Blue Bombers Forum
June 17, 2021, 10:40:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Grey Cup Replay  (Read 1077 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: May 07, 2021, 03:53:21 AM »

The 107th CFL Grey Cup game will be replayed on TSN>2 tomorrow May 7th (Friday) night at 7 ET | 6 CT.
The championship game was originally played on November 24, 2019 when the Hamilton Tiger-Cats clashed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at McMahon Stadium in Calgary.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Stretch

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 10:46:42 AM »

I like our chances.  Wink

But seriously, when I watch game replays I always take note of "what if" moments that could have changed the result. A few from this game:

- What if Andrew Harris got flagged for (sort of) head butting Simoni Lawrence (Q1)?
- What if Hamilton had enough guys on the field for Medlock's missed FG and Banks decided to run it out?
- What if Mike Jones (the Hamilton one) had held on to that long pass?
- What if Andrew Harris didn't recover his fumble at the end of his long run in Q4?

Fortunately we don't have to worry about it.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
GCn19

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »

But seriously, when I watch game replays I always take note of "what if" moments that could have changed the result. A few from this game:

- What if Andrew Harris got flagged for (sort of) head butting Simoni Lawrence (Q1)?
- What if Hamilton had enough guys on the field for Medlock's missed FG and Banks decided to run it out?
- What if Andrew Harris didn't recover his fumble at the end of his long run in Q4?

Fortunately we don't have to worry about it.

What ifs work both ways so they are a kind of pointless exercise. Literally every football game ever played comes down to a series of what ifs that worked out for the winner and not so much for the loser.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Stretch

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 02:16:03 PM »

What ifs work both ways so they are a kind of pointless exercise. Literally every football game ever played comes down to a series of what ifs that worked out for the winner and not so much for the loser.

Thanks Dad. I understand that.  Smiley

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 02:26:58 PM »

The 107th CFL Grey Cup game will be replayed on TSN>2 tomorrow May 7th (Friday) night at 7 ET | 6 CT.

Thanks!  My HD PVR copy got hosed by BlueSky, and while I still have the original in SD, and now the HD utoob release, I really want to have the original, uncut, with panel and halftime, back on full HD PVR.  So I hope this version is the "full" version!  However, I see they "creatively" named the show, so it might just be an edited version like utoob.

Even if they have to cut the halftime show for royalty reasons, I hope they keep the full panel airtime on there.

Never go full Rider!
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 02:50:41 PM »

As if that was almost 18 months ago...

What a performance! Still can't believe it sometimes when I look back on it. Grin

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 02:53:31 PM »

Don't listen to the poo-pooers.  "What ifs" and "what about this unnoticed play" are the things of deep thinkers.  It's funny how those who don't want to expend a tiny amount of brain energy are so quick to shoot you down to ensure you don't either.

To your excellent points:

1. They hadn't flagged anything all post-season, so they weren't going to start with AH's quarter-headbutt.  In the WDF there were 2 egregiously blatant dangerous horsecollars and the refs just shrugged it off.  If they had flagged it, MOS would have cleaned things up and AH would have been even more fired up to perform on-field.

2. It was a long FG so we must have known it could be missed.  We must have had the "fast" FG team on.  50/50 we stop Banks in that scenario.  If you watch the 2 gunners, they are in good position to corral Banks when he gives up the single.  If Banks scores, it might put momo on HAM's side.  Since this was early in the game, it might have mattered the most of all your scenarios.

3. Jones still would be down at the 2 or 3 I think if he makes that catch.  I bet we stuff them at the goal line!  It would have been epic.  And if they score, it makes things a bit more interesting, but we were owning them on all phases, so I doubt it changes the outcome.  It might have made the game into a GC great instead of the (from neutral fan perspective) bore fest.

4. AH fumble was deep in HAM zone.  Doubt it changes anything if we fumble.  We probably strip it again and get it back still on the HAM side.  Might it have cost AH the MVP??  I think the 17+ yd run was what clinched it.  If he fumbles, and Willie gets 1 more strip... maybe MVP goes to Willie?

How about some from me?

A. What if Adams makes that 1st down catch right before halftime that goes in for TD or down at the 1 or 2?  We score there and HAM has no morale after halftime.  We might win 45 to whatever.  (P.S. That was all his hands, he should have made that catch, something wrong with Adams' hands in '19.  Routes, blocks & body catch, he's great; hands: he screwed up all post-season.)

B. What if Orlondo takes the FG instead of the 2nd 3rd & 1?  If the morale was deflated at that point, it was downright dead after they blow 3rd & 1 for the 2nd time.  If he takes the FG, maybe they maintain some self-respect and mount a bit of a comeback?

C. What if the refs properly call the cutback block that got them their only TD?  HAM might not get a TD the entire game.  That would be epic.  P.S. Has absolutely nothing to do with being a screen Suits, see my thread about this at the time.

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 03:08:25 PM »

Still have the game on my PVR, any time I need a little lift, I give it a watch.  Not sure why, but it is as exciting to watch every time...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 06:42:30 PM »

Don't listen to the poo-pooers.  "What ifs" and "what about this unnoticed play" are the things of deep thinkers.  It's funny how those who don't want to expend a tiny amount of brain energy are so quick to shoot you down to ensure you don't either.

Cheesy

This explains so much..

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 02:25:46 AM »

Can't help but get excited every time I see the 107th.  Never gets old.  We need CFL football and we need our Blue Bombers on the field again.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ichabod_crane

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 06:48:43 PM »

I was at the 2019 Grey Cup game. The moment the Bombers intercepted Hamilton on their very first drive I felt the game was already over then. I could just see how the team was super pumped and they were not going to be denied. They just steam rolled from that point on despite what the score showed in the first half. Then when Brandon Banks got injured, Hamilton basically folded. Bomber's D-line was on a rampage all game. The twin "towers" at DE demolished Hamilton's o-line constantly.

The only thing I did not like was they would not let fans on the field afterwards. 29 years and they deny us this? Should have been organized somehow as I understand the danger to allowing fans on the field.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 07:12:10 PM »

The only thing I did not like was they would not let fans on the field afterwards. 29 years and they deny us this? Should have been organized somehow as I understand the danger to allowing fans on the field.

I'm pretty sure it's for safety/security reasons to not let fans onto the playing surface after any game when players, coaches, officials, etc. are still present immediately after the game has ended.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 06:28:18 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's for safety/security reasons to not let fans onto the playing surface after any game when players, coaches, officials, etc. are still present immediately after the game has ended.

I understand that and made mention to it in my prior post, but you would think
They could have  organized something to allow the bomber fans on some part of the field though.
Kind of deflating to hang out at the front on the stands only. 
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #13 on: Today at 05:55:26 PM »

I've watched this game and the playoff run around 30 times in the last 18 months.

Still not old haha

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: