Blue Bombers Forum
August 12, 2022, 04:12:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "We believe that we're as physical or the most-physical team in the league"  (Read 3373 times)
NewBlue

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 04:03:42 PM »

I'm the least sure of just about everything for the 2021 season. lol  But this is pretty much just standard ratio stuff.

The 7 Canadian starters is a fixed number although we'll see various Canadians players rotate in and out. 

Hansen could develop into a starter in 2022 if we lose one of Jefferson or Jeffcoat.

Kongbo could also become a starter by 2022 but he's defined as a National so he'd be a ratio buster.

Each of those players is potentially a free agent at the end of 2021 so who knows how that plays out.

Ya, I'm pumped to see what Kongbo can do this year, and who better to learn from than Willie & Jeffcoat?

With Nevis gone, who has the inside track on DT? 
NewBlue

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 04:06:23 PM »

And for the title of the thread, football was meant to be physical....I need to give a shoutout to the Oline as well, which IMO set the identity of physical for this team.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 07:13:22 PM »

I don't think ratio breaker applies. Global players can only replace imports so they are essentially a variant of a DI. Realistically a Global player becomes DI # 5.

That's a great way to put it.  In fact, I'd go one further and label the GLOB as "the free DI".  If you can find a GLOB that's better than a rotational NAT then it's almost like having another free American.  That's why having a GLOB K/P is ideal.  And I'm still gung ho on having GLOB 2 or GLOB 3 be the backup QB... free, dressed, insurance (except in 2021 with the switch to only 1 GLOB).

And for the title of the thread, football was meant to be physical....I need to give a shoutout to the Oline as well, which IMO set the identity of physical for this team.

No doubt.  Those guys manhandled the TiCats in the GC.  Physical is their middle name.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 09:30:50 PM »

The game has always and will always been won in the trenches and we are stacked!  Need to stay healthy and keep finding fresh meat for the lines

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: