Blue Bombers Forum
July 02, 2022, 04:54:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unvaccinated Bomber fans can go to Bomber games! (with a catch)  (Read 1787 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: July 26, 2021, 08:14:59 AM »

It just dawned on me that unvaccinated Bomber fans can indeed go to live Bomber games!  You just need to drive to Regina, Calgary or Edmonton when WPG is playing there!   Cheesy Cheesy

Those cities have zero covid restrictions at their stadiums.  All are welcome and if you don't like the risk, don't go.

I was in CGY and EDM 3 weeks ago for business and, I know Manitobans won't believe this, but life was 95% normal there.  Only 5% or less wearing masks, mostly store employees; oh and plexiglass blockers are still up.  Malls were packed, WestEd water park was packed.  Hotels packed.  Restaurants packed.  No distancing anywhere.  And not one person mentioned covid or vax to me, not once, out of hundreds of encounters.  The CFL games there will be the same, I'm sure.

And if you go west to see a game, all 100% legal.  All you have to do is do your 14 day "self isolation" when you return to Manitoba, as you would with any other inter-provincial travel.

It's actually quite sad that if you are unvaccinated you have to give your Bomber money to another CFL club to watch your team.  It's sad that while IGF bans you, McMahon, Commonwealth and (gasp) Mosaic welcomes you with open arms!  But that's the way it is, for now.

And don't flame the messenger, I'm just trying to help the unvaccinated uberfans.  Notice the drop-off of many longtime and much-loved names on this forum... the situation is alienating a lot of fans.  Here's a glimmer of hope, at least.

Never go full Rider!
Stretch

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 10:31:38 AM »

I was in CGY and EDM 3 weeks ago for business and, I know Manitobans won't believe this, but life was 95% normal there.  Only 5% or less wearing masks, mostly store employees; oh and plexiglass blockers are still up.  Malls were packed, WestEd water park was packed.  Hotels packed.  Restaurants packed.  No distancing anywhere.  And not one person mentioned covid or vax to me, not once, out of hundreds of encounters.

How were the hospitals?  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Ridermania

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 11:30:37 AM »

Canadian hospitals are crowded with unvaccinated people.
TBURGESS

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 01:11:05 PM »

I live in Calgary. Way more than 5% of people are still wearing masks.

Stampede had 528K instead of 1.25 Million people this year. Now Covid cases are rising again. 98% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated people.

If you're unvaccinated, please don't come here. We don't want you.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 01:23:27 PM »

Canadian hospitals are crowded with unvaccinated people.

Don't let facts get in the way of the resident genius's deluded narratives and nonsensical anecdotes.

Just because Alabamberta is being reckless and ignorant about reopening doesn't mean MB should follow suit and embrace the idea that life is back to normal and the pandemic is over. But if you want to embrace such falsehoods, go live there and don't return.

And if you want to be a decent, respectful, considerate member of society, do your part - instead of crying about "freedom" and "rights" as though your individual privilege comes before the greater good of everyone.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »

OK  that is good info to know about attending games outside of IGF...the rest is more COVID-19 related and we have a topic for that in the other section...I am going to lock this one.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: