Blue Bombers Forum
June 25, 2021, 09:31:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: May 4 CFL Draft (Blue Bomber Picks)  (Read 1992 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: May 03, 2021, 05:39:08 PM »

The CFL Draft kicks off Tuesday night at 6 p.m. CT on TSN1 and TSN3 (TSN4 will join at 6:30 p.m. CT) as all nine CFL teams zero in on the country's top amateur talent.

Blue Bomber selections can be discussed in this thread.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:59:05 PM »

Bombers select at:

Round 1 number 3 - Liam Dobson OL

Round 2 number 16 - Redha Kramdi - DB

Round 3 number 21 - Patrice Rene - DB

Round 4 number 34 - Robbie Lowes - LB

Round 5 number 39 - Kyle Borsa - RB

Round 6 number 48 - Shae Weekes - DB

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:24:42 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 11:12:14 PM »

Huge dude. Even if he loses weight he's going to be an inside guy who specializes in the run game.
Ridermania

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 12:34:24 AM »

I liked the Dobson pick, where are all the Bomber fans???
GCn19

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 01:32:24 AM »

Dobson is a Sukh Chungh clone. Nasty OL. Makes no sense to me though..we didnt need Nat OL

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 01:37:02 AM »

3 DB's, 1 LB, 1 OL and an RB?  This is a weird draft for sure, looks like good value all the way through, and future...  ST help right away...

Dobson is a Sukh Chungh clone. Nasty OL. Makes no sense to me though..we didnt need Nat OL

He's not playing here this year... then maybe not next if he gets an NFL sniff... but if he ever does come north, he is a beast... can dunk at 344 lbs...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
the paw

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 02:24:01 AM »

I get that we needed some depth at DB, but it seems odd to pick 3 of them when we pick no receivers, and our depth there is equally shaky.

We could have taken Terrell Jana in the second, and still had our pick of the two DBs in the third. SMH.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:34:01 AM by the paw » Logged

grab grass 'n growl
Pigskin

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 02:29:19 AM »

As I have said a number of times, I wasn't sure the Bomber where going to pick a player for right now with our #3 pick. However I didn't expect an OL, I was think a D player like Amen or Joseph.

I would have like to have seen a DL, but I am very happy with Kramdi and Rene. Rene is another future pick but he is tall, just need to fill out.  

Borsa is an interesting pick. 6' 200lbs. 4.38/40.

Weekes is a Manitoba kid that is a pretty solid player.

Lowes have no idea.

Jets
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 02:42:09 AM »

Was hoping for Diallo in the first, and then he dropped to us at the end of round 2 and we still passed on him... odd choice. 
Seems we're going to be starting a Canadian in the secondary with both Hallets and now Kramdi & Rene coming to camp as high picks.  Hopefully management doesn't just see them all as special teams depth, cause that could've been addressed in the later rounds. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 12:56:41 PM »

I am surprised we took an OL with our 1st pick and that he's a " future " option. OTOH, it defers a 1st round draft choice salary with the effort for reducing the SMS this season.

It also reduces the number of draft choices coming to TC when you combine the 2020 draft choices. Two of our choices won't be available for 2021. So I see the logic in that.

I knew we needed some bodies at DB and 2 will be available for TC 2021.

That said, Jana was available at receiver and he was on my mind as a good option.

All in all I wonder if this means we may be looking at a Canadian starting at safety?

I'm not unhappy with the picks but somewhat surprised in the direction of the choices.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:59:22 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 01:21:04 PM »

I get that we needed some depth at DB, but it seems odd to pick 3 of them when we pick no receivers, and our depth there is equally shaky.

We could have taken Terrell Jana in the second, and still had our pick of the two DBs in the third. SMH.

I agree with you, but I have my reservations as to whether Jana can make the transition to the pros. He is slow. Great route runner, hands and smarts but a 4.75/40 sets off alarm bells to me.

GCn19

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 01:22:32 PM »

I am surprised we took an OL with our 1st pick and that he's a " future " option. OTOH, it defers a 1st round draft choice salary with the effort for reducing the SMS this season.

It also reduces the number of draft choices coming to TC when you combine the 2020 draft choices. Two of our choices won't be available for 2021. So I see the logic in that.

I knew we needed some bodies at DB and 2 will be available for TC 2021.

That said, Jana was available at receiver and he was on my mind as a good option.

All in all I wonder if this means we may be looking at a Canadian starting at safety?

I'm not unhappy with the picks but somewhat surprised in the direction of the choices.

I would think we would love to start a NAT at S. Don't know if this crop cements that though.

GCn19

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 01:23:35 PM »

3 DB's, 1 LB, 1 OL and an RB?  This is a weird draft for sure, looks like good value all the way through, and future...  ST help right away...

He's not playing here this year... then maybe not next if he gets an NFL sniff... but if he ever does come north, he is a beast... can dunk at 344 lbs...

Dunking a basketball is neat but really means absolutely nothing to his value as a football player. I have mixed feeling any time we draft a futures guy that early. Andy Mulumba still weighs heavily on my mind when we do that. It did work out with Gray though.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:28:47 PM by GCn19 » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 01:25:26 PM »

As I have said a number of times, I wasn't sure the Bomber where going to pick a player for right now with our #3 pick. However I didn't expect an OL, I was think a D player like Amen or Joseph.

I would have like to have seen a DL, but I am very happy with Kramdi and Rene. Rene is another future pick but he is tall, just need to fill out.  

Borsa is an interesting pick. 6' 200lbs. 4.38/40.

Weekes is a Manitoba kid that is a pretty solid player.

Lowes have no idea.

Borsa was my favorite pick in the draft. I know we have Augustine and Oliveira already but I like the commitment to finding our next Andrew Harris.

Blue In BC

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 01:42:36 PM »

I would think we would love to start a NAT at S. Don't know if this crop cements that though.

Yes but I also don't see 4 Canadian DB's on the AR either. Adding the 2nd Global player takes away a roster spot on the AR 44. Roster: 22 imports, 2 Global and 20 Canadians on the AR 44

We have a long list of import DB's that suggests an all import secondary more probable at the moment. Some of those players look impressive.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:46:57 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: