Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

If we were not so shorthanded right now, I'd suggest MS55 watch tonight from the pressbox. 

Hopefully, there has been enough "discussion" in the social and mainstream media that he is getting the message he has to step it up.

Probably time for our new coaching search to heat up a little as well, maybe we need a new interim coach, from outside. 

What's Ted Nolan doing these days? 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on February 08, 2022, 08:12:53 PM
If we were not so shorthanded right now, I'd suggest MS55 watch tonight from the pressbox. 

Hopefully, there has been enough "discussion" in the social and mainstream media that he is getting the message he has to step it up.

Probably time for our new coaching search to heat up a little as well, maybe we need a new interim coach, from outside. 

What's Ted Nolan doing these days? 

MS55 in the press box, a little to much time on the pipe.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on February 08, 2022, 08:21:06 PM
MS55 in the press box, a little to much time on the pipe.

Needs something to wake him up.  He is in a funk, a slump, he's playing like Betty White out there.  He needs a Snickers, a slumpbuster, or some time on the pines (Lowry has benched him in third periods twice so far that I have heard of)., or a game in the pressbox to either shake or break him.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Yeah, let's throw the team's struggling 1C in the press box as the Jets scratch and claw to keep pace with numerous other players already out of the lineup due to injuries and COVID protocol.

What a ridiculously irrational suggestion.

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 08, 2022, 09:39:04 PM
Yeah, let's throw the team's struggling 1C in the press box as the Jets scratch and claw to keep pace with numerous other players already out of the lineup due to injuries and COVID protocol.

What a ridiculously irrational suggestion.

Did you not see where I said "If we were not so shorthanded right now"

Jeesh.

What is YOUR suggestion for waking MS55 up?

Jockitch

Somewhat surprised that Connors wasn't practicing with Wheels & Scheif ...... won't be shocked to see that occur if team doesn't gel vs Wild
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

MS55 with the game winner.

Helli was lights out, rock solid.

Trade Lowry, never. The man is a beast.

81/91 were missing 80.

Good win over a good team.

blue_or_die

Hugely physical game. Loved that they?re playing pi**ed off.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 09, 2022, 03:29:49 AM
Hugely physical game. Loved that they?re playing pi**ed off.

Absolutely solid defensive game last night. Scheifele, Perfetti, and Connor all stuck out for the right reasons. Hellebuyck looked like his old self.

Lowry sticking up for his team in those two brawls was awesome. Greenway and Foligno are such clowns, the latter in particular. That knee to the head was disgusting; he better sit a few games.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

MS55 certainly had a better game.  Actually saw him backchecking, it was awesome.

No one has mentioned AC9, he also had a great game. 

As decimated as the team is by injury and protocol, a solid effort.  It is almost like the team needs adversity to rally to.  Maybe that's their identity, back them into a corner and watch them up their game.

Pigskin

AC9 had a chance to C the Jets top line. He was a none factor. I also noticed that he not very physical.

He had 5 shots and, 3 excellent scoring chances and nothing. Best place for him is playing along side 17.

blue_gold_84

Nobody had to mention Copp (who did have a great game and has been really good all season) because he hasn't been the target of vitriol and hyperbole in this thread and elsewhere online.

It's nice to see the armchair GMs and coaches zip it, even for a day. Their boorish narrative was getting old and pretty annoying.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

I am wondering how many games Foligno?

Interesting, Foligno and Greenwood, both with 0 shots on goal. To busy running around being a__ clowns.

Jockitch

My gosh what a terrific team effort ....... lots of effective Jets hustle & anticipation, which was rewarded in turnovers.
Outstanding faceoff numbers which helped us control, instead of chase.
The previous mentioned players were indeed great, plus wish to add Harkins, Reichel, Heinola & definitely DeMelo
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE