Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2021, 10:07:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who was better?
Roberts - 5 (23.8%)
Harris - 13 (61.9%)
To early to call it - 1 (4.8%)
Tie - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who was better?  (Read 910 times)
ichabod_crane

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2021, 09:10:47 PM »

Jay Washington was the most dependable, followed by Willard Reeves.
Andrew would get my vote  as  All time best.

Blink sold out his teammates and was a huge "l" player.
He was so awesome, definitely the best player ever who smoked and never worked out.

His own man for sure.
What's he doin today?

Willard reaves was a major load in his couple years with the bombers. Even Harris does not compare to how Willard could break tackles. He had some wheels in his younger years too. He holds the second most rushing yards in a season with the bombers and that was in 16
Game schedule in 1984! Robert Mimbs is the all time single season rushing leader In 1991, but that was an 18 game schedule and only 36 more yards than Willard.

If I recall correctly Willard ripped off a few 200+ yard games In 1984 if not close to. A big reason Winnipeg won the cup on 1984. Again he came through in the cold weather playoff games.

Defence won the 1988 cup, beasts of the east in 1990 although that eastern final won that year was too close for comfort. Kennerd?s FG for the game winner with no time on the clock In Winnipeg at the old dump which I was at! Believe Tom burgess did a scramble for the last minute field goal yardage position and Burgess was no major scrambler. Totally caught the Argos by surprise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willard_Reaves
Foxhound

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2021, 11:45:01 PM »

After just over a year posts are moved to the "archives".  Not sure if it is a space related reason or just general "housekeeping".  There are posts back to 2007 in there.

So then the question becomes one of how does a poster go about finding and re-activating a thread from the Archives?

Huh
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 11:46:48 PM by Foxhound » Logged

Radically Canadian!

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2021, 12:24:38 AM »

So then the question becomes one of how does a poster go about finding and re-activating a thread from the Archives?

Huh

You don't...if you really need something I could look for it...typically most threads are very stale / or not relevant after over a year
Foxhound

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2021, 06:05:20 PM »

Please re-activate the Poll I posted pitting about twenty Bomber RBs including Fritzie Hanson and Charlie Shepard up against each other. Many posters probably haven't seen it.

Smiley

Radically Canadian!

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2021, 08:42:28 PM »

The Zipp found and re-activated the thread in question.  The link is below...

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=50486.0

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: