NFL Wants to Play Regular Season Games in Canada in 2022

Started by ModAdmin, April 24, 2021, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The NFL wants to play regular season games in Canada as soon as 2022.

Commissioner Roger Goodell has called Canada 'a very important market' and his words were backed by the expanded 17-game regular season schedule. The increased inventory of games will ensure that beginning next year, up to four neutral-site games could be scheduled outside the United States - Canada was the first country listed by the NFL.

According to oddsmakers at Bodog Canada, there's a better chance than not Goodell and his league put football in a Canadian venue in 2022. The major question: what city will host the next regular season NFL game in Canada?

Six major cities have been listed by Bodog Canada.

Vancouver
Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

https://3downnation.com/2021/04/24/mp-kevin-waugh-wants-to-take-billions-of-betting-dollars-away-from-organized-criminals-offshores/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mp-kevin-waugh-wants-to-take-billions-of-betting-dollars-away-from-organized-criminals-offshores
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

iso_55

I guess the NFL didn't like our field. Whatever happened with the promoter of the Packer/ Raiders game at IG Field suing everyone he could & then being counter sued???

Pigskin

Quote from: ModAdmin on April 24, 2021, 07:40:16 PM
The NFL wants to play regular season games in Canada as soon as 2022.

Commissioner Roger Goodell has called Canada 'a very important market' and his words were backed by the expanded 17-game regular season schedule. The increased inventory of games will ensure that beginning next year, up to four neutral-site games could be scheduled outside the United States - Canada was the first country listed by the NFL.

According to oddsmakers at Bodog Canada, there's a better chance than not Goodell and his league put football in a Canadian venue in 2022. The major question: what city will host the next regular season NFL game in Canada?

Six major cities have been listed by Bodog Canada.

Vancouver
Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

https://3downnation.com/2021/04/24/mp-kevin-waugh-wants-to-take-billions-of-betting-dollars-away-from-organized-criminals-offshores/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mp-kevin-waugh-wants-to-take-billions-of-betting-dollars-away-from-organized-criminals-offshores

Has the NHL been to Calgary's stadium?? The place is a dump. Montreal unless they use the O, and Ottawa are both pretty small for the NFL.

Now I could see games in Toronto, Edmonton, and Vancouver.

As someone that goes to 3-4 Vikings games a year i would travel to one of the above cities to see NFL games.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

If there's a Bengals game in Canada, I'd make it work.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Other than BC place or Skydome, I can't see any field hosting an NFL game.  The gate is too small.  CGY or EDM have teh capacity, but will people pay $500+ for THOSE seats?  To make the $$$ work, IG or Mosaic would be $1000 tickets...

Pipe dreams... maybe the CFL is getting too much traction, and the NFL is trying to remind CFL fans that their game is the real game... I'd tell them, unless there is a cross promotion agreement, we don't need their Jets/Texans game...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Yeah, this is seems like a dumb idea. That pre-season game here back in 2019, the first NFL game in Canada in six years, was such a raving success. Oh, wait...
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

I like the idea of being able to see an NFL game live here in Vancouver. OTOH, it would be absurd to pay highway robbery pricing.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 24, 2021, 05:36:20 PM
I like the idea of being able to see an NFL game live here in Vancouver. OTOH, it would be absurd to pay highway robbery pricing.

You know what NFL tickets go for in the US... they will be at least double here... especially for a real game.  Cheap tickets will be $200... top tickets $500+ 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on November 24, 2021, 10:31:56 PM
You know what NFL tickets go for in the US... they will be at least double here... especially for a real game.  Cheap tickets will be $200... top tickets $500+ 

So, like the Grey Cup or somewhat like the an outdoor NHL game, otherwise known as a rare, one off type thing.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!