Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Sounds like the top three lines to start the season will be, 81/55/26.  9/80/27.   25/17/93.  The fight is one for the 4th. line spots. But then again Moe loves to mix things up.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Harkin, Svechnikov, and Poganski, all played very well tonight. D was solid. Helli looking good also.

Nice to KC81 hasn't lost his scoring touch.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Pigskin on September 29, 2021, 11:21:05 PM
Sounds like the top three lines to start the season will be, 81/55/26.  9/80/27.   25/17/93.  The fight is one for the 4th. line spots. But then again Moe loves to mix things up.

Interesting that Stast is demoted in favour of Copp but I understand wanting to give Copper the opportunity on his one year deal while Stastny is in his sunset years. It will hopefully result in more goals for both lines, although I really loved the grit of that third line with Lowry and Copp together as well as Appleton, and thought Harkins would have moved into Appleton's spot quite nicely. At the same time, happy to see Vesa get his NHL shot on a scoring line, as he would be useless on a fourth line role whereas Harkins may very well excel.

I expect Nash, Harkins and probably Toninato to be our fourth line to start.
#Ride?

Pigskin

Pigskin

The Jets had a lot of young players in the lineup tonight and played pretty well. I really like Svech71. Skates very well, and really handles the puck well. Great pass to JM44 tonight.

Jockitch

Have been to TC just twice, watched all games, and am really excited about this Svechnikov. He really is skilled, very aware of the hustle and bustle around him and seems to make good decisions offensively and while defending.
He is the brother of Andre of the Hurricanes, who himself is an above average player
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jockitch on October 03, 2021, 02:18:51 PM
Have been to TC just twice, watched all games, and am really excited about this Svechnikov. He really is skilled, very aware of the hustle and bustle around him and seems to make good decisions offensively and while defending.
He is the brother of Andre of the Hurricanes, who himself is an above average player
he has earned at least a 2 way contract
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

PloenFan

According to the  Jets site, 11 players have been assigned to the Moose, including goalies Berdin and Holm.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-reduce-training-camp-roster-by-11-players/c-326566324

Does this mean the Jets are happy with Comrie as our backup, or are we planning to bring in another veteran ?

Pigskin

I am not surprised, I heard a week ago on CJOB that Jet's where going with Comrie as the backup, at least to start the year.

Pigskin

There is some talk about CP91 playing between 81 and 26 in the season opener.

Jesse

Quote from: PloenFan on October 04, 2021, 10:27:51 PM
According to the  Jets site, 11 players have been assigned to the Moose, including goalies Berdin and Holm.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-reduce-training-camp-roster-by-11-players/c-326566324

Does this mean the Jets are happy with Comrie as our backup, or are we planning to bring in another veteran ?

It's been long confirmed that Comrie is the back up. We can't afford to bring in anyone else.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on October 06, 2021, 04:41:41 AM

I can't imagine that actually happening.

Maybe I'm just being a little cycnical about CP's chances, but this all seems like media hype to me. I don't expect to see him in a Jets jersey this year.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on October 06, 2021, 04:41:41 AM

Where? Scheifele sits for this game but I highly doubt Perfetti takes the 1C spot.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on October 06, 2021, 01:23:27 PM
I can't imagine that actually happening.

Maybe I'm just being a little cycnical about CP's chances, but this all seems like media hype to me. I don't expect to see him in a Jets jersey this year.

It would make more sense to put PS25 in the middle of 81/26. However on CJOB there was a report that CP91 has been skating with 81/26 and mite be between them for the season opener.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on October 06, 2021, 02:55:57 PM
It would make more sense to put PS25 in the middle of 81/26. However on CJOB there was a report that CP91 has been skating with 81/26 and mite be between them for the season opener.

I'm more inclined to believe that's strictly a developmental move.

Though PM would be remiss to not try out all the combinations he could.
My wife is amazing!