Blue Bombers Forum
October 01, 2022, 01:24:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg October 23, 2021  (Read 9813 times)
BlueInCgy

« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2021, 01:20:45 PM »

A Canadian Thunder and Lightning duo down the stretch perhaps.

Gut feel - we?ll see a version of that in the playoffs, not before.  MOS and Buck have 5 weeks to game plan stuff no one has seen us do before on both offence and ST, and I?m sure that?s been in the works for a while.
Jesse

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2021, 01:29:52 PM »

Gut feel - we?ll see a version of that in the playoffs, not before.  MOS and Buck have 5 weeks to game plan stuff no one has seen us do before on both offence and ST, and I?m sure that?s been in the works for a while.

Probably right about some version of that.

My wife is amazing!
PloenFan

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2021, 06:03:31 PM »

There was some mention about Brandon "Hit Man" Alexander, which kind of reminds me of James Jefferson, who played for us years ago.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2021, 06:10:25 PM »

There was some mention about Brandon "Hit Man" Alexander, which kind of reminds me of James Jefferson, who played for us years ago.
He definitely puts the fear into opposing receivers.....I noticed a few drops in the last game where I'm sure they heard Alexander's footsteps!!

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
ichabod_crane

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2021, 01:27:50 AM »

James Jefferson was a great corner back and returner, but was not really a HITMAN! Bennie Thompson was the original Bombers HITMAN!! Smiley The Canadian safety we had a few years ago could hit pretty good too, but his career did not last too long (continually injury prone) and he was nowhere near the overall athlete that Brandon Alexander is.
PloenFan

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2021, 05:14:22 PM »

Yes, you are right !

It's interesting that Bennie Thompson wore # 37, same as Brandon Alexander.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/01/09/number-37/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 05:18:11 PM by PloenFan » Logged
the paw

« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2021, 06:15:21 PM »

James Jefferson was a great corner back and returner, but was not really a HITMAN! Bennie Thompson was the original Bombers HITMAN!! Smiley The Canadian safety we had a few years ago could hit pretty good too, but his career did not last too long (continually injury prone) and he was nowhere near the overall athlete that Brandon Alexander is.

Brian Herosian used to lay the lumber from the safety position.  Flagel and Europe were both excellent safeties, but I think Taylor Loffler was the biggest hitter at that position that i have seen on the Bombers.

The name Reggie Pierson jumped into my head as a hitter, but i may be confusing him with Bennie Thompson.

grab grass 'n growl
ichabod_crane

« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2021, 10:04:10 PM »

Brian Herosian used to lay the lumber from the safety position.  Flagel and Europe were both excellent safeties, but I think Taylor Loffler was the biggest hitter at that position that i have seen on the Bombers.

The name Reggie Pierson jumped into my head as a hitter, but i may be confusing him with Bennie Thompson.

Pierson played with the Bombers from 1978 - 1983. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Pierson

I don't recall Pierson being known for his hits although a good db for sure.

Thompson came later in the 1980's (1986-1988).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: