Blue Bombers Forum
June 12, 2021, 08:37:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The CFL finally Broke my Mind.  (Read 767 times)
the paw

« on: May 01, 2021, 03:17:31 PM »

For the first time in my entire life, I have had a dream that directly involved the CFL.

It starts off with me in a hotel lobby.  Not clear what city, but there is some sort of football event going on, a draft, collective bargaining, executive meetings or something.  There are some generic NFL players present in the lobby.  There are also some CFL player and team executive types, wearing club jackets of some kind, but the specific team is not clear. 

There is an executive, powerfully built, who resembles a young Wally Buono or perhaps Ralph Sazio.  At some point, this executive starts cutting up, and ends up standing in the lobby wearing his club jacket and a pair of tighty-whitey gotch.  One of the CFL players goes up and heatedly tells him to stop being such a prong. 

The executive tells him to get bent, and the player makes the mistake of laying hands on the executive. The executive unleashes a flurry of punches directly to the face, his hands are like lightning.  Like Sugar Ray Robinson back in the day.  The player goes down hard.

As players start pulling them apart, I step forward and sarcastically thank them, for when they write the final chapter of the story of the CFL, I will be mentioned as a witness.  This is the point where I wake up.

I may be slow in replying to this thread, as I am seeking immediate psychiatric care.....

grab grass 'n growl
GCn19

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 03:48:19 PM »

For the first time in my entire life, I have had a dream that directly involved the CFL.

It starts off with me in a hotel lobby.  Not clear what city, but there is some sort of football event going on, a draft, collective bargaining, executive meetings or something.  There are some generic NFL players present in the lobby.  There are also some CFL player and team executive types, wearing club jackets of some kind, but the specific team is not clear. 

There is an executive, powerfully built, who resembles a young Wally Buono or perhaps Ralph Sazio.  At some point, this executive starts cutting up, and ends up standing in the lobby wearing his club jacket and a pair of tighty-whitey gotch.  One of the CFL players goes up and heatedly tells him to stop being such a prong. 

The executive tells him to get bent, and the player makes the mistake of laying hands on the executive. The executive unleashes a flurry of punches directly to the face, his hands are like lightning.  Like Sugar Ray Robinson back in the day.  The player goes down hard.

As players start pulling them apart, I step forward and sarcastically thank them, for when they write the final chapter of the story of the CFL, I will be mentioned as a witness.  This is the point where I wake up.

I may be slow in replying to this thread, as I am seeking immediate psychiatric care.....

I sympathize with you. Had the Bombers not won the GC in 2019 and we had the drought going on right now I might have been losing my crap right now.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 11:49:07 PM »

Looks like you are suffering from "CFL withdrawal syndrome"....  We need the CFL back immediately!!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 09:19:59 AM »

Ah, don't worry about it.  Pretty tame relative to my dream world!  Strange, I had a CFL dream just a couple of hours ago too: meeting my dad at the old stadium, but it wasn't the old stadium, it was a cross between the old one, and the old arena, and the U of W with those big pipes going up the side of M building.

But I guess we'll know whose side you'll take in owners vs CFLPA!!  Grin Cheesy Grin

P.S. Reminds me of (SCTV again); maybe you need the services of Dr Raoul!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edN1h_9R5Qw

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »

I sympathize with you. Had the Bombers not won the GC in 2019 and we had the drought going on right now I might have been losing my crap right now.

As the HAM players and fans must be... and maybe the Saskies, as they were moving up the championship ladder too.  The big CFL losers from covid were/are HAM, as they were going to the cup again in 2020.  Of course, we probably would have beaten them again  Wink Cheesy

Never go full Rider!
Waffler

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 10:18:33 AM »

I've had many dreams I played for the Bombers. The first one I had, Ron Lancaster threw a pass that hit me in the numbers, I dropped it. He came back with the same play right after and I made the intercept that time.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

Jump to: