Blue Bombers Forum
September 19, 2021, 12:20:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 13333 times)
Stretch

« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2021, 05:31:31 PM »

This tread has been Hijacked, all of these comments should be in the Covid selection.

Agreed. At this rate it?ll be locked by the end of the day.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Pigskin

« Reply #271 on: July 18, 2021, 05:36:25 PM »

I reported it to the Mod. they clean this stuff up pretty quick.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
TBURGESS

« Reply #272 on: July 18, 2021, 05:53:21 PM »

The rules are in place for everyone's safety. Vaccines are not mandatory, so you have the right to refuse to get vaccinated if you want, but that right comes with consequences like not being able to join large groups.

Vaccination's aren't just for travelling. You used to need to have all your vaccinations up to date just to go to school. They are likely not mandatory now.

The government has the right to say if unvaccinated people can put vaccinated people at risk, to require proof of vaccination and even to make vaccinations manditory based on their duty to protect their citizens. People have a duty to obey the law, even the ones they don't like.  

Equal rights in the Canadian charter: "Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability." The question becomes: "Is it discrimination against the un-vaccinated to exclude them"? Considering the governments duty to protect, I'd say no, but the courts will eventually rule on it.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
BlueGold8597

« Reply #273 on: July 18, 2021, 06:05:26 PM »

Ok guys, Covid is not  the topic here, please redirect all Covid talk to it?s thread or I will lock this thread!

LOL, until everyone in Manitoba has equal right to attend a bomber game then this is ALL ABOUT COVID.  But yes please lock the thread and return your head to the sand. Just don't think about how people with medical conditions that don't allow them to get vaccines just lost their civil rights in this province. Please. I wouldn't want to spoil your little happy bubble.
BlueGold8597

« Reply #274 on: July 18, 2021, 06:06:45 PM »

Yes lockdown anything difficult or challenging to think about.  Go blue!
Stretch

« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2021, 06:34:20 PM »

Yes lockdown anything difficult or challenging to think about.  Go blue!

Now where did I leave that facepalm GIF....?

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Marni
Global Moderator

« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2021, 06:38:28 PM »

LOL, until everyone in Manitoba has equal right to attend a bomber game then this is ALL ABOUT COVID.  But yes please lock the thread and return your head to the sand. Just don't think about how people with medical conditions that don't allow them to get vaccines just lost their civil rights in this province. Please. I wouldn't want to spoil your little happy bubble.

Like I said, this thread is about the home opener, there is a COVID thread, discuss it there, and any more head in sand comments will find you not posting anywhere! This decision was a govt one, not a Bomber one

You are what happened when I wished upon a star  Kiss
Horseman

« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2021, 08:52:32 PM »

Like I said, this thread is about the home opener, there is a COVID thread, discuss it there, and any more head in sand comments will find you not posting anywhere! This decision was a govt one, not a Bomber one

Thank you Marni.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2021, 01:48:02 PM »

Cry some more. Seems like that's all you do based on your posts, anyway. You clearly have no idea how immunology or vaccines work.

You want to be a part of public social events like a CFL game? Get the vaccine if you can* and be a responsible member of society.

* and no, whining about "rights" is not a valid reason

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
theaardvark

« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2021, 02:41:47 PM »

99.5% of deaths occurring now from COVID are in unvaccinated people. 

What is weird is the anti-vaxxers are using this as a positive... "See, you can still die if you get a vaccine, so why get it?"

.5% of deaths coming from the 50% of the population that is vaccinated. 

Not a great odds maker, but that's a bet worth taking, no?

You have the right to not take a vaccine.  Does not trump the rights of others not to be exposed to an unvaccinated carrier, or to be denied an ICU bed for a non COVID issue because all the ICU beds are full of unvaccinated patients.

How people forget polio, measles, mumps, etc so quickly... or accept hair regrowth treatments with no scientific research behind them as "safe" and deny vaccines with 3 billion doses administered as "unproven", I will never understand.

Alabama (less than 30% vaccinated) tried putting a vaccine clinic in a courthouse today, hoping to convince people waiting to pay for traffic tickets to take a free vaccine.  They got 2 people... 

They should call it the "Trump vaccine", advertise that Trump has two doses, praise Trump for Warp Speed and gin up his base...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #280 on: July 19, 2021, 04:36:34 PM »

37 new cases of Covid in Manitoba today, with 21 of those in Winnipeg. Winnipeg's TPR went up slightly to 3.1%, and we had one death.

3% more women have been vaccinated then men.

Alberta will be a great place to see the effects of large crowds and no masks. After watch the finals of the Stampede last night. There wasn't a mask in sight and the barn looked pretty full.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2021, 08:00:34 PM »

"See, you can still die if you get a vaccine, so why get it?"

"You can still die if you wear a seatbelt, so why wear one?"

Anti-vaxxer "logic" is whack, man. On the one hand, they underplay the severity of a novel virus, telling others to not be scared of COVID-19, but then fear getting a vaccine. It's utterly asinine.

It's sickening how many choose to be misinformed about science.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Pigskin

« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2021, 08:56:14 PM »

Canada border opening up to the US on August 9th. Fully vaccinated of course.

Blue In BC

« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2021, 01:50:17 PM »

You mean like...liquor stores?

Or drivers license, passport, academic / professional credentials.

I'm waiting to see how they process people at the border as far as determining proof of double vaccinations. There are those on both sides of the border that don't want official documentation.

Put in the words of Spock from Star Trek: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

I understand the dilemma facing many that oppose showing vaccination documentation of some sort. It's a tough social issue.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 03:12:57 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Ricky Bobby

« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2021, 05:24:28 PM »

You mean like...liquor stores?

That was put in due to the thefts and assault that were happening. Not the same thing.

This will be my only response to my previous post, I am not trying to stir the pot, I just gave my response and reason.

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: