Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2022, 06:17:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 83903 times)
bomb squad

« Reply #630 on: December 30, 2021, 06:43:57 AM »

I think the numbers are far higher, far, far higher, but we will never know because the unvaxxed are not getting tested, and just the sheer volume of people wanting tests being turned away, or tests not getting completed can't confirm more than a few thousand a day...

Do we need to lock down?  Yes.  Do we need to limit malls / retail / recreation?  Yes.  For a limited time. 

And, we need to create a repurposed health care facility dedicated to COVID cases only.  Staffed with vaxxed and boosted staff, keeping the infected away from compromised people, both in ICU's and hospitals.

Staff the new facility with the quick trained ICU nurses who can handle the specific treatments ICU COVID cases needs.  Am I the only one that sees this is an easy fix, with an simple and elegant solution?  Hospitals not having to deal with COVID in any way can operate as normal.  Cancer patients can attend treatment without fear.  People can get hip replacements, and other surgeries that are being postponed. 

Victoria General, or Seven Oaks..  easily switched.  Remote from other facilities, and have the infrastructure ready to go. 

Were I in charge, that would be job one for me.  Isolate the problem. 

I wonder if we've reached the point where the spread rate is so high that a "recreational" type of lockdown is virtually ineffective. Or even a more restrictive lockdown for that matter. Is it worth it? Can we even slow this down? The vast majority of us are double vaccinated and will be tripled in a few weeks. Many of those healthy, young and older. Is it time to just let people make their own choices? We are at a crossroads here as a society.
theaardvark

« Reply #631 on: December 30, 2021, 02:02:39 PM »

I wonder if we've reached the point where the spread rate is so high that a "recreational" type of lockdown is virtually ineffective. Or even a more restrictive lockdown for that matter. Is it worth it? Can we even slow this down? The vast majority of us are double vaccinated and will be tripled in a few weeks. Many of those healthy, young and older. Is it time to just let people make their own choices? We are at a crossroads here as a society.

It comes down to how bad Omicron spread affects ICU's, and if we have treatments as well that mitigate bad outcomes (Monoclonal Antibodies, Antiviral Pills) and keep ICU beds from filling beyond capacity.  If we can't keep up, other provinces will be in the same boat, and we won't be able to export patients. 

Any kind of lockdown to deal with that will be a week late, obviously.  A "circuit breaker" total lockdown will work, the question will be, will we do it fast and deep enough. 

Returning to retail store limits, one person shopping, essentials only, essential travel only, no dine in, no entertainment venues at any level.  Make it a finite timeframe (one week should suffice with total compliance), with big fines and reward on completion, and keep border/travel lockdown in place for non-essentials for a month after...

Australia, NZ, even China have been very aggressive at lockdowns, with great results.  We have given our provincial PC's grief about how they have done both too much and too little.  I agree they haven't done the best job, but they have been doing a job.  And the opposition hasn't been really holding their feet to the fire, except after the fact. 

I think there are pathways through this, but I don't think any of them will work.  Because we cannot get full buy in from all sides.  As much as one side will lockdown, the other will hold rallies, eat at their restaurants, and have church services. Which will frustrate those following the guidelines. 

Using testing alone to get out is not going to work, the world is killing for rapid tests, and infrastructure isn't there for increasing PCR 10fold, which would be the minimum to try and address the current situation. 

Spread is happening before symptoms, so isolating symptomatics without contact tracing is closing the gate after horses are gone. 

There is no 100% way out, and like many situations in society, the best answer is going to be people making sacrifices voluntarily, and hoping we have enough good people to weather the storm. 

Mask up, with good masks.

Limit shopping and trips.

Get the shots.

Isolate.  Especially if symptomatic.  And the symptoms are no longer loss of taste/smell (which would mean all Riders fans Wink )   

Overall, the symptoms for COVID reported by the CDC include:

Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #632 on: December 30, 2021, 05:52:27 PM »

1123 cases today (with an ongoing backlog), 3 more deaths.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Pigskin

« Reply #633 on: December 30, 2021, 06:37:20 PM »

1123 new cases to in Manitoba with 3 more deaths.

764 of these cases are in Winnipeg.

190 now in hospital, 29 in ICU with 25 active cases.

5049 new cases in Manitoba since Christmas Day.

2967 cases linked to schools, that 591 more then reported on December 23rd.

Just got word, not going back to school till January 31. Online again.

85% 1 dose, 78.4% 2 doses, 22.2% 3rd dose.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 06:51:10 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pigskin

« Reply #634 on: December 31, 2021, 06:08:19 PM »

1494 new cases today on the last day of 2021. With 5 more deaths.

860 of these new cases are in Winnipeg.

192 people in Hospital, 30 of those in the ICU.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 06:11:01 PM by Pigskin » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #635 on: December 31, 2021, 07:08:15 PM »

Most new cases will be "Winnipeg" because that's who is getting tested. 

Great stat so far is still only 30 in ICU... 192 in Hospital is concerning, especially since many go on to ICU...

These numbers are not going to go down for a while... if ever...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #636 on: January 03, 2022, 05:57:27 PM »

Manitoba recording 5411 new cases since Dec. 31, and 6 more deaths.

Currently 15,318 active cases in Manitoba.

32 in ICU, 30 active cases.

Over 103,000 people in hospital in the US.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:34:06 AM by Pigskin » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #637 on: January 03, 2022, 08:38:59 PM »

1700+ today...  hospital beds up 44% this week, but ICU beds not increasing... which is great news if that trend holds.  It does mean that we will get crushed on just regular hospital beds, though...

Pigskin

« Reply #638 on: January 04, 2022, 07:22:43 PM »

1757 new cases today, with 2 more deaths. 1350 of these cases are in Winnipeg.

251 in hospital, 32 in ICU, with 30 active cases.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 07:26:05 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Pigskin

« Reply #639 on: January 05, 2022, 05:53:58 PM »

1790 new cases in Manitoba with 2 more deaths.

252 in Hospital and 30, now in the ICU.

There currently 18,844 active cases.

The province completed 4822 lab tests yesterday, and 1,299,234 since Feb. 2020.

For the public schools remote learning for a week, probably not long enough.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 11:04:58 PM by Pigskin » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #640 on: January 05, 2022, 08:51:00 PM »

I don't think we will be seeing more than 2000 cases a week, becasue of the limits of testing...

Bartley Kives@bkives

Effective immediately, CBC?s #COVID19 coverage will focus first on hospitalizations and secondly in case counts.

Case counts are no longer accurate and are also not the most important measure of the pandemic?s impact.

This is something we've needed to prioritize fro a while... well done CBC and Kives.

Bartley Kives@bkives

Manitoba announced a one-patient increase in the number of #COVID19 hospitalizations and 2 more deaths on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022.

Manitoba #COVID19 patients in hospital: 252 (up 1)

In ICU: 30 (down 2)

Total patients in ICU (COVID and non-COVID): 92 (down 2)

High case numbers, but not reflected in hospital numbers.... yet.

Pigskin

« Reply #641 on: January 06, 2022, 06:26:43 PM »

2548 new cases in Manitoba today, with 6 more deaths. 11 more in Hospital. 33 now in the ICU.

Winnipeg has 1503 of the 2548 cases in Manitoba.

There are now 21,277 active cases in Manitoba. 14,340 active cases in Winnipeg.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 06:33:20 PM by Pigskin » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #642 on: January 06, 2022, 07:08:09 PM »

2548 new cases in Manitoba today, with 6 more deaths. 11 more in Hospital. 33 now in the ICU.

Winnipeg has 1503 of the 2548 cases in Manitoba.

There are now 21,277 active cases in Manitoba. 14,340 active cases in Winnipeg.

Those number are far lower than actuals... there are more home tests being done than pcr tests, and no one is tracing those results as far as I know...

Again, the key numbers are hospitalizations... and ICU beds... and those still are not showing the dramatic rise we see in "cases". thank goodness.

Tiger

« Reply #643 on: January 07, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »

Again, the key numbers are hospitalizations... and ICU beds... and those still are not showing the dramatic rise we see in "cases". thank goodness.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #644 on: January 07, 2022, 06:15:55 PM »

Hospitalizations are trending upwards along with case numbers. 31 more today, so "thank goodness" ain't it.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: