Blue Bombers Forum
September 19, 2021, 01:04:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 13341 times)
Tiger

« Reply #300 on: July 23, 2021, 05:31:51 AM »

Went to a funeral in Small town Sask. on Wednesday and apparently masks are no longer required indoors. Definitely was an eye opener. We kept our masks on, but got some dirty looks and a lot of people tell us masks are no longer require in Sask.

There about 40 people at the funeral for a 49 year who died of Covid and there was only 6 people wearing masks. No masks just seemed a little strange.

Wacky

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Horseman

« Reply #301 on: July 23, 2021, 03:15:56 PM »

Some people don?t want to show papers.

I don?t want to miss another Bomber season. 

I don?t want to sit next to someone who is not vaccinated.

I do not want to get sick.

I do not want friends or family to get sick, transmit the disease or have it transmitted to them.

I do not want a super spreader event so the government stops allowing fans.

We are in a pandemic.  You have a choice: get vaccinated, wait for there to be herd immunity, or for the virus to dissipate.

This is a medical issue.  It is not politics.  It is not a constitutional issue because you have a choice and you are not being discriminated against because of an immutable charisteristic such as gender, ethnicity, etc.

While I am empathetic to those that cannot get a vaccine for medical reasons, immuno compromised, and hesitant for safety reasons for RNA vaccines, I am losing tolerance for others. Especially when someone comes on a Blue Bomber site and insults and states we are sheep. 

Push off. 

Nuff said.

The sound of a slow clap...Well said, bravo!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #302 on: July 23, 2021, 04:08:24 PM »

The title threat simply says ?who will be there?. I?m sick of everyone coming this thread spouting there opinions of vaccinations. That is not what the threat is about as per what the mods instructed

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #303 on: July 23, 2021, 04:52:28 PM »

41 new cases of Covid in Manitoba today, with 13 of those cases in Winnipeg and 19 cases in the Interlake. Winnipeg's TPR is now 2.1%. We also had 3 more deaths. 

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pigskin

« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2021, 06:43:05 PM »

Only 11 cases today in Manitoba. Winnipeg's TPR is now 1.8%. 79% with there first shot, 66% with both. Nice work Manitoba.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #305 on: July 26, 2021, 07:01:53 PM »

It's almost as if vaccination works.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2021, 12:16:03 AM »

Cases sure spiked up in Alberta over the last few days...sask will probably follow...
Pigskin

« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2021, 12:33:24 AM »

Cases sure spiked up in Alberta over the last few days...sask will probably follow...

Calgary Stampede?Huh 

US. is getting out of control again. CNN reporting at this rate the US will 60,000 a day in the fall.

BlueInCgy

« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2021, 12:42:49 PM »

Calgary Stampede?Huh 

Somebody had to be the guinea pig and test out the vaccine vs. high density events.  Personally I thought having the Stampede this year was dumb, or at least move it a little further out from the 75% first dose (or whatever the  number was) by a month, but like I said someone had to be the first.  I guess if we did the math and said unvaccinated TPIs was somewhere in the range of 10 - 12%, and we?re currently at a vaccination rate of 63% fully and 80% full dose, that you?d expect to see a TPI of somewhere between 2% and 4%, which is where it?s at/trending to. 

Which would seem to indicate that vaccines work only if you get them. Who?d have thunk it?

Reality is we?re going to see numbers go up as large public gatherings increase if vaccination rates don?t continue to climb, including CFL games.  And they?re not.  First doses have plateaued out and second doses are nearly caught up, which is unfortunate because the time to end this is the summer, not going through another winter.
Pigskin

« Reply #309 on: July 28, 2021, 01:07:22 AM »

Somebody had to be the guinea pig and test out the vaccine vs. high density events.  Personally I thought having the Stampede this year was dumb, or at least move it a little further out from the 75% first dose (or whatever the  number was) by a month, but like I said someone had to be the first.  I guess if we did the math and said unvaccinated TPIs was somewhere in the range of 10 - 12%, and we?re currently at a vaccination rate of 63% fully and 80% full dose, that you?d expect to see a TPI of somewhere between 2% and 4%, which is where it?s at/trending to. 

Which would seem to indicate that vaccines work only if you get them. Who?d have thunk it?

Reality is we?re going to see numbers go up as large public gatherings increase if vaccination rates don?t continue to climb, including CFL games.  And they?re not.  First doses have plateaued out and second doses are nearly caught up, which is unfortunate because the time to end this is the summer, not going through another winter.

To get into the Stampede did you have to be fully vaccinated for 14 days.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 03:13:28 AM by Pigskin » Logged

BlueInCgy

« Reply #310 on: July 28, 2021, 12:05:21 PM »

To get into the Stampede did you have to be fully vaccinated for 14 days.

No.

Report this morning is that there were 71 direct confirmed cases resulting from the Stampede.  Not putting a lot of faith in that number, but would great if true.
Pigskin

« Reply #311 on: July 28, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »

Manitoba had 26 new cases, and Winnipeg had 6 of those cases, and the Interlake had 15. Winnipeg's TPR is now 1.3%. There was also 3 deaths.

BlueInCgy

« Reply #312 on: July 28, 2021, 08:48:27 PM »

In unsurprising news, it looks like we?re going full cowboy in Alberta by mid August according to Hinshaw.  This will be interesting.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #313 on: July 29, 2021, 01:06:52 PM »

I sure hope Manitoba does not quickly follow Albertas plan that includes no isolation for people who test positive.  I can't see this ending well - I am not a DR though:

From dr deena hinshaw:
Starting Aug. 16, isolation won?t be universally req?d if you test + except in some high-risk settings. Testing will continue to be important but we will no longer recommend testing for mild symptoms. (10/14)
Pigskin

« Reply #314 on: July 29, 2021, 02:22:39 PM »

I sure hope Manitoba does not quickly follow Albertas plan that includes no isolation for people who test positive.  I can't see this ending well - I am not a DR though:

From dr deena hinshaw:
Starting Aug. 16, isolation won?t be universally req?d if you test + except in some high-risk settings. Testing will continue to be important but we will no longer recommend testing for mild symptoms. (10/14)

Not what you want to hear with BC and Alberta's number growing.

47 new cases in Manitoba today, with 13 in Winnipeg and 21 in the Interlake. Winnipeg has a TPR of 1.1%. and we had 2 deaths.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 07:22:05 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: