Canada Life Centre - Fully Vaccinated

Started by Ridermania, August 11, 2021, 09:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridermania

True North Sports + Entertainment would like to confirm that our entertainment venues will be selling to full capacity, and that we will require all employees, event staff, and guests to provide proof of full vaccination. The majority of our season seat holders have shared with us that having a proof of COVID-19 vaccination policy for Canada Life Centre and Burton Cummings Theatre is important to them.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gobombersgo

Q: Will I need to wear a mask to attend Winnipeg Jets games for the 2021-22 season?

A: Based on current fan feedback, you will be required to wear a mask to attend games and events. Please refer back to this page for future updates.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 11, 2021, 10:32:27 PM
Q: Will I need to wear a mask to attend Winnipeg Jets games for the 2021-22 season?

A: Based on current fan feedback, you will be required to wear a mask to attend games and events. Please refer back to this page for future updates.

Great news.

GOLDMEMBER

this sucks
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Can they legally force their employees to get vaccinated or let go of the ones who refuse to do so?

pjrocksmb

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 12, 2021, 10:28:42 AM
this sucks
Yeah I hate being alive too

theaardvark

Outdoor venue (IG Field) no mask in stands, but still in concourse or washrooms ("indoors").  Indoor facilities (all True North venues) require masks.

Makes sense, no?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on August 12, 2021, 02:15:56 PM
Can they legally force their employees to get vaccinated or let go of the ones who refuse to do so?

The Feds are now requiring it, so I assume anyone else can too.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on August 12, 2021, 02:15:56 PM

Employment is not guaranteed for anyone.  You cannot discriminate against someone, sure, but this is not discrimination.  It will be literally a job requirement, like getting a tetanus shot if you work construction, or take a first aid course if you are a camp counselor...

If you choose not to comply, your employer cannot dismiss you on the spot, but can easily give you the required notice, depending on your tenure, two weeks at a minimum...

Sucks, sure, but there is literally no reason not to get vaccinated.  And every reason to get the jabs.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Jesse on August 13, 2021, 06:33:39 PM
The Feds are now requiring it, so I assume anyone else can too.

There's no clear law regarding mandating vaccinations. If someone wants to they can take their employer to court but most legal scholars say the employee would most likely lose the case.

theaardvark

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 13, 2021, 11:54:13 PM
There's no clear law regarding mandating vaccinations. If someone wants to they can take their employer to court but most legal scholars say the employee would most likely lose the case.

Again, employment is at the discretion of the employer, not the employed.  Workplace safety is an issue.  The employer just has to demonstrate that unvaccinated workers are an undue hazard, and they will be justified in dismissal.  But barring that, ANY employee can be dismissed at the employer's discretion with appropriate notice, or pay in lieu of notice.  Sure, you can sue for wrongful termination if you have proof you were discriminated against without cause, but vaccine refusal without medical grounds, I really don't think that's a winner in court.

pjrocksmb

Mandate vaccines everywhere unless special health issue

pjrocksmb

theaardvark

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 31, 2021, 02:47:18 AM
My group gave up our Jets seasons

That's too bad.  Wonder if there are any of the 75+% of the double vaccinated population of Winnipeg who might be interested in buying them... oh wait... yup.

Its kinda crazy that people who fought and waited so long for an NHL team, and to get tickets for that team, are willing to give them up over getting a couple of jabs... jabs that can actually save your life. 

I guess not all those sheeples who yell out "True North" during the anthem love their team...