Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2022, 10:21:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Receivers  (Read 10551 times)
Austin85

« on: August 21, 2021, 11:07:17 PM »

Our recievers our not as good as everyone thinks. Lawler average,  Demski good but injured, Bailey shouldn't be on the team, McKnight should take Bailey's spot.  Woli is under used  Adam's is our best. We need taller recievers.
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 11:13:52 PM »

- Adams and Lawler both had very uncharacteristic drops/misses. Inexcusable but this can be cleaned up- they weren?t on today
- Demski?s versatility, speed and break-away capabilities are very valuable and noticed when absent
- Love Bailey as a person but I agree he isn?t good enough. Sorry bud.
- McKnight is is ok as a backup/fill in I guess. Haven?t seen enough
- Woli plays field side which isn?t supposed to get thrown to often. He?s very good in a limited role but you?re not going to see him get 10+ targets again. Great role player though.

Bottom line, get Demski back healthy, Adams gets the first game jitters over with, and Lawler gives his head a shake, and this core is very capable. Need to support them with a run game, too, btw.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 11:16:20 PM »

It isn't a tallness thing - they had a bad game, it was Darvins first game since the Grey Cup.  Lawler has been very good. I thought we had a practice roster guy who was really good but injured. 

Toronto is a good team

We can win with this bunch - Demski back along with Harris...

The offensive game plan was an issue as well some really bad drops.  Darvin hangs on to the catch at the one and it may be a different game
DM83

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 11:16:50 PM »

Why would Mcknight be on the team. That group need something else

Where's the guy that played for BC last yr they played.  Carter?
We do need help at receiver....

Was Jefferson injured?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 11:26:21 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 11:24:23 PM »

Demski being out was huge today.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue_or_die

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 11:28:52 PM »

It isn't a tallness thing - they had a bad game, it was Darvins first game since the Grey Cup.  Lawler has been very good. I thought we had a practice roster guy who was really good but injured. 

Toronto is a good team

We can win with this bunch - Demski back along with Harris...

The offensive game plan was an issue as well some really bad drops.  Darvin hangs on to the catch at the one and it may be a different game

Ardarius Stewart. I was so excited to see him play. Unfortunate about the injury. Same with Cam Merideth (injured since like day 1 of TC and released earlier this week)

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
dd

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 12:39:46 AM »

Lets face it, having Demski and Harris out is like taking 70% of your offense away. The guys we have playing clearly aren?t capable of picking up the slack, especially in demski?s place, the dude is under appreciated. Olivera had a good first week but has been silent since then.
DM83

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 12:56:41 AM »

We all pretty much agree.......we need some quality receivers also.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 01:41:58 AM »

One bad game and our receivers suck.  Right.

We have a good group and decent depth.

But yes they struggled today and agree we miss Demski and Harris.

Our recievers our not as good as everyone thinks. Lawler average,  Demski good but injured, Bailey shouldn't be on the team, McKnight should take Bailey's spot.  Woli is under used  Adam's is our best. We need taller recievers.
Bailey is fine.  Lawler shows signs he could be very good. Huge over simplifying asking for taller receivers. 

Was Jefferson injured?
Mcknight playing because of injury, can't write him off this early.  Looks ok for backup, let him learn before crap on him.  Carter, terrible idea,.
Lets face it, having Demski and Harris out is like taking 70% of your offense away. The guys we have playing clearly aren?t capable of picking up the slack, especially in demski?s place, the dude is under appreciated. Olivera had a good first week but has been silent since then.
70%, nope way overstated.  Yes they both key parts but they don't get 70% of plays, not even close.  Last season everyone contributed, expect same this year.  Demski and Harris are almost impossible to replace as they are both exceptional vets with specific skills and special gifts.
We all pretty much agree.......we need some quality receivers also.
Nah, we have good group that will continue to grow and develop.  Good mix of Canadians, Americans, vets and prospects.
Ardarius Stewart. I was so excited to see him play. Unfortunate about the injury. Same with Cam Merideth (injured since like day 1 of TC and released earlier this week)
Big early season setbacks

And yes give Toronto credit, they out played and out coached us and are a good club.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 01:54:38 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pigskin

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 02:32:13 AM »

Stewart is practicing now so you mite get to see him soon.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 09:14:17 AM »

Bailey isn't great, but he's fine.  He made a clutch 2nd down grab before garbage time.  2 drops make him look worse than he is, but even Adams had more drops than that.

Don't forget, Bailey had a TD, beauty where he called his own play to Zach when he knew he beat coverage.  2 TDs in 2 weeks... that's not a garbage receiver.

McKnight actually looked very good in his limited action.  Breaking tackles and getting YAC on every touch.  But silent later, probably means couldn't get open; rookies never get the slick routes right away.

Adams is fine.  He's not Rogers, he doesn't climb the ladder to 11 feet like Rogers.  No way he makes that catch anytime in his career.  That's fine though, he's great at what he does.  He's awesome at beating the one defender after catch to go get the TD.

Lawler had a bad day.  He'll fix that.  I guarantee it.

Hey, what's the common aspect here: Zach.  He was pressed all night and later on he was really zipping those balls!  He was also not on target sometimes, especially in H1.  Quite a few were just behind rather than just in front of crossers.  Those were dropped.

That said, Zach stayed composed and almost pulled off a comeback in garbage time.  But the D was too gassed.  Should have onside kicked even though it's against the book.  That D wasn't going to stop a JV team late in the 4th.

Never go full Rider!
DM83

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 01:50:57 PM »

You sound like a cheerleader.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 06:24:16 PM »

Bailey isn't great, but he's fine.  He made a clutch 2nd down grab before garbage time.  2 drops make him look worse than he is, but even Adams had more drops than that.

Don't forget, Bailey had a TD, beauty where he called his own play to Zach when he knew he beat coverage.  2 TDs in 2 weeks... that's not a garbage receiver.

McKnight actually looked very good in his limited action.  Breaking tackles and getting YAC on every touch.  But silent later, probably means couldn't get open; rookies never get the slick routes right away.

Adams is fine.  He's not Rogers, he doesn't climb the ladder to 11 feet like Rogers.  No way he makes that catch anytime in his career.  That's fine though, he's great at what he does.  He's awesome at beating the one defender after catch to go get the TD.

Lawler had a bad day.  He'll fix that.  I guarantee it.

Hey, what's the common aspect here: Zach.  He was pressed all night and later on he was really zipping those balls!  He was also not on target sometimes, especially in H1.  Quite a few were just behind rather than just in front of crossers.  Those were dropped.

That said, Zach stayed composed and almost pulled off a comeback in garbage time.  But the D was too gassed.  Should have onside kicked even though it's against the book.  That D wasn't going to stop a JV team late in the 4th.

Agree with all buy onside kick.  We sent the house and could have caused a turn over, it didn't work and we got beat bad, happens.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
ichabod_crane

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 06:46:59 PM »

Was Jefferson injured?

Duron Carter? AH NO THANKS! Wink Talented, but he has been through many teams in the CFL for a reason.
Pigskin

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2021, 06:49:59 PM »

Duron Carter? AH NO THANKS! Wink Talented, but he has been through many teams in the CFL for a reason.

I agree, I couldn't see MOS putting up with his crap. NFL cutting down to 80 players on August 24, 53 players on August 31.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 07:35:54 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: