Blue Bombers Forum
October 01, 2022, 02:02:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Receivers  (Read 11131 times)
ichabod_crane

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2021, 09:22:42 PM »

Definitely worth a shot at challenging. Close enough to a catch to warrant it. A single time out in the CFL is really not that significant. Win the challenge, new ball game. Lose it, so what? Our kicking woes made it more worthwhile throwing the flag. I watched the replay a few times. Thought he had control.
 As to the receiver debate, I thing one dynamic guy, the so called game breaker, would make a huge difference. Would open up a lot of space for our other, very capable receivers. Not impressed with Bailey or McKnight.

Really had high hopes for Meridith. He was that guy with da Bears.

DITKA!....Da Bulls, Da Bears!!    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBnnon_iZOM
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2021, 12:16:51 AM »

Watch last game 3 times and report back please lol
DA Bombers

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2021, 12:40:24 AM »

Glad the Bombers are pretty deep in this category now. Pierce may be a good reliable OC but he isn't the killer type that stomps on their opponents non stop.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2021, 12:53:43 AM »

DA BOMBERS!! DA JETS!!! Wink SWAGGERVILLE #2! Cheesy
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2021, 02:32:08 AM »

DA BOMBERS!! DA JETS!!! Wink SWAGGERVILLE #2! Cheesy
Pretty classic moment there Smiley

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2021, 04:05:12 PM »

Terrific performance by our WRs yesterday. Big rebound from the Stamp game. Bravo!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
ichabod_crane

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2021, 08:20:18 PM »

Collaros with a perfect Throw and Demski with a great catch. The receivers are getting open and few dropsies this game. That bodes well if it continues into the future.
Blue72

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2021, 10:17:56 PM »

Why do the bombers have such a hard time finding real good receivers, the ones we have are good but are so hot and cold. The best we have is Lawler but has been dropping a lot lately and Adams was real good a couple years ago but not the same receiver he was. Demski is one you could count on and Wolitarsky is good but not used enough. As for Bailey, he is above average but not a game breaker so far and will he be in his 2nd year? The other guys that are marked in as receivers are Nelson and McKnight, both haven't showed that they should be here as receivers. You may say that Nelson is not a receiver but was put in when Demski went down. The rest of the receivers that were brought in beginning of the year are mostly gone. So i'm wondering if that is why Roosevelt was brought in. Zach needs a Rodgers, Lewis or a Burnham when you need a guy he could count on that holds on when you need it.
 You look at Zach when he comes off the field, he doesn't look happy with all the drops.
 You may say that we have good receivers but maybe it time to turn it up a notch and find better or a game breaker other teams seem to find them.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2021, 01:49:18 AM »

Why do the bombers have such a hard time finding real good receivers, the ones we have are good but are so hot and cold. The best we have is Lawler but has been dropping a lot lately and Adams was real good a couple years ago but not the same receiver he was. Demski is one you could count on and Wolitarsky is good but not used enough. As for Bailey, he is above average but not a game breaker so far and will he be in his 2nd year? The other guys that are marked in as receivers are Nelson and McKnight, both haven't showed that they should be here as receivers. You may say that Nelson is not a receiver but was put in when Demski went down. The rest of the receivers that were brought in beginning of the year are mostly gone. So i'm wondering if that is why Roosevelt was brought in. Zach needs a Rodgers, Lewis or a Burnham when you need a guy he could count on that holds on when you need it.
 You look at Zach when he comes off the field, he doesn't look happy with all the drops.
 You may say that we have good receivers but maybe it time to turn it up a notch and find better or a game breaker other teams seem to find them.

Kenny Lawler is second in the CFL for receiving yards and tied for second with receiving touchdowns. That's pretty good. And he's a Winnipeg find.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2021, 01:57:10 AM »

The receivers got a bad rap last game against the Stamps and I noticed 3 key receptions by 3 different receivers.    The first great catch was Lawler's catch after the interception....that was a difficult catch to make and it resulted in our first major early in the game and took the Rider fans out of the game.   The second big catch was Wolitarski's lay out diving catch which was pretty spectacular and got us into scoring range.    The other big catch was Demski's  end zone TD which was a gorgeous throw by Zach who took a hit to deliver that one.....that play pretty much sealed the deal for us.   Adams had a pretty good outing despite his fumble which was an equally good play by Gainey to punch it out from behind.    I'm still happy we signed Roosevelt because of his sure hands and vast body of work and experience behind him.   Receivers get nicked up often and Adams is known to go down once or twice a season.    Hopefully Andrew Harris gets thrown into the mix as he's a great receiver out of the backfield and downfield as well!    Bailey is rounding into form as well and if we can get Grant back he's capable of making plays on offence to keep opposing Ds honest with his blinding speed!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 01:59:13 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Pete

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2021, 03:41:51 AM »

Having Roosevelt may allow us to rest a receiver for a game to allow them to get fully healthy, as O'Shea said they are all nicked up and most have been limited or dnp on tpractice days. If we DI one we can also rotate them in game which has been a key part in our defensive schemes. Also Roosevelt has always been clutch on second downs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2021, 12:14:08 PM »

Kenny Lawler is second in the CFL for receiving yards and tied for second with receiving touchdowns. That's pretty good. And he's a Winnipeg find.

Technically he was found by the Lions in 2018. We added him to TC and kept him.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 12:25:44 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2021, 12:15:21 PM »

Lawler is a stud.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
GCn19

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2021, 01:03:11 PM »

Lawler is a great receiver. Had some bad drops in a couple games but he is an elite receiver. No worries about him at all. Bailey is an enigma. He is hot an cold. Adams just hasn't found his groove yet, and if he doesn't do so soon that will be tough production to lose. Mitchell would have helped us a lot. Woli/Demski are as good as it gets in this league for NAT receivers. No worries there. We could use one more IMP stud receiver imo. Personally, I would like to see an upgrade on Bailey.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2021, 01:04:41 PM »

Maybe we should get Lawler's eyes checked... maybe he needs some Lazix... fixed Bowman up...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: