Blue Bombers Forum
December 03, 2021, 05:46:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: August 5! Who's going to be there!  (Read 5670 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2021, 12:23:32 AM »

We hit the two weeks after final shot on July 4 - applied for the cards that day and just got them almost 3 weeks to the day after that. 

Looking forward to being at the game but will admit to some anxiety over being in a crowd again..won't be upset if the seats behind me are empty - the idea of someone breathing and screaming behind me isn't sitting that well right now.  Hopefully that will change over time...plan is to mask up everywhere but my seat.  Personally I have no issues wearing a mask at stores and in public.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2021, 12:14:35 PM »

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will finally get to unveil their 2019 Grey Cup championship banner next week.

The football club will hold its banner unveiling prior to the team?s home opener on August 5 at IG Field.

In a Grey Cup rematch game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, it will be the first bout of CFL action to take place since the 107th Grey Cup in Calgary on November
?It has been a long 20 months waiting to be able to celebrate with our fans, which will make Thursday night that much more memorable,? said Wade Miller, Winnipeg Blue Bombers president and CEO.

?Our staff has worked extremely hard to get to this point and we can?t wait to unveil our championship banner with a full stadium in attendance.?

Fully vaccinated fans are encouraged to arrive early and be in their seats for the 7:30 p.m. banner unveiling. The gates will open 90 minutes before kickoff.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2021, 02:51:32 PM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Unveil Grey Cup Banner August 5th

WINNIPEG, MB., July 27, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will unveil the 2019 Grey Cup championship banner at IG Field on Thursday, August 5th when the team plays plays host to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in a 2019 Grey Cup rematch - the first CFL action to take place since the 107th Grey Cup in Calgary on November 24, 2019.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early to make sure they are in their seats for the 7:30 p.m. banner unveiling. The gates will open 90 minutes before kickoff, with pre-game party specials from 6:00-7:00 p.m. including $5.00 355ml cans of Molson Coors and Molson Coors Light, $3.00 fountain drinks, and a live performance by the new Blue Bombers House Band lead by Jennifer Hanson.

"It has been a long 20 months waiting to be able to celebrate with our fans, which will make Thursday night that much more memorable," said Winnipeg Blue Bombers President & CEO, Wade Miller. "Our staff has worked extremely hard to get to this point and we can't wait to unveil our championship banner with a full stadium in attendance."

Fans still interested in purchasing 2021 season tickets or mini plans can do so here, saving up to 40% on regular individual game prices. As per Manitoba Public Health orders, all attendees must present a Manitoba Immunization Card (physical or digital card) and photo ID to enter the facility. Single game tickets can also be purchased online or by calling 1-204-784-7448.

A full list of 2021 stadium protocols can be found here.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2021, 04:32:54 PM »

@DarrinBauming
1h
I am told the team fully expects IG Field to be sold out for Aug 5. #Bombers #TiCats @BonfireSportsTV

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2021, 05:15:28 PM »

Yahoo! So does the official tailgate party area outside the stadium open 90 minutes prior as well, or just the main gates?

Want to make sure we are there at the earliest possible second to take it all in.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2021, 08:57:28 PM »

Yahoo! So does the official tailgate party area outside the stadium open 90 minutes prior as well, or just the main gates?

Want to make sure we are there at the earliest possible second to take it all in.

There is no tailgate party outside the stadium this year. The band will be playing inside the stadium.

Due to no tailgate party and the extra check in points it provided I expect long lines to get into the IG Field.

We are supposed to have assigned gates to enter based on seat location. The team should start communicating that info to the fans so that things run as smoothly as possible.

blue_or_die

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2021, 05:25:38 PM »

There is no tailgate party outside the stadium this year. The band will be playing inside the stadium.

Due to no tailgate party and the extra check in points it provided I expect long lines to get into the IG Field.

We are supposed to have assigned gates to enter based on seat location. The team should start communicating that info to the fans so that things run as smoothly as possible.

Oh ok, thanks. I read about the "no tailgating" thing where the specify the parking lots but wasn't sure about the official one that the Bomber hold just outside the stadium. Definitely assumed that the band would play there given the logistics of set-up and take-down within the stadium. Thanks for clarifying.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: