Blue Bombers Forum
December 09, 2022, 05:39:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 103011 times)
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2021, 07:12:48 PM »

Calgary Stampeders have become the 6th of 9 CFL teams to require vaccines for attendance.

Only BC, Riders and Elks don?t have such requirements ? yet.

And the Riders have already reported cases linked to the Riders season opener.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Stats Junkie

Unofficial Blue Bombers Historian

« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2021, 07:55:32 PM »

Province of BC will require a single dose for sporting events as of September 13 with full vaccination required as of October 24. BC will be issuing a vaccine card - sounds like it will be done through an app.

Also heard on noon news that 87% of BC Lions have at least one dose.

@Stats_Junkie
DM83

« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2021, 07:59:12 PM »

Thanks for the info onBCs vax rate.
Someone ask Bob on the sports show tonight.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2021, 10:07:19 PM »

219 new cases in Sask. today. Only 57% of population vaccinated in Sask.

blue newt

« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2021, 03:10:09 AM »

Province of BC will require a single dose for sporting events as of September 13 with full vaccination required as of October 24. BC will be issuing a vaccine card - sounds like it will be done through an app.

Also heard on noon news that 87% of BC Lions have at least one dose.

Not sure about the BC thing.  I know the province announced vaccine restrictions for the province today, but that's for INDOOR ticketed concerts, theatre, dance, and sporting events.  As long as they leave the BC Place dome open, does it qualify?  There's been nothing I've seen on the BC Lions webpage or social media confirming or denying the rumours that they are included in the vaccine restrictions.  I hope they enforce it at Lions games, but it's still not clear if it will be.  My guess is that the team are also trying to clarify the rules with the health authority.
blue newt

« Reply #350 on: August 24, 2021, 03:23:10 AM »

Not sure about the BC thing.  I know the province announced vaccine restrictions for the province today, but that's for INDOOR ticketed concerts, theatre, dance, and sporting events.  As long as they leave the BC Place dome open, does it qualify?  There's been nothing I've seen on the BC Lions webpage or social media confirming or denying the rumours that they are included in the vaccine restrictions.  I hope they enforce it at Lions games, but it's still not clear if it will be.  My guess is that the team are also trying to clarify the rules with the health authority.

Okay, I'm going to be a dweeb and reply to myself   Cheesy

I looked into it a little further, and apparently, I wasn't the only one wondering if BC Place was considered an outdoor venue.  One of the local newspapers emailed the owners/operators of BC Place, and they confirmed that they will be operating the venue with the restrictions in place.  So, I admit fault!  I was wrong!

To quote the paper:

"B.C. Place is sometimes described as an outdoor venue, but PavCo, the crown corporation that manages the downtown Vancouver stadium, confirmed in an email they are covered by the new policy.

?The health and safety of PavCo?s staff, contractors, and guests remains our top priority and as such we welcome the introduction of the B.C. Vaccine Card program for events at our venues, B.C. Place and the Vancouver Convention Centre,? a PavCo spokesperson said in an email. ?PavCo is committed to doing our part  to keep our community?s recovery efforts moving forward and to see live meetings and event venues return to full capacity. We will work closely with our staff, contractors, government, clients and teams to manage the implementation of B.C. Vaccine Card to welcome guests to our venues.?
Blue In BC

« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2021, 04:58:01 PM »

I have no sympathy either. However it takes away games to watch and at some point could impact the Bombers. Even if it means we win a game by forfeit, I want to see games played, not just awarded.

Taints everything.

I understand and agree with the ruling concept. OTOH it seems unfair to the players that follow the recommended guidelines but still lose a paycheck due to those that don't. It's possible the players that tested positive were vaccinated but if the entire roster is below the " limit " it's the anti vax players that put a pin in entire team. Otherwise the team could have activated other players and isolated the infected.

There is nothing to substantiate but since Canada has a high vaccination rate, I believe those infected are most probably Imports. Could be vets or rookies sitting on PR ( I wouldn't want to be in their shoes today ).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 06:11:12 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2021, 04:59:45 PM »

Sounds like masks are going back on in public places.

blue_gold_84

For The W

« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2021, 05:00:34 PM »

Sounds like masks are going back on in public places.

Why that mandate was ever removed just smacks of idiocy.

#forthew

Slava Ukraini!
DM83

« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2021, 06:59:45 PM »

Hey Blue,

Good points.
I never thought I would see the potential defaulting the game to an Argos squad.

I am not too forgiving.  The CFL should stop procrastinating, award the points and let's move on. 
The concept of having a vaccination isn't new.

And I Dont buy religious reasons, health reasons, or the fact that they are ignorant.  Ok maybe health reasons. But I would think the vaccines don't hurt.  I am no Dr., so I should remain mum.

I foresee this mandatory vaccine as a soon to be law.

I thought the Charter of Rights had a section called restrictions.  Basically it said any rights(freedom of choice, thought, fundamental freedoms)  can be suspended, when the rights of the many are threatened. If such a situation occurs then the rights of the majority out weigh the Individual rights.

The not withstanding clause may address the same.
The restrictions clause was applied during both World Wars, and again during the October crisis, with the FLQ, in Quebec and Ottawa.

Invoking that clause would solve a lot of problems.

Unfortunately, in looking at a current Charter of Rights document, I couldn't find it, hence my fear, it may have been edited out.

This is cause for concern.  Our friends to the South, seem to becoming closer to a rebellion and that fool Donald Trump will be voted back in.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2021, 07:35:31 PM »

Yes, it was unfortunate that the government thought that the inmates could be responsible and have some common sense.

Cool Spot

« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2021, 09:53:34 PM »

And I Dont buy ... health reasons

I wonder what sort of health reasons a professional football player, who puts their body on the line all the time with respect to getting hit by 200 lb athletes, sprinting back and forth and putting strain on tendons and ligaments, the travel schedule, stress of always looking over your shoulder, etc. could come up with that says the risk is greater than what they are already incurring?
Ridermania

« Reply #357 on: August 24, 2021, 10:57:32 PM »

Dave Naylor @TSNDaveNaylor
Just wrapped-up an interview with Randy Ambrosie in which he said the league is operating under ?informed guidance? that charters will not be exempt from a flight ban on unvaccinated individuals this fall.
Huge issue.
Tiger

« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2021, 02:31:25 AM »

I wonder what sort of health reasons a professional football player, who puts their body on the line all the time with respect to getting hit by 200 lb athletes, sprinting back and forth and putting strain on tendons and ligaments, the travel schedule, stress of always looking over your shoulder, etc. could come up with that says the risk is greater than what they are already incurring?

Certaining conditions, especially those that cause bloodclotting (hyperhomocysteinemiaare,  antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, certain genetically inherited conditions etc) are medical reasons.  Just because you are healthy does not mean you do not have medical conditions.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Tiger

« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2021, 02:35:13 AM »

Why that mandate was ever removed just smacks of idiocy.

I agree.  That said I think the unstated thought is to Gove some freedom before it had to be reimposed

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61
  Print  

Jump to: