Blue Bombers Forum
August 12, 2022, 11:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 82934 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #765 on: March 02, 2022, 03:26:06 PM »

Sounds like most restaurants are dropping vaccination proof requirements, not because they believe it is the right thing to do, but because they fear the blowback.  Not sure how strict TSNE was in their proof of vaccination efforts last night, from reports in the past, they were spotty at best, and now, while they have maintained they will require vaccine proof to appease STH's, I wonder if they actually are even as vigilant as the apparently were not previously.

Companies should not be put into this position.  Exposing customers and staff to dangers that are documented and real, for optics.  So that the party in power can appease a tiny portion of the province, which happens to be mostly in their base.  People cried out at Trudeau's draconian measures, well, if there is the opposite, I think we are in that zone now...

We need responsible measures, some sort of mitigation.  Create a framework where restaurants can make a designated "un-vaccinated" area of their establishments for those that prefer, much like smoking sections in the past.   Let those that wish to risk their health and safety enjoy their "freedoms" without putting concerned citizens at risk.  Give staff gloves and front line PPE level respirators masks and face shields to work in these higher risk areas. 

I am more worried about the mask mandate lift in two weeks.  This is a much more widespread and much more visible situation.  While anti-maskers have been fighting for the freedom not to wear a mask, I am fearful that those responsible citizen that choose to continue to mask (both for themselves and for others) will bear undue abuse, both in retail establishments (staff AND customers) and even moreso in restaurants. 

I truly hope (but do not expect) that the anti mask militants will not extend their rhetoric to trying to force people and businesses to change their desire to continue with the slightly inconvenient but proven mitigation that masks provide.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #766 on: March 02, 2022, 04:18:48 PM »

At the game last night they were still checking for proof of vaccination.

Personally I am okay with the lifting of the mandates. It's time to get going again. This will not change our lives one way or another. We will still wear a mask in public. As far as making decision that's something we have to do everyday. If you don't like an establishments rules just don't go there. I went to a UPS outlet this morning and the two ladies serving customers were not wearing masks. I guess I could have made a big seen, but I just turned around and went to another location.

All the tools have been put in place. Protect yourself and your family, let others worry about there health and safety.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #767 on: March 02, 2022, 04:35:43 PM »

What "reports in the past?" Social media claims or anecdotes don't count, BTW.

Attendees at Jets games have to present three things before entry: vaccination card, photo ID, ticket to game. The vaccination cards are scanned and verified against the photo ID. How does an employee with that task do a spotty or inconsistent job when they're parked at every door and entrance into the arena? Missing someone is certainly possible considering the traffic flow into the arena but I can't imagine that's even a remotely relevant number.

Establishments like restaurants and lounges can have whatever rules they want permitted they don't actually discriminate anyone in the protected class of the CHRA. Being unvaccinated is not a protected class and never will be, as much as the covidiots try and prattle on with that narrative and their ongoing persecution complex. Creating an 'unvaccinated section' to cater to a miniscule percentage of the population is not business savvy.

While masks won't be a requirement two weeks from now, I'd fully expect their usage to be encouraged while out in public. It's baffling to me how mask usage became a partisan issue here during the pandemic and it says a lot about those who equate mask usage to being muzzled or oppressed. Even more so if they decide to harass others for using them.

Considering the health care system is still struggling here, the province lifting public health orders is neither reasonable nor appropriately timed. But it's been well established the provincial gov't couldn't a rip about the safety of Manitobans nor keeping the health care system in decent order.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #768 on: March 03, 2022, 01:40:14 AM »

The University Of Manitoba still requires proof of vaccination until the end of the academic year.

Pigskin

« Reply #769 on: March 03, 2022, 06:02:39 PM »

Manitoba reporting 459 in Hospital, 29 in ICU, and 3 more covid related deaths.

theaardvark

« Reply #770 on: March 04, 2022, 11:31:17 PM »

So, a friend went to the Pal last weekend, and she and all her friends got the 'vid.   You'd think anyone at the Pal would have immune systems strong enough to prevent  infection, but alas, not the "superspreader" event the Pal is historically known for...

But yeah, lets drop vaccine protocols and masks...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #771 on: March 05, 2022, 05:14:33 AM »

So, a friend went to the Pal last weekend, and she and all her friends got the 'vid.   You'd think anyone at the Pal would have immune systems strong enough to prevent  infection, but alas, not the "superspreader" event the Pal is historically known for...

But yeah, lets drop vaccine protocols and masks...

Crappy. However they knew the risks they where taking. Just like we know the risks we are taking by attending Jets games. 

theaardvark

« Reply #772 on: March 05, 2022, 02:55:50 PM »

Crappy. However they knew the risks they where taking. Just like we know the risks we are taking by attending Jets games. 

Luckily, they were all triple vaxxed, and besides one ending up in bed for a few days (the youngest, oddly enough), and missing a week of work, none had serious immediate issues.  Have to see if any "long covid" becomes an issue.

The risks at a Jets game are much higher... many heart and mental health issues are added on top of the communicable disease risks.  Bad enough watching them stink from home, let alone pay hundreds of dollars to watch it in person... Wink

Pigskin

« Reply #773 on: March 05, 2022, 06:41:52 PM »

Mask mandates in Schools going to be dropped on March 15th. This should be interesting. Sounds like Ravenscourt going to keep them in place.

Pigskin

« Reply #774 on: March 05, 2022, 06:55:50 PM »

So it appears Swiss Chalet has moved out of Manitoba. Also Harvey's now only has one location left in Winnipeg. One of the owners telling me that Covid was just to much for them.

theaardvark

« Reply #775 on: March 05, 2022, 06:59:53 PM »

So it appears Swiss Chalet has moved out of Manitoba. Also Harvey's now only has one location left in Winnipeg. One of the owners telling me that Covid was just to much for them.

The chicken business is a tough one... Popeye's and Mary Brown's opened how many locations?  And every grocery store offering rotisserie chicken as good or better?  Even without COVID, Swiss Chalet was in tough.  Its too bad, they were a "good memory" spot, my Mom and my Mother in Law both loved it, and my wife gets nostalgic for it every now and then...

Pigskin

« Reply #776 on: March 07, 2022, 10:36:00 PM »

Numbers are up over the weekend. Friday there was 422 in Hospital, today 434. Friday there was 22 in ICU, today 27. We also had 10 more deaths over the weekend.

theaardvark

« Reply #777 on: March 08, 2022, 04:19:01 AM »

Numbers are up over the weekend. Friday there was 422 in Hospital, today 434. Friday there was 22 in ICU, today 27. We also had 10 more deaths over the weekend.

Perfect time to suspend all mitigation and eliminate isolation when testing positive...

I'll be wearing a mask for the coming months...

Pigskin

« Reply #778 on: March 10, 2022, 09:07:50 PM »

Manitoba reporting 424 in hospital, 22 in ICU, with 13 of those cases are active. There was also 5 deaths.

theaardvark

« Reply #779 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:30 PM »

My take (and fear) on masks, as of today.

I know a vast majority of Manitobans will continue to mask up where appropriate.
So mitigation will continue for the most part.
Anti-maskers will trumpet the fact that infections are not rising at the expected rate, because "COVID and masks were a hoax".
There will be some that actively and violently oppose mask wearing.
At least we are safe.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: