Blue Bombers Forum
July 04, 2022, 02:00:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 72545 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #840 on: May 20, 2022, 08:17:30 PM »

So, second booster availability just changed... so I'm gonna go in the next couple weeks to cover me for my Vegas trip... and RBC now has Novavax, a non-mRNA type of vaccine that is even more efficient against infection even against Omicron...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #841 on: May 20, 2022, 09:24:13 PM »

So, second booster availability just changed... so I'm gonna go in the next couple weeks to cover me for my Vegas trip... and RBC now has Novavax, a non-mRNA type of vaccine that is even more efficient against infection even against Omicron...

What are you going to do in a country where pretty much no one is wearing a mask???

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #842 on: May 20, 2022, 11:38:06 PM »

What are you going to do in a country where pretty much no one is wearing a mask???

Getting double boosted,  going for the WSOP, and keeping my fingers crossed...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #843 on: May 26, 2022, 07:40:12 PM »

Well everyone in our Manitoba family who is over 50 have now had there second booster shot.

Pigskin

« Reply #844 on: May 27, 2022, 03:05:44 PM »

Sounds like 25 more surgeries cancelled this week due to people having covid.

theaardvark

« Reply #845 on: May 27, 2022, 06:43:17 PM »

Sounds like 25 more surgeries cancelled this week due to people having covid.

Due to patients having COVID or staff?

I'd hope they have a waiting list of alternate patients ready to go...

Pigskin

« Reply #846 on: May 27, 2022, 07:43:41 PM »

Due to patients having COVID or staff?

I'd hope they have a waiting list of alternate patients ready to go...

Patients. ***** and complain about our back log and then go out and get covid a few days before your surgery.

Most of the surgery's where filled, however there were some that patients could make on short notice.

theaardvark

« Reply #847 on: May 27, 2022, 09:10:13 PM »

Patients. ***** and complain about our back log and then go out and get covid a few days before your surgery.

Most of the surgery's where filled, however there were some that patients could make on short notice.

Wondering if we need a wholesale modification of how/where patients are treated.  There should be many different varieties of hospitals.  Having vulnerable patients in the same hospital as carriers of pandemic viruses doesn't make a lot of sense.  I've always said that maternity departments in hospitals are probably 10x too big, they should be exclusively for high risk pregnancies, an there should be "Birthing centres" for 90% of deliveries.   Same with ortho surgery, should never be in a hospital where infections are rampant.  And then make an infectious disease hospital that is specifically designed to house and isolate infectious patients, designed to prevent spread.  A cardiac hospital, and separate emergency trauma departments.   

Lumping them all together makes no sense, even from a logistics perspective.  Bigger does not mean cheaper...  sometimes economies of scale make sense, other times, getting bigger incurs more expense.

Pretty sure most people don't "Go out and get COVID" a few days before their surgery.  I'd also bet that most that are rejected for having COVID on day of don't even know they are infected... asymptomatic infection is rampant.  And with the new variants, even symptomatic infection is mistaken for allergies, hangovers, or just a cold.  I find myself testing every few days now, at the slightest symptom. 

Pigskin

« Reply #848 on: May 28, 2022, 02:39:57 AM »

Wondering if we need a wholesale modification of how/where patients are treated.  There should be many different varieties of hospitals.  Having vulnerable patients in the same hospital as carriers of pandemic viruses doesn't make a lot of sense.  I've always said that maternity departments in hospitals are probably 10x too big, they should be exclusively for high risk pregnancies, an there should be "Birthing centres" for 90% of deliveries.   Same with ortho surgery, should never be in a hospital where infections are rampant.  And then make an infectious disease hospital that is specifically designed to house and isolate infectious patients, designed to prevent spread.  A cardiac hospital, and separate emergency trauma departments.   

Lumping them all together makes no sense, even from a logistics perspective.  Bigger does not mean cheaper...  sometimes economies of scale make sense, other times, getting bigger incurs more expense.

Pretty sure most people don't "Go out and get COVID" a few days before their surgery.  I'd also bet that most that are rejected for having COVID on day of don't even know they are infected... asymptomatic infection is rampant.  And with the new variants, even symptomatic infection is mistaken for allergies, hangovers, or just a cold.  I find myself testing every few days now, at the slightest symptom. 

Yes they don't go out and get covid on purpose, but there also not making there surgery a priority. If I had waited for 2 years to get a knee replacement, I would be on lock down 2 weeks before my surgery not at a 300 person wedding 10 days before my surgery.

theaardvark

« Reply #849 on: May 28, 2022, 02:51:39 AM »

Yes they don't go out and get covid on purpose, but there also not making there surgery a priority. If I had waited for 2 years to get a knee replacement, I would be on lock down 2 weeks before my surgery not at a 300 person wedding 10 days before my surgery.

100% agree, but to most people, COVID is over... so no risk in going to the Pony, or a wedding, or a Bomber game with zero mitigation going on (at least its outside)... 

Pigskin

« Reply #850 on: May 28, 2022, 02:55:54 AM »

100% agree, but to most people, COVID is over... so no risk in going to the Pony, or a wedding, or a Bomber game with zero mitigation going on (at least its outside)... 

The bad part for some of these people is they fall back about 3-6 months on the waiting list.

Pigskin

« Reply #851 on: May 29, 2022, 06:51:06 PM »

Well our Ukraine family is getting vaccinated later this afternoon. Inna (mother), has had one shot, the two children have not had a shot yet.

Pigskin

« Reply #852 on: May 30, 2022, 05:25:56 PM »

Well our Ukraine family is getting vaccinated later this afternoon. Inna (mother), has had one shot, the two children have not had a shot yet.

So everyone is felling a little rough today. Sore shoulders, headaches. Lot's of resting, no school work today. No English class tonight. 

Jesse

« Reply #853 on: May 31, 2022, 12:23:06 AM »

So everyone is felling a little rough today. Sore shoulders, headaches. Lot's of resting, no school work today. No English class tonight. 

Yeah, second one took me out for a day.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #854 on: May 31, 2022, 02:32:43 AM »

Yeah, second one took me out for a day.

When we told them that we have had 4 shots, they ask if the pain was the same every time. They were also surprised that there was no cost for the shots.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58
  Print  

Jump to: