Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2022, 11:31:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Receivers  (Read 10555 times)
DM83

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2021, 07:17:37 PM »

Pigskin, so you are in Favor of giving him a look.?

I would agree he is an ego maniac.  I do believe Wade Or OShea would kick his *** is he still was a ME. guy.
He's the size we need
But of course there are tons of unknowns out there"

I thought Darin's catch at the one was a catch, and he wasn't down by contact as he landed on the DB, and the ball flew out of bounds but after he established possession.

The ref showed no integrity, or understanding of. What possession is.  So the easy call, - incomplete.
The other call had three interference possibilities.  The first was the Toronto receiver grabbing our guy, then we pushed the Rec away and caught the ball.

I would have called the first act the receiver grabbing our arm.

Why didn't OShea challenge Adams play?  OSjea was insert  your word.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 07:19:15 PM by DM83 » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 07:36:57 PM »

Hard no on any thing to do with DC.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
DM83

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 07:53:43 PM »

Got it.
dd

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 08:00:55 PM »

Ya, I think Carter has played himself out of the league
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:18:49 PM by dd » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2021, 09:03:09 PM »

Pigskin, so you are in Favor of giving him a look.?

I would agree he is an ego maniac.  I do believe Wade Or OShea would kick his *** is he still was a ME. guy.
He's the size we need
But of course there are tons of unknowns out there"

I thought Darin's catch at the one was a catch, and he wasn't down by contact as he landed on the DB, and the ball flew out of bounds but after he established possession.

The ref showed no integrity, or understanding of. What possession is.  So the easy call, - incomplete.
The other call had three interference possibilities.  The first was the Toronto receiver grabbing our guy, then we pushed the Rec away and caught the ball.

I would have called the first act the receiver grabbing our arm.

Why didn't OShea challenge Adams play?  OSjea was insert  your word.

You have to survive contact and / or with the ground and he didn't. Fans tend to blame the refs when calls don't go their way. O'Shea saw the replay and didn't deem it a reception either.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
dd

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2021, 09:20:09 PM »

Ya it was a no brainers drop, no sense challenging the obvious
Horseman

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2021, 10:39:19 PM »

Hard no on any thing to do with DC.

Duron Carter is a cancer on any team. Hard no.
DM83

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2021, 12:06:01 AM »

Adams landed on the tackler, I,don't think he touched the field.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2021, 06:37:14 AM »

Agree with all buy onside kick.  We sent the house and could have caused a turn over, it didn't work and we got beat bad, happens.

The funny thing is, we're sending Jones16 on blitz and he's got straight path to QB... but he jinks/jukes just a little bit and that literally delays him the 1/10 second to allow the pass.  It's really weird, like he was trying to anticipate QB running, or something.

If Jones just goes full speed straight ahead, that's probably a fumble or an errant toss.

Watch the play, you'll see.  Weird.  Too bad.  We'll never know.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2021, 06:39:03 AM »

You have to survive contact and / or with the ground and he didn't.

Only if you don't have possession on your feet.  If you have possession on your feet (Adams did) and take a step then "survive the ground" doesn't apply.  "Survive" is for jumping/diving/falling catches.  See my post on the other thread.

If you're running with the ball (i.e. steps) and guy tackles you and you lose it after DBC, then it's just that, DBC and you move the chains.

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »

Only if you don't have possession on your feet.  If you have possession on your feet (Adams did) and take a step then "survive the ground" doesn't apply.  "Survive" is for jumping/diving/falling catches.  See my post on the other thread.

If you're running with the ball (i.e. steps) and guy tackles you and you lose it after DBC, then it's just that, DBC and you move the chains.

The refs disagree with you, O'Shea choose not to challenge after looking at the review. That should tell you all you need to know but you continue to argue a rule you don't understand.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
3rdand1.5

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2021, 04:26:29 PM »

As a collective our receivers did not play well enough. It was one week, we looked good in the first two games let's hope they bounce back, everyone has bad games.
Pigskin

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2021, 04:38:54 PM »

I know on CJOB after the game Doug and Bob were talking about adding a game breaking receiver like Daniels. I am think Lawler still could be that guy. That catch he made well battling for the ball was pretty amazing.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
DM83

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2021, 05:08:28 PM »

AgAin, like last year, we DO NOT have a game breaker receiver.

We,do need a dominating guy.
I mean come on.  When the ball goes up, as fans we kind of hope and pray our guy catches it.

Admit it.  For four years now McManus has been unable to find us a dominating receiver.

We have an excellent group, but not one guy that can dominate.

Lawler and Adams are awesome as second and third guys.  They don't have break away speed, and that in itself prevents some easy scores.  Demski is probably the fastest.  Everything else are sub par.

Here is an interesting question. Who would be our version of the Tampa Bay's "Gronk" ?

Buck aint Lapo.  Our motion game ain't the same..
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »

AgAin, like last year, we DO NOT have a game breaker receiver.

Edmonton has two on paper but Ellingson has had one good game and Walker hasn't done much all year. Shaq Evans is on the 6-game. Collaros is 3rd in passing yards and 1st in passing TDs. Lucky Whitehead, Bryan Burnham and Kenny Lawler are 1, 2 and 3 in receiving yards so for this season.

We're chucking the ball just fine. We have more than enough talent at wide receiver.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: