Blue Bombers Forum
November 26, 2022, 05:17:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Game #4 Stamps - News & notes  (Read 5334 times)
DM83

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2021, 01:29:46 PM »

Yeah no problem with the Stars not practicing until,,they are invisible( Jefferson)
It seems to look like these guys need about three weeks off to recover from minor stuff.

Even with the injuries we are still only a couple plays away from winning.
I wish I could share your optimism about Andrew.  But if that clip was from two weeks ago, then he could be a lot lighter and faster on his feet.  I don't mind if he even sits out the regular season.

We also have ratio room to play an American back there, with NFL cuts coming available.
Our remaining backs don't have that extra gear or burst, in my opinion. Our guys just bulldoze, and once  clear to the third level they can get it going,,but not all the way to the end zone.  But with the road graders up,front just run it again.

We do need an explosive player on O.
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2021, 02:36:06 PM »

Yeah no problem with the Stars not practicing until,,they are invisible( Jefferson)
It seems to look like these guys need about three weeks off to recover from minor stuff.

Even with the injuries we are still only a couple plays away from winning.
I wish I could share your optimism about Andrew.  But if that clip was from two weeks ago, then he could be a lot lighter and faster on his feet.  I don't mind if he even sits out the regular season.

We also have ratio room to play an American back there, with NFL cuts coming available.
Our remaining backs don't have that extra gear or burst, in my opinion. Our guys just bulldoze, and once  clear to the third level they can get it going,,but not all the way to the end zone.  But with the road graders up,front just run it again.

We do need an explosive player on O.

It's an option and we do have an import on the PR. With possible injuries to nearly all our receivers I don't know who can dress and what the options then become. Adams, Bailey and Woli are nicked. Demski is out.

Everything depends on who goes onto IR and who comes off. Anybodies guess at the moment.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
DM83

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2021, 02:45:34 PM »

Yup.  I won't pick a victor. We don't seem to have any players left! Geez!
Our defence can't survive another debacle like Toronto.

I hate to say it, but if we played tonite I would be picking Calgary, and Maier passing for 500 yards,,and us 100 yds.

Well three days to get better. Here's hoping.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 07:55:28 PM by DM83 » Logged
BlueGold8597

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2021, 04:53:43 PM »

I thought Jefferson was in the locker room second half vs. Toronto. He should maybe sit out their game on Sunday.he wasn't making many plays, last week.

I love bomber fans. Such wonderful haters. I just come here for the laughs.

The guy is our best player and won us our first grey cup in 30 years but sure hate hate hate.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2021, 05:29:37 PM »

I love bomber fans. Such wonderful haters. I just come here for the laughs.

The guy is our best player and won us our first grey cup in 30 years but sure hate hate hate.
I disagree with your opinion if you actually read most posts. Trolling?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
longtimeblue

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2021, 03:46:25 PM »

Obviously, we're seeing the effects of the long layoff and the lack of preseason games to get these guys into game shape on a more gradual basis. Most of our best players are not youngsters anymore. Covid has definitely hurt our chances for a back to back.
 But, all teams are dealing with it. Short season, so hope for recoveries. Maybe an advantage for teams with younger rosters.

What about Augustine out of the backfield? He had a couple of decent starts in 2019.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:49:24 PM by longtimeblue » Logged
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2021, 04:34:56 PM »

Ed Tait
@EdTaitWFC

19m
Andrew Harris mostly watching today's
@Wpg_BlueBombers
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »

Obviously, we're seeing the effects of the long layoff and the lack of preseason games to get these guys into game shape on a more gradual basis. Most of our best players are not youngsters anymore. Covid has definitely hurt our chances for a back to back.
 But, all teams are dealing with it. Short season, so hope for recoveries. Maybe an advantage for teams with younger rosters.

What about Augustine out of the backfield? He had a couple of decent starts in 2019.

I would give BO one more game then it's time for Augustine to show what he can do.
Blue In BC

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2021, 04:41:51 PM »

Ed Tait
@EdTaitWFC

19m
Andrew Harris mostly watching today's
@Wpg_BlueBombers

Very disappointing.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
DM83

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2021, 04:45:01 PM »

Aggggghhhhh!
Great comment on an earlier post.  Most of the stars are feeling the bumps and bruises it seems.
I think we are in trouble.

Watchin Wired here on Friday at Noon.
Toronto kicked us really bad. And we were not ready at all.
Lawler is the real deal.
But who else?
blue_or_die

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2021, 06:21:06 PM »

I would give BO one more game then it's time for Augustine to show what he can do.

OK but we should actually try giving BO the ball a few times and not letting their DL throw our OL around like ragdolls.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2021, 06:21:21 PM »

From Darrin Bauming;
Could the long-awaited debut of Alden Darby be this Sunday? Looking like a distinct possibility. He's getting a good look at the dime in practice this week.

Acquired via trade from the #Argos in July following the Achilles' injury to dimeback Mercy Maston.  #Bombers

Pigskin

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2021, 06:41:04 PM »

I didn't think AH33 would be back this week.

Darby in, does this mean Jones is back to his normal position?

Did Adam's practice today.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2021, 08:26:56 PM »

From Darrin Bauming;

Tyler Crapigna
did not practice Friday - officially listed as a hamstring injury.

Will rookie Marc Liegghio handle all of the #Bombers' kicking duties on Sunday? Saturday's depth chart release may help paint Sunday's kicking picture.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2021, 09:19:54 PM »

We should just platoon them and go with the hot hand. It's not like either has earned anything more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: