Blue Bombers Forum
December 09, 2022, 05:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 61
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 103008 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #330 on: August 12, 2021, 09:46:05 PM »

The frustrating thing for everyone involved is there is no one set of rules or clear expectations anymore. That said, I would never "call anyone out" for not wearing a mask if they aren't required to do so. If you don't like the speed limit on your street you don't go yell at the passing cars who are doing the posted limit. I'm not really a big fan of the "we recommend but everyone do what they want" current provincial government stance, but it is the reality and you shouldn't try to impose your own "authority" as more correct than the actual law.
Tiger

« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2021, 12:15:07 AM »

The frustrating thing for everyone involved is there is no one set of rules or clear expectations anymore. That said, I would never "call anyone out" for not wearing a mask if they aren't required to do so. If you don't like the speed limit on your street you don't go yell at the passing cars who are doing the posted limit. I'm not really a big fan of the "we recommend but everyone do what they want" current provincial government stance, but it is the reality and you shouldn't try to impose your own "authority" as more correct than the actual law.

What about when the law is ********?

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
blue_or_die

« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2021, 01:03:26 PM »

Yeah I'm not down with anyone being a Karen about rules that aren't rules anymore. If you're going above an beyond to be a dinkus and flout it, sure, but if you're carrying on with life and obeying the ever-changing rules, it's not cool and actually pretty pathetic to go out of your way and lord over people.

I went to Co-Op for groceries yesterday evening and there was one person in the entire store without a mask. Totally fine. However, she had this weird scowl and tried to make eye contact with other customers like she was looking for a fight or something.

What have we all become?

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2021, 02:44:07 PM »

What about when the law is ********?

No idea. Call a politician? I don't know. I just know that things aren't going to work very well if people try to enforce or confront people for not following some sort of private Covid code they have in their head.
theaardvark

« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2021, 05:06:21 PM »

Unless you are in a KN95 or better, a mask does little to protect you.  Cloth masks stop you from spraying COVID bearing droplets around you with your breath. 

Children should wear KN95's or better, and/or faceshields if they are being taken into areas when they may be exposed to Delta.  Kids are actually dying of COVID now.  Last year, there were no deaths, lots of kids getting inflammatory diseases cased by COVID exposure and other chronic conditions, but they weren't dying.  Now, they are getting really sick and dying in areas of high spread. 

Responsible parents should not be exposing children unnecessarily to risk.  It makes no sense to take them where there may be unmasked people who are obviously anti-vax as well, and quite potentially infected / infectious.

We have to start treating under 12's the same way we were supposed to treat over 65's early on in the pandemic, but didn't and failed our elders, killing far too many of them.  COVID classic was deadly to old people, but not children.  Delta is deadly to children.  Sending our kids into incubation pods like schools, with unvaccinated staff / teachers, with inadequate ventilation and unreliable mask wearing (c'mon, kids and masks are at best a joke) really seems like a recipe for disaster.  Even with rapid testing and cohorts, this is not going to be a good fall.

As to stores requiring masks vs. letting staff go maskless, this gov't has really dropped the ball on this.  We are not out of the woods, and this was an easy thing to keep in place.  It will be brought back Sept 7, I have no doubt.  I have had a few customers refuse our request to mask up, and even had someone I've never seen before poke their head in and ask if we require masks, and when we said that we would prefer them to be masked, they left.  Only one was very upset that we requested mask use (there were other concerned customers in the store at that moment) and offered her a free mask, she completed her transaction and raced out of the store.  I get that some people may have issues that make mask wearing uncomfortable.  But for 5 minutes, really? 

We are "Friendly Manitoba", and we have a strong community spirit, we generally are doing the right thing, and mask use is remaining the majority choice.  Personally, if I see a store not even requiring staff to use masks, I'm not going to shop there.  It just doesn't make sense to me, even though I wear a KN95 and am double vaxxed.  Its not that I am at risk that makes me make that choice, it is that I want my money to go to companies that are good community partners....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Tiger

« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2021, 06:30:09 PM »

No idea. Call a politician? I don't know. I just know that things aren't going to work very well if people try to enforce or confront people for not following some sort of private Covid code they have in their head.

I agree.  You need to protect yourself.  If someone is standing in your face coughing it is just like pre Covid.  No rules just lack pf common decency.

Alberta is rolling back easing up.  See what happens with delta.  I was hoping people would mask and be able to go to a whole season of football.  Not sure that will happen.  We will see

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2021, 07:47:18 PM »

And then there is the other extreme, I saw a guy today at the golf course driving a convertible with his mask on. To funny.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #337 on: August 14, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »

It will be interesting to see what happens when the first NFL game is cancelled due to an outbreak.  Wonder if the players who cause it will be cut, or how they will be treated by their teamates that could lose hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars.  I can't see any QB not demanding his whole team get jabbed.  You'd have to be some kind of stupid to risk paydays over vaccine.

Might even be worse in the CFL... sure, the $value of loss in the NFL is an order of magnitude greater, but in the CFL, every one of those game cheques means a lot more to the players than to an NFL player, it can mean the difference between food on the table or no food on the table for the family...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2021, 07:02:42 PM »

Leila super center closing later this month. I can also see RBC closing probably by the end of September. Walmart, and Shoppers both have Pfizer.

Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #339 on: August 19, 2021, 03:25:38 AM »

Sask. with 131 new cases today. Some cases linked to the Rider home opener.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 02:36:16 AM by Pigskin » Logged

Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #340 on: August 22, 2021, 02:37:04 AM »

Two days in a row we have 40 plus cases.

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #341 on: August 22, 2021, 03:03:21 AM »

Two days in a row we have 40 plus cases.

27 on Thursday and 44 on Friday...nothing announced today - unless you have some inside info...

Active cases went way down in MB - Canada is exploding though
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2021, 03:59:33 PM »

Canada/USA women's hockey that night will fill in nicely for no football.

Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2021, 06:41:18 PM »

August 21, there was 46 cases, August 22, 36 cases, and today there is 27 cases.  Monday's are always a low number day.

DM83

« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2021, 07:10:15 PM »

How could they be so stupid?
Let's  post some numbers
Who on the Bombers doesn't have the vaxx?

Defensive corner?
Field goal kicker?
Lol!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 61
  Print  

Jump to: