Blue Bombers Forum
September 28, 2021, 02:51:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who makes 2021 AR?
N. Hallett - 8 (21.1%)
B. O'Leary-Orange - 6 (15.8%)
M. Liegghio - 9 (23.7%)
N. Dheilly - 3 (7.9%)
R. Kramdi - 5 (13.2%)
R.Lowes - 2 (5.3%)
K. Borsa - 5 (13.2%)
S. Weekes - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian draft choices:  (Read 872 times)
Blue In BC

« on: May 21, 2021, 01:53:53 PM »

I've listed the draft choices coming to TC as far as I know. Who do you think are most likely to make the AR roster? Obviously a few will be kept on either DR, PR or IR.  Not enough room for everyone immediately.

Feel free to explain your choices if you want but it's not really necessary this early. It's just something to think about. A guessing game so to speak.

I've allowed 5 votes as the maximum.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 03:29:05 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TBURGESS

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 04:42:27 PM »

I can't vote because I don't know enough about any of them.

I usually watch all the Vids and look up their stats and the level of competition they played against and so on, but I haven't been motivated to do that in the last 2 years. Maybe I'll get more motivated once I training camp actually starts. If I feel that way after 50+ years of being an uber-fan, I imagine the average fan isn't feeling any more excited than I am, which is really bad for the CFL(/XFL).

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pigskin

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 04:58:42 PM »

Well Liegghio should be a shoe in, if Med's does not resign some time this summer.

Hallet and Kramdi, are goes to be in a dog fight for team position.

O'Leary-Orange should take Pete's spot as our backup N. Receiver.

Lowes could be a teams player or PR as a backup N. LB.

Dheilly is a guy I am really interested in.

Borsa is a longshot unless we unload JA27 for a N. Safety or D. or one of our talented RB's turns into a receiver.

Weeks will have to have an excellent camp to make this team.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 05:24:10 PM »

Well Liegghio should be a shoe in, if Med's does not resign some time this summer.

Hallet and Kramdi, are goes to be in a dog fight for team position.

O'Leary-Orange should take Pete's spot as our backup N. Receiver.

Lowes could be a teams player or PR as a backup N. LB.

Dheilly is a guy I am really interested in.

Borsa is a longshot unless we unload JA27 for a N. Safety or D. or one of our talented RB's turns into a receiver.

Weeks will have to have an excellent camp to make this team.

I'm pretty much in agreement. Oops I forgot to include LB Cadwallander in the choices.

I'm not anticipating Medlock back unless Liegghio shows poorly. Ratio, SMS, retirement and long term future all come into play.

Even if we continue with an import at safety ( expected ) the two DB's look to be excellent ST players. Gone from 2019: D. Jones, Hecht and Exume which suggests spots / room for a couple of ST DB demons.

Dheilly might be a near necessity to back up Thomas. I didn't pick him but realized that at the time. That had more to do with only expecting room for 4 new bodies on the roster.

However now that I think about it, 5 seems more probable. I didn't take into account that Liegghio is really taking a roster " spot " that was a DI.

However the roster is a fixed number and a 4th DI will be added. In addition, 1 new global player takes away what would have been a Canadian roster spot.

It's nice to have what appear to be solid choices at many positions. Things will be interesting in TC.  There aren't any veterans I think will be beat out per se. So how we add new bodies is going to be a challenge.

Somebody being traded is not out of the question I suppose.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TecnoGenius

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »

I'm not anticipating Medlock back unless Liegghio shows poorly. Ratio, SMS, retirement and long term future all come into play.

But the crux of the "MOS Methodology" is to have a sure-thing long-range kicker.  It's clear his plan is to get us within the 47 yard line and then play it somewhat safe to ensure we get the 3.  Just look at the 2019 GC... 6 FGs (should have been 7).  And the before-halftime long-ranger in frozen CGY WSF.

We can't stay with that philosophy if we get a "green" kicker who almost certainly won't be "money" on the 48-55 yarders.

I think it will be a huge upset to the paradigm if we don't have Medlock back.

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 09:44:38 PM »

Life after Meds. was and is inevitable. The same goes for AH33. Leggs will be just fine. He is one of the best to kickers to ever play in the CIS. All is good in Bomber Land.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 12:56:38 AM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Tee42

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 12:40:15 AM »

I believe Liegghio is the best choice for long term replacement for Meds. Hope the fans are understanding here.  We all want the Grey Cup team back but players retire and you have to think to the future.
Having said that. Every team  is in the same situation.  Players have retired, the new players coming in to fill in, it will be a refresh of the CFL for all teams.  I can?t wait to see what happens this year, and what the CFL|/XFL merger looks like. We need to ensure that all the rookies for two draft years get a fair shot. 
The US has had an advantage over Canadian players. Because they have played an extra season and are able to train because they are not in lockdown. Canadian talent is good, but we have been at a disadvantage because of the lockdowns. The timing of this whole thing has been so unfortunate.

Good luck to all Canadians attending training camp. Let?s hope that owners  and provinces agree to starting even though there may be restrictions on the amount of fans in in the stands. We need to move forward. Hope everybody agrees and we can see CFL back on the field for 2021. Vaccines and other sports playing are a positive.
Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2021, 02:34:54 AM »

But the crux of the "MOS Methodology" is to have a sure-thing long-range kicker.  It's clear his plan is to get us within the 47 yard line and then play it somewhat safe to ensure we get the 3.  Just look at the 2019 GC... 6 FGs (should have been 7).  And the before-halftime long-ranger in frozen CGY WSF.

We can't stay with that philosophy if we get a "green" kicker who almost certainly won't be "money" on the 48-55 yarders.

I think it will be a huge upset to the paradigm if we don't have Medlock back.

Game plans and strategies change every time rosters change. Happens every year. Players are released, move in free agency and scouting brings in replacements.

I'd probably bet money either Medlock has decided to move on to retirement, the Bombers have decided to move on, or both.

The 2021 season is a spending to the floor and there is a significant difference in SMS between the two kickers.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: