Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Well we get MS55 back for our next game, he should help our PP. 

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

The whole team mostly stunk last night and even when they had some solid chances, Gibson shut the door.

Just burn the tape and move on. Scheifele will be back on Saturday and that'll hopefully get the Jets on the right track in San Jose.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

It's always a let down to come out flat on opening night.

I hope MS55 can help light a fire.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Yes, it's only the first game. D pairings have to figure things out. Helli will get in game shape. Moe will figure out his lines.

Pigskin

Well I am hoping for a better result tonight.

Pigskin

Solid 1st. period for the Jet's. PL80 should had 3 goals.

The Jets look tired the last 10 minutes of the 2nd. period.

PK and the PP both need work.

The Zipp

I realize a country will disagree but hockey is the crispy crunch of the sports world.  After 2 months of NFL, CFL and CFB the Game of hockey just cannot compete.  I actually chose baseball over some of the Jets game tonight. 

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on October 17, 2021, 04:42:30 AM
I realize a country will disagree but hockey is the crispy crunch of the sports world.  After 2 months of NFL, CFL and CFB the Game of hockey just cannot compete.  I actually chose baseball over some of the Jets game tonight. 

I mostly agree with you.

I don't watch CFB unless there's a narrative that drives me towards it (Joe Burrow's National Championship run on the way to be the Bengals #1 pick), and definitely wouldn't watch random baseball over the Jets, but it is a busy sports season and the Jets at the beginning of their season (especially when they play poorly) are just less impactful.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

PoMo has got to go I?ve seen this story far to many times. Guy is a used car salesman in the media and a crappy implementor of systems.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Jets and Bombers always come first. Sprinkle in all other sport around them. On of best things ever invented the remote control.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 17, 2021, 03:57:06 PM
PoMo has got to go I?ve seen this story far to many times. Guy is a used car salesman in the media and a crappy implementor of systems.

So, after two bad games who do you want to see take over as head coach? You consistently crap on the guy but never offer an alternative as to who will "better" this team.

Bottom line is the players on the ice have to actually execute whatever system's in place. We've seen them buy in before but they haven't really through two games this season. It's hard to fault just the coach when the majority of the players aren't doing what they're supposed to do.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Is it too early for the "Fire Maurice" thread?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on October 18, 2021, 04:01:43 PM
Is it too early for the "Fire Maurice" thread?

Far to early. second game of the year. A number of new parts. Let's give this team a little time. decent 5 on 5 play, PP has be ugly.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2021, 04:34:45 PM
Far to early. second game of the year. A number of new parts. Let's give this team a little time. decent 5 on 5 play, PP has be ugly.

OK, just checking... who is in charge of specials this year?  Can we fire him already?

Oh, and Blake Wheeler into COVID protocol...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I really liked the energy and hustle that the line of 12/17/93 had late in the 3rd. on Saturday Night. 12 needs more then a few minutes a game.  Wasn't really impressed with 81/55/26.

Dillon throwing some big hits was a plus and nice to see. Stanley's fight was something they need in the Ducks game. Can't let team push around our skill players.