Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Perfetti centreing Wheeler and Connor would be ridiculous, but could be amazing.  It will be cool to see in a preseason game if he has the tools to handle that spot.  No doubt PauMo wants to see every combination in his tool bag before the preseason is over...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Good game tonight. NE27 looks like he's going to have another good year. Really flying tonight.

Jets also have a very solid D this year. Nice group to watch.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

PloenFan

Great game by Ehlers (2 goals on seven shots).
All six defencemen had shots on goal, and just under half our shots (17 of 40) were by defencemen.
Nice to see us throw some hits (four by Dillon, three by Harkins, two each by Nash and Lawry).
A bit disappointing that Helle let in two goals on only 18 shots, but it looks as if he may have been partially screened on the first and the second may have been a deflection.

Pigskin

A little debate today at my Doctor's office. Is NE27 the best draft choice the 2.0 Winnipeg Jets have made?

Still only 25, and coming off his best year in the NHL. We also have him for another 3 years after this year.

MS55 is another great draft choice. Now 28 and has another 2 years on his current deal.

drahgon

IMO KC81 edges out NE27 as he is consistently on the top line and the #1 pp unit. He is also signed to a long term deal. That being said, NE27 is my current favorite player!

Pigskin

Quote from: drahgon on October 08, 2021, 04:27:25 PM
IMO KC81 edges out NE27 as he is consistently on the top line and the #1 pp unit. He is also signed to a long term deal. That being said, NE27 is my current favorite player!

KC81 is another great pick. I guess you could throw JM44 in that pile. So would you go:

1- KC81
2- MS55
3- NE27
4- JM44

Maybe we should do a top 5. 

drahgon

Can't forget about CH37...

Tough to rank with the different positions but here's a go:

1-KC81
2-MS55
3-CH37
4-NE27
5-JM44

honorable mentions also for AL17 and AC9

Pigskin

Yes, where would the Jet's be without CH37.

Would also be nice to see LS64 in the top in the next year or two.

PloenFan

A bit concerned that Bucky allowed three goals on 23 shots, for an .870 save percentage.
Is it possible he's still feeling the effects of his COVID bout in August ?
Hopefully he'll be back to his old self soon.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-jets-vaccinated-hellebuyck-covid-19-1.6187502

Pigskin

NE27 injured twice in the game is more of a concern to me then CH37 play. Most of the goals scored on him are due to weak play in front of our net.

Jockitch

Agree that the health of Ehlers, going forward, is huge

Definitely the early reviews are that our team, with a couple of adds on D., should be capable of
playing keep-away more and cutting down on great opposition chances.

My question, from watching pre-season & former seasons ?? Is Copp really a 2nd line player
I?m a fan as an overall contributor but don?t see him as a real offensive asset for all his ice time
Really hope he can help Dubois and Ehlers get to 70+ points each
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Jets will start on the road Wednesday night 9:00 pm. First of three on the road to begin the season.

Jockitch

On Cap Friendly they show only 12 fwds listed and that includes Scheif who is suspended tonight & perfetti who makes his NHL debut.
Thinking Svechnikov gets in tonight ........ unless someone has heard other.
Also if Ehlers is still to hurt to go ....... does Gustafson or Reichel play           Course the Jets could go with 11 fwds & 7 D .............. or NOT !!
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

I AM PUMPED even know 5 hours away! Who else?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Time to score one on the PP. Jet's need a big period.

Jets need to flex a little muscle here.

Helli not very good.

Jets will be better with MS55 in the lineup.