Blue Bombers Forum
August 20, 2022, 02:09:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 84223 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #720 on: February 12, 2022, 08:36:48 PM »

Are these "peaceful protesters" truly Canadian Truckers?  Of course not... want more proof?

https://www.kcrg.com/2022/02/10/man-accused-mistakenly-sending-bomb-threat-ottawa-ohio-police-department-amid-trucker-protests/?fbclid=IwAR0pJx6rJqaL2u5nyeQtbTr3jrYi4oWKeP7H1y9j22zvYj2LVxw-RE4QfVc

OTTAWA, Ohio (Gray News) - Charges are forthcoming for an Ohio man accused of sending bomb threats to police in Ottawa amid protests in Canada?s capital.

Police told WTVG the man got the name of the city right, but the location was off by about 600 miles.

Ottawa is the county seat for Putnam County in northwest Ohio. When the man, who has yet to be identified, used Google to find the number for police in Canada, Google gave him a number that was closer to home, investigators said.

?He wasn?t paying attention and just called the first number he found,? Putnam County Sheriff?s Office Captain Brad Brubaker said. ?He said he was mad about mask mandates.?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #721 on: February 14, 2022, 06:26:13 PM »

656 in Hospital, 40 in ICU with 26 active cases, and 17 more deaths over the weekend.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #722 on: February 14, 2022, 07:14:11 PM »

656 in Hospital, 40 in ICU with 26 active cases, and 17 more deaths over the weekend.

The number of deaths is very disconcerting... are we using the "Died with covid" stats vs. the "died from covid" stats? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #723 on: February 14, 2022, 07:57:23 PM »

The number of deaths is very disconcerting... are we using the "Died with covid" stats vs. the "died from covid" stats? 

From

Pigskin

« Reply #724 on: February 14, 2022, 09:38:46 PM »

The emergency act is now in play. This should clear up the borders.

blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #725 on: February 14, 2022, 09:47:16 PM »

The emergency act is now in play. This should clear up the borders.

Absolutely disgraceful it's had to come to this.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Pigskin

« Reply #726 on: February 15, 2022, 03:27:07 AM »

Absolutely disgraceful it's had to come to this.

More disgraceful that heather isn't going to us it to clear the border.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #727 on: February 15, 2022, 06:46:31 AM »

The border blockades including the one at Emerson are having a huge impact on the economy. Just wait until they release the next inflation numbers.

The Canadian economy was already having challenges now add hundreds of dollars to each truck load of goods that's crossing the border. Food and consumer goods prices are only going to go up from here.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:11:39 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

road griller

« Reply #728 on: February 15, 2022, 01:06:51 PM »

The provincial Cons are dead in the water and now it?s like they are not even trying.  They bow down to the south but they will always vote conservative anyway.  They need Winnipeg to win, not a very smart bunch.

Can't go wrong when you go long!
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #729 on: February 15, 2022, 01:35:12 PM »

Fortunately, she has no say in whether or not the feds use the act in this province.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
blue_or_die

« Reply #730 on: February 15, 2022, 06:23:42 PM »

PCR tests and quarantining at the border going after as of Feb 28. Essentially makes travel simple again (providing you're vaxxed and willing to mask up).

I have a feeling my work is about ready to plan a continental road trip for me...

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #731 on: February 15, 2022, 06:32:30 PM »

I have a trade show I used to attend every year in Orlando coming up in March... they just sent me an email saying its much safer in the trade show that anywhere in Orlando, not a great endorsement, but hey... they have a risk analysis company advising the infection rate expectation for the show is .1%.

I really like going to the show, it keeps me abreast of what it going on in the industry and is vital for making contacts, but do I need to *this year*?  Went in March 2020, just before everything shut down.  Went virtual last year, was a disaster, waste of time. 

It used to be a "mini vacation" as well, but I can't see myself partaking of touristy things right now...

Going to be a tough decision...  probably comes down to cost of travel.

bomb squad

« Reply #732 on: February 15, 2022, 06:47:58 PM »

The Manitoba website says deaths with Covid.

https://www.manitoba.ca/covid19/updates/index.html
theaardvark

« Reply #733 on: February 15, 2022, 08:33:44 PM »

The Manitoba website says deaths with Covid.

https://www.manitoba.ca/covid19/updates/index.html

First, I don't want to sound insensitive in distilling these unfortunate people and their families to numbers, but I'm trying to wrap my head around just where we are as a province in fighting this disease.

Sounds like they are using a metric that includes anyone who COVID contributes to the death, as there was one person removed from the deaths because they said that death was not COVID related.

This makes the number make more sense... 19 is a lot, but there were only one each in their 40's. 50's, and 60's.  The rest were 70+. We know that seniors, even vaxxed and boosted, are vulnerable because of underlying co-morbidities.  And it highlights that while the gov't feels that opening up is prudent, our at risk population is going to be being put at more risk now. 

I am saddened by these losses, and my heart goes out to those that lost family though this pandemic.  I hope that we can find a way to make these reductions in mitigation work while protecting our vulnerable. 

Still PO'd that anyone in the US can order RAT's from the gov't and have them mailed to them no charge, and here, you have to be symptomatic, and line up at a testing site to get some.  I'd love to have some on hand for my daughter in case she becomes symptomatic so that we can avoid stressing her out, and make sure that she can get the antiviral treatment that can be the difference between life and death for someone undergoing immune suppressing treatments.

blue_or_die

« Reply #734 on: February 15, 2022, 08:39:29 PM »

Still PO'd that anyone in the US can order RAT's from the gov't and have them mailed to them no charge, and here, you have to be symptomatic, and line up at a testing site to get some.  I'd love to have some on hand for my daughter in case she becomes symptomatic so that we can avoid stressing her out, and make sure that she can get the antiviral treatment that can be the difference between life and death for someone undergoing immune suppressing treatments.

FWIW, I went to a test site for a pack of rapid tests for a relative who was worried. I walked in, asked for a pack, they asked if I was symptomatic, I said yes (I wasn't), and they handed me a pack, no questions asked. I think you should do this too to ease your daughter's worry.

(And also, I agree it shouldn't "have to" come to that either, but getting these aren't as restricted as they're made out to be, is my point).

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: