Blue Bombers Forum
December 09, 2022, 05:09:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 103006 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #465 on: September 28, 2021, 07:44:10 PM »

Only 42 new cases in Manitoba today. 16 in Winnipeg, and 17 in the Southern Region. 2 more deaths.

Covid test locations in Winnipeg are experiencing long line ups.

All patients in the ICU that are being treated for active Covid have NOT been vaccinated.

Sask had 398 new cases yesterday. 29% of those cases are children under 11.

Long testing lineups due to the fact it is cold and flu season.  And while students might not be COVID vectors at present, they definitely transmit rhinoviruses that people worry about having similar symptoms to COVID...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #466 on: September 28, 2021, 11:21:57 PM »

Some Sask. nursing homes require the 15 minute quick test before entering there buildings, even if your vaccinated.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 03:46:01 AM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2021, 02:17:15 PM »

Some Sask. nursing homes require the 15 minute quick test before entering there buildings, even if your vaccinated.

Have to protect the vulnerable, even if THEY are vaccinated... good move, we should do the same.  Third doses should be mandatory for all nursing home residents and workers... we have plenty of vaccine, no reason not to have suspenders AND a belt..

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2021, 10:12:10 PM »

114 new cases today in Manitoba. All 14 patients in the ICU are not fully vaccinated. The 10 top communities for Covid are in the Southern or Northern regions.

theaardvark

« Reply #469 on: September 30, 2021, 04:06:54 PM »

114 new cases, most in the south, with just a fraction of the populaton.

I don't have exact numbers, but I'm sure if someone crunched them, we'd see that the actual number (not percentage) of unvaccinated people in the south is similar to in Winnipeg, yet cases are higher.  Clear example of herd immunity at work, in the south, just about everyone you meet is a risk, and protocols are far from stringently followed. 

hey need to lockdown / red alert the south... not that any will follow the directives, but just the threat might spike vaccine uptake. 

Again, still not understanding how you can have a religious objection to vaccine, yet accept medical intervention when you get sick.  The prevention is far less intrusive and invasive than the treatment is. 

People being treated for a preventable disease should be charged for their health care.  Doesn't have to be 100% of the care (you do not want to know what a long term ICU bed costs per day) but at least a substantial part of that.  THAT is a deterrent that can work.

Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #470 on: September 30, 2021, 06:03:05 PM »

Well the number breakdown is: 44 in the Southern Region, 25 in Winnipeg, 21 in the North, 16 in the Prairie Mountain Region. So the North really isn't doing that well either. 

Vaccination in Winkler around 41%. Vaccination in Stanley, less then 25%.

There are 20 people in the ICU right now, 10 are from the Southern Region.

The number just don't lie.

Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #471 on: September 30, 2021, 10:07:08 PM »

Alberta bring in nurse's and the military to help with there 20,000 active cases, and over 1000 in hospital.

Alberta had 1706 new cases today and they have over 300 in the ICU.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 03:10:32 AM by Pigskin » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #472 on: October 01, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »

Hey, Southern region... this is for you...

https://globalnews.ca/news/8236133/new-manitoba-covid-19-health-orders-target-unvaccinated-southern-health-district/

Under the new rules indoor household gatherings will be limited to guests from one other household when any unvaccinated person who is eligible for the shots is on the property.

Households will also be limited to 10 guests outdoors when an unvaccinated person who is eligible is present.

Indoor public gatherings that include eligible but unvaccinated people will be capped at 25 people or 25 per cent capacity, although there will be a one-week grace period for weddings and funerals.

Across the province, outdoor public gatherings will be capped at 50 people. But large, gated events that require proof of vaccination like Winnipeg Blue Bomber games and concerts will be allowed to go ahead as planned, officials said.

Indoor faith-based gatherings that decide to include eligible but unvaccinated people will be limited to 25 people or 33 per cent capacity under the new orders.

And finally the orders will see retail capacity reduced to 50 per cent in the Southern Health region, where vaccination rates are lower than the rest of the province.

He warned future changes may include requiring those eligible to be vaccinated to provide proof of vaccination to take part in indoor recreational activities.

The moves announced Friday are needed to protect health-care capacity as the province moves into the fourth wave of the pandemic, Roussin added.

He said COVID-19 hospitalizations have jumped 26 per cent in the past week with ICUs seeing a 17 per cent increase in admissions connected to the virus.
In a further effort to protect ICU capacity, health officials announced new patient protocols Friday that could see lower-acuity patients moved to facilities in other parts of the province where bed space is available.

?Patients admitted to a hospital or health-care facility for care will be assessed for their individual care requirements and may be transferred to the most appropriate facility in Manitoba with the capacity to meet their needs,? a release from the province explains.

Jesse

« Reply #473 on: October 01, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »

https://globalnews.ca/news/8236133/new-manitoba-covid-19-health-orders-target-unvaccinated-southern-health-district/

Under the new rules indoor household gatherings will be limited to guests from one other household when any unvaccinated person who is eligible for the shots is on the property.

Households will also be limited to 10 guests outdoors when an unvaccinated person who is eligible is present.

Indoor public gatherings that include eligible but unvaccinated people will be capped at 25 people or 25 per cent capacity, although there will be a one-week grace period for weddings and funerals.

Across the province, outdoor public gatherings will be capped at 50 people. But large, gated events that require proof of vaccination like Winnipeg Blue Bomber games and concerts will be allowed to go ahead as planned, officials said.

Indoor faith-based gatherings that decide to include eligible but unvaccinated people will be limited to 25 people or 33 per cent capacity under the new orders.

And finally the orders will see retail capacity reduced to 50 per cent in the Southern Health region, where vaccination rates are lower than the rest of the province.

He warned future changes may include requiring those eligible to be vaccinated to provide proof of vaccination to take part in indoor recreational activities.

The moves announced Friday are needed to protect health-care capacity as the province moves into the fourth wave of the pandemic, Roussin added.

He said COVID-19 hospitalizations have jumped 26 per cent in the past week with ICUs seeing a 17 per cent increase in admissions connected to the virus.
In a further effort to protect ICU capacity, health officials announced new patient protocols Friday that could see lower-acuity patients moved to facilities in other parts of the province where bed space is available.

?Patients admitted to a hospital or health-care facility for care will be assessed for their individual care requirements and may be transferred to the most appropriate facility in Manitoba with the capacity to meet their needs,? a release from the province explains.

All of these rule changes for private residences are next to impossible to enforce and aren't going to curb behaviour at all.

Kind of a waste of breath.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #474 on: October 01, 2021, 05:42:48 PM »

Totally agree with what you are says, but you are preaching to the choir. There is probably only a very small percentage on this board that have not be fully vaccinated. Most of the people in the Southern Region who are not vaccinated probably don't even know what a football is. It's very frustrating but that is not a lot we can do. My wife has cancelled at least 20 surgeries last month dues to the fact people didn't get vaccinated.

blue_or_die

« Reply #475 on: October 01, 2021, 06:40:40 PM »

The people they are trying to affect are the exact same people who never changed any of their lifestyle or behaviour at any point in the last 18 months and will continue to be that way, unfortunately.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #476 on: October 01, 2021, 07:26:59 PM »

The fact that the rule is in place allows for inspectors to raid and fine people.  Not a fun position to be in, or get into, but once it happens a few times, you can bet attitudes will change.  And in cases where there are some vaccinated people attending, yo can bet they will stop unvaccinated people from joining, possibly pressuring those people to get vaccinated...

Reducing "Faith based" gatherings is a direct hit... I still am waiting for any faith to explain why COVID vaccine is against God, yet every other vaccine that came before was welcomed... 

"Indoor faith-based gatherings that decide to include eligible but unvaccinated people will be limited to 25 people or 33 per cent capacity under the new orders."

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #477 on: October 01, 2021, 08:45:59 PM »

These news rule will help but agree need strict enforcement and we don't have the resources to do that

Hope it get a few more to get their jabs

I hope to get a booster in January

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
theaardvark

« Reply #478 on: October 01, 2021, 09:04:42 PM »

New in...

https://canadianmennonite.org/noexemptions

Mennonite Church Canada?s executive ministers released a statement earlier this week responding to inquiries from constituents regarding exemption from COVID-19 vaccines.

The message, signed by Doug Klassen (Mennonite Church Canada), Garry Janzen (MC B.C.), Tim Wiebe-Neufeld (MC Alberta), Ryan Siemens (MC Saskatchewan), Michael Pahl (MC Manitoba) and Leah Reesor-Keller (MC Eastern Canada), states the following:

?For a religious exemption to be granted, rationale for exemption must be clearly indicated within our sacred texts or confessional statements.

?We wish to clarify that there is nothing in the Bible, in our historic confessions of faith, in our theology or in our ecclesiology that justifies granting a religious exemption from vaccinations against COVID-19.

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #479 on: October 02, 2021, 12:16:01 AM »

New in...

https://canadianmennonite.org/noexemptions

Mennonite Church Canada?s executive ministers released a statement earlier this week responding to inquiries from constituents regarding exemption from COVID-19 vaccines.

The message, signed by Doug Klassen (Mennonite Church Canada), Garry Janzen (MC B.C.), Tim Wiebe-Neufeld (MC Alberta), Ryan Siemens (MC Saskatchewan), Michael Pahl (MC Manitoba) and Leah Reesor-Keller (MC Eastern Canada), states the following:

?For a religious exemption to be granted, rationale for exemption must be clearly indicated within our sacred texts or confessional statements.

?We wish to clarify that there is nothing in the Bible, in our historic confessions of faith, in our theology or in our ecclesiology that justifies granting a religious exemption from vaccinations against COVID-19.
Nice

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61
  Print  

Jump to: