Blue Bombers Forum
June 12, 2021, 06:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's AH33's friend in civvies on the sideline?  (Read 895 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: April 28, 2021, 06:04:16 AM »

It's killing me... many games, especially the post-season, there's a dude standing on the sidelines in grey bomber civvies.  With a man-bun.  AH33 always seems to go up to him when he's on the sidelines.  They seem tight.

I don't recognize the guy.  At all.  I'm guessing it's a player, PR or IR, but for the life of me I can't place his face.  Maybe it's something else, like AH's trainer?  Do guys like that stand on the sidelines?

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone knows who it is.  I'm sure you've all seen him in the broadcasts.  If needed, I can make up a screencap pic to post.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:37:21 PM by TecnoGenius » Logged

Never go full Rider!
Stretch

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 10:29:16 AM »

Without even looking, willing to bet it's Brady Oliveira.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 06:03:11 AM »

That's what I thought too, and he does celebrate with Brady a lot, but I think this is another guy.  He has a little half-goatee thing going on on his chin.  Brady goes for the 5-oclock-shadow look.

I dug up a pic, so maybe that will help.  I'll attach a link to this post.  And I may have been wrong about the man-bun; well, at least in this pic he has his hoodie up so I can't tell.  I know Brady does the man-bun thing, so forgive me if this guy doesn't.

Aside:
Does Brady get a GC ring in his rookie year?  And with 0 stats except 2 GP?  I think he was IR at the end and thus he should, right?  It's like hitting the lottery.  I hope we get to see him do great things on the field in the future.

https://fsi.ca/tec/harrisbuddy.jpg
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:06:14 AM by TecnoGenius » Logged

Never go full Rider!
Stretch

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 10:36:42 AM »

If you look closely at that picture, that guy has 47 on his sweatshirt. A three second Google search will tell you it's Jordan Robinson - he was a practice roster RB.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:44:48 PM by Stretch » Logged

Stretch

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 12:51:27 PM »

Aside:
Does Brady get a GC ring in his rookie year?  And with 0 stats except 2 GP?  I think he was IR at the end and thus he should, right?  It's like hitting the lottery.  I hope we get to see him do great things on the field in the future.

Yes (courtesy of another 3 second Google search): https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/08/07/first-10-grey-cup-rings/ Scroll down about halfway through the article.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 01:36:33 PM »

I bow down to your google-fu!

Yes, that indeed is the guy.  Jordan Robinson.  Looks like he started 2019 in EDM?  Why did we sign a PR IMP RB in '19?  Weird.  I don't remember the announcement on the forum...

I guess he really clicked with AH as they often were together on the sidelines.

Thanks once again!

Now... there's another smaller guy who was often on the sidelines with crutches... I wonder who that was  Wink Wink Cheesy

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 01:39:02 PM »

Looks like we traded Robinson to the <insert completely inoffensive EDM team name here> in Jan 2020 for neglist rights.  What a strange trade.  They probably could have just waited and snapped him up after release.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 07:31:05 AM »

If you look closely at that picture, that guy has 47 on his sweatshirt.

And I never knew Bomber civvies had player numbers on them!  Seriously, that's weird.

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 03:16:26 PM »

When your doing as much laundry as a professional team does, having clothing numbered makes life much easier for the equipment manager.

Ridermania

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 04:40:11 PM »

Must be a real slow CFL day for a posting like this!

Hope all my Bomber counterparts are well.
Pigskin

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 05:23:23 PM »

Tecno needed something football related to talk about. lol
TecnoGenius

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 08:03:40 AM »

Must be a real slow CFL day for a posting like this!

Hope all my Bomber counterparts are well.

Slow CFL year two years!  Maybe Bomber laundry will be the most exciting CFL action we ever see again...

Tecno needed something football related to talk about. lol

Nailed it!  I'll talk about AH's underwear if I have to.  On the 800th watch of the post-season, you start to notice a whole bunch of trivia that starts driving you insane.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: