Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2022, 10:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Receivers  (Read 10552 times)
Sec227

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2021, 01:10:06 PM »

I like how Zach is putting in a sneaky game stats wise. Leads the league in active QB's. And not even much of a whimper of MOP talk yet..
Blue In BC

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2021, 01:21:32 PM »

Having Roosevelt may allow us to rest a receiver for a game to allow them to get fully healthy, as O'Shea said they are all nicked up and most have been limited or dnp on tpractice days. If we DI one we can also rotate them in game which has been a key part in our defensive schemes. Also Roosevelt has always been clutch on second downs.

You lost me.

If we DI Roosevelt we have to take one of the defensive DI's out.

The idea of letting a veteran sit for a game and get healthy has some merit. We don't get enough injury information about exactly how healthy each receiver is at the moment.

Clearly they are all nicked and could use some time to heal but that is the nature of pro sport. No veteran will want to sit. Most are not practising much due to being nicked.

It's an interesting question for the coaches this week as they juggle the roster.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2021, 02:11:17 PM »

Technically he was found by the Lions in 2018. We added him to TC and kept him.

Thanks for that. Didn't know!
Blue In BC

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2021, 03:53:06 PM »

Thanks for that. Didn't know!

No big deal. It's not unusual for players from one TC or PR to end up on another roster even in their 1st season. Overall the Bombers haven't been great at finding receivers directly and them still with team for an extended time.

This TC was no exception. I thought we'd at least find one that was really challenging Nelson, Grant and possibly Bailey.  At the moment the sole import survivor is McKnight and he could be on thin ice after adding Roosevelt and once Grant returns.

Bailey has shown some talent at times but we're 5 games in and he has 220 yards. I wouldn't consider him a lock and think there is a chance that Roosevelt bumps him this week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2021, 03:48:42 AM »

Wolitarsky made a phenomenal diving grab against the Riders.....here's a great shot of it

https://3downnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Drew-Wolitarsky.jpg

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:13:29 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2021, 12:31:58 PM »

Our recievers our not as good as everyone thinks. Lawler average,  Demski good but injured, Bailey shouldn't be on the team, McKnight should take Bailey's spot.  Woli is under used  Adam's is our best. We need taller recievers.

Fortunately, this comment hasn't aged well.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Blue In BC

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2021, 12:35:57 PM »

Fortunately, this comment hasn't aged well.

LOL. No kidding. We've seen the continued improvement game to game of all of our receivers. I'm particularly happy to see Bailey live up to what we saw briefly in 2019. He's now being used more in the game plan by Pierce.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Jesse

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2021, 12:54:40 PM »

I absolutely hate when people go looking for old takes like this just to rub a random comment in someone's face.

Grow up, people.

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2021, 12:56:50 PM »

I absolutely hate when people go looking for old takes like this just to rub a random comment in someone's face.

Grow up, people.

Oh, give it a rest. Some posters have pretty laughably bad takes.

Try not to fall off your high horse, BTW.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2021, 01:25:15 PM »

Oh, give it a rest. Some posters have pretty laughably bad takes.

Try not to fall off your high horse, BTW.
I agree with Jessie on this one what?s the point of taking pot shots at all posts?

A lot has happened since then.

Best to Move on?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2021, 01:36:16 PM »

I agree with Jessie on this one what?s the point of taking pot shots at all posts?

Best to Move on?

Barely a few weeks into a compressed season with no pre-season was clearly a bad time to start a thread crapping all over the receiving corps.

Losing Collaros to injury is a "garbage thread" but let's tell someone else to grow up because another crummy thread didn't age well. Pointing out the latter is hardly taking pot shots.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2021, 02:56:35 PM »

Barely a few weeks into a compressed season with no pre-season was clearly a bad time to start a thread crapping all over the receiving corps.

Losing Collaros to injury is a "garbage thread" but let's tell someone else to grow up because another crummy thread didn't age well. Pointing out the latter is hardly taking pot shots.
ok ok 84 all good

I agree the Collaros injury praying thread is idiotic and should be deleted as well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:50:49 PM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2021, 04:31:58 PM »

When one posts ridiculous things for example:
Fire MOS now after a bad game or two
Fire Hall now after we get roasted on D
Our receivers suck, worst in league etc.

They are setting themselves up to be roasted in the moment and on occasion reminded of the past LOL

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Jesse

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2021, 04:55:20 PM »

We all say a million things throughout the season. Most of everything we all say is wrong.

But people want to bring up old posts trashing people for specific things; or even worse, bring up their old takes as something that accidently happened.

Lets just live in the moment.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2021, 06:22:34 PM »

We all say a million things throughout the season. Most of everything we all say is wrong.

But people want to bring up old posts trashing people for specific things; or even worse, bring up their old takes as something that accidently happened.

Lets just live in the moment.

I agree, most of that stuff is from 2018, early 2019, but there are a few still looking in there rearview mirror. 

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: