Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2021, 06:30:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 18569 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2021, 07:42:19 PM »

I have given up my season ticket because I will not participate in any event that requires vaccine passports. It's a dangerous precedent. It's against the charter of rights and freedoms and the right to privacy and it discriminates against people who cannot or should not get the vaccines for medical reasons. It creates a two tier society. It's intended to coerce people into making a medical decision that should be made based only upon their own health information which is private.

I have both doses FYI.

I have been a season ticket holder for more than 10 years.

This breaks my heart but getting to see the Bombers is not worth being part of a tech-medical dystopia where you have to "show your papers" to have rights.

Unfortunately it seems I am very alone in thinking this.

Enjoy the season folks.
You need certain vaccinations to fly to specific countries. You need certain vaccinations to go to school. This is just another vaccination that you need. They should call it a vaccination card instead of a passport to make it clearer to the ill informed.

That being said, it's your right not to go places that tell you you have to be vaccinated. I guess you won't be travelling or going to major events for a long while.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
bomb squad

« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2021, 08:09:21 PM »

I have given up my season ticket because I will not participate in any event that requires vaccine passports. It's a dangerous precedent. It's against the charter of rights and freedoms and the right to privacy and it discriminates against people who cannot or should not get the vaccines for medical reasons. It creates a two tier society. It's intended to coerce people into making a medical decision that should be made based only upon their own health information which is private.

I have both doses FYI.

This breaks my heart but getting to see the Bombers is not worth being part of a tech-medical dystopia where you have to "show your papers" to have rights.

Enjoy the season folks.

Sorry to hear that. I understand where you're coming from, I'm not entirely comfortable with it either, but I am going to participate nevertheless. I am doubled too, and I would have been Ok with it wide open. That's just me though and I also realize it may not the best way for Manitoba. This is the route Manitoba has chosen to go, putting protection of the health care system first and foremost and trying to get the economy returned at the same time. I understand and accept that as well. It's one of those things where no matter what you do, there are negative consequences to consider. The problem is there is too many people who are eligible to get vaxxed who have chosen not to.

I do think there's a good chance you will be able to come back as this will not last long if cases stay low. Confidence will rise quickly.

By the way, what do you think should have been done?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 08:16:03 PM by bomb squad » Logged
Donny C

« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2021, 09:07:55 PM »

There is pop in vaccination centers where you don't need an appointment right now. My local Sobeys has had one all week. If you go this week you will get into the Bomber game for sure.

All good! Changed the date to yesterday!
Pigskin

« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2021, 03:35:48 AM »

Our whole family is vaccinated and have our cards. With that said my daughter is still contemplating whether or not her sons will attend the game. I know if they go she will want them to wear there masks at all times.

I am a big supporter of the vaccination card and the benefits you receive for being responsible and getting fully vaccinated. Most people will come around if they want to attend big events, or go to movies, or even travel before the end of the year.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2021, 12:33:08 PM »

I have both doses FYI.

Enjoy the season folks.

Seems like a misplaced boycott. The government sets the rules. The Bombers, just like movie theaters, museums and all the rest are following as best they can while trying to survive.
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2021, 06:47:41 PM »

Seems like a misplaced boycott. The government sets the rules. The Bombers, just like movie theaters, museums and all the rest are following as best they can while trying to survive.
I agree. The organizations are only following the rules. They?re forced to do the things they?re doing.
Punishing the Bombers for following rules seems strange to me!

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
BlueGold8597

« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2021, 03:18:02 PM »

You need certain vaccinations to fly to specific countries. You need certain vaccinations to go to school. This is just another vaccination that you need. They should call it a vaccination card instead of a passport to make it clearer to the ill informed.

That being said, it's your right not to go places that tell you you have to be vaccinated. I guess you won't be travelling or going to major events for a long while.

The difference in this case is between those who are citizens of a country and those who are not. To gain entry to a county as a non-citizen you can be asked to do many things including have vaccinations. However, this is only if you are NOT A CITIZEN OF THAT COUNTRY.
The entire idea of citizenship is that if confers rights. All citizens have equal rights.

Its disappointing that people dont' understand this and think that going to a restaurant, museum or stadium is somehow the same as attempting to enter a country in which you are not a citizen. They are completely different things
BlueGold8597

« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2021, 03:20:05 PM »

Sorry to hear that. I understand where you're coming from, I'm not entirely comfortable with it either, but I am going to participate nevertheless. I am doubled too, and I would have been Ok with it wide open. That's just me though and I also realize it may not the best way for Manitoba. This is the route Manitoba has chosen to go, putting protection of the health care system first and foremost and trying to get the economy returned at the same time. I understand and accept that as well. It's one of those things where no matter what you do, there are negative consequences to consider. The problem is there is too many people who are eligible to get vaxxed who have chosen not to.

I do think there's a good chance you will be able to come back as this will not last long if cases stay low. Confidence will rise quickly.

By the way, what do you think should have been done?

WE should have done what every other province except Quebec did. Reject vaccine passports as unconstitutional, divisive and pointless (If I'm vaccinated I have nothing to fear from someone who is not)

As for the "protect the health care system". I don't see how this possibly applies since multiple other durisdictions have had full events for both vaccinated and non-vaccinated and they have not led to increases in cases when the population is vaccinated. 
BlueGold8597

« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2021, 03:22:24 PM »

I'm just following the rules is never a good defence of anything.

During segregation, busses, movie theatres etc. were 'just following the rules' when they didn't allow black people to attend. Were their actions right and moral? Do they not deserve any share of the blame?

(Notice I am in no way comparing these two examples of discrimination but just demonstrating that saying, "I'm just following the law" is not an excuse)
BlueGold8597

« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2021, 03:23:30 PM »

Our whole family is vaccinated and have our cards. With that said my daughter is still contemplating whether or not her sons will attend the game. I know if they go she will want them to wear there masks at all times.

I am a big supporter of the vaccination card and the benefits you receive for being responsible and getting fully vaccinated. Most people will come around if they want to attend big events, or go to movies, or even travel before the end of the year.

THis is like saying, "I'm a big supporter of excluding people who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons or choose to make a different decisions for their personal health than I do being treated as  second class citizens"
Please don't be a big supporter of discrimination.
BlueGold8597

« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2021, 03:26:38 PM »

I agree. The organizations are only following the rules. They?re forced to do the things they?re doing.
Punishing the Bombers for following rules seems strange to me!

Yes we're so desparate to have our lives and livelihoods back that we're willing to turn a blind eye to a very scary system of institutionalized discrimination and mass surveilance that could easily be converted into something akin to the Communist Chinese social credit system.  I totally understand that. I also understand that at these moments if people who think that this is a dangerous precedent need to speak out or next thing you know it will be something YOU decided to do or not do that gets you excluded from going to see the Bombers. If you don't stand up for someone else's rights who do you expect will stand up for yours?

And if you think I'm being over dramatic google "China social credit" so see what your future holds when we go down the road of "show your papers sir"...Imagine not being about to rent a car because you played too many video games. THat's a real thing in China.
Horseman

« Reply #266 on: July 18, 2021, 03:59:41 PM »

Hey Newbie (BlueGold8597), vaccinated people have rights also, a right to be protected from the unvaccinated. Just because you are double vaccinated does not mean you are immune from contracting Covid. So if you do not wish to get vaccinated that is your right, but don't say the unvaccinated have rights because the the rights of the larger population take precedent over the the rights of the few. In this unpredictable time with Covid there are rules, if you don't agree then stay home and get off your soap box and stop preaching your nonsense for those of us who choose to follow the rules and attend the Bomber games.
BlueGold8597

« Reply #267 on: July 18, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »

Hey Newbie (BlueGold8597), vaccinated people have rights also, a right to be protected from the unvaccinated. Just because you are double vaccinated does not mean you are immune from contracting Covid. So if you do not wish to get vaccinated that is your right, but don't say the unvaccinated have rights because the the rights of the larger population take precedent over the the rights of the few. In this unpredictable time with Covid there are rules, if you don't agree then stay home and get off your soap box and stop preaching your nonsense for those of us who choose to follow the rules and attend the Bomber games.

Sadly the personal attack, vitriol etc. on display here is indicative of a society in which we are being encouraged to turn on each other.

You obviously didn't read that I am fully vaccinated.  I also suggested that I personally am opposed to following rules that infringe on human rights and will not do so. Unfortunately I don't' think there are others like me who like me...if this board is any indication.

Also if being double vaccinated doesn't make you immune then why do we have these rules in the first place?
BlueGold8597

« Reply #268 on: July 18, 2021, 04:57:03 PM »

While you argue about your individual liberties people are literally dying at home unable to have the surgery they need while recovery beds are full of "I don't trust needles" people. Think about that and pray it's not someone you know.

3.63 billion doses have been administered globally as of today.

This is not actually the situation. There are not people dying at home because people don't "trust needles". I'm not sure what you are even referring to.

Unfortunately our health system in Manitoba, unlike virtually anywhere else in the world was not able to deal very well with this crisis. I suggest if you are concerned about this you direct your political advocacy in this direction.
Pigskin

« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2021, 05:26:17 PM »

This is not actually the situation. There are not people dying at home because people don't "trust needles". I'm not sure what you are even referring to.

Unfortunately our health system in Manitoba, unlike virtually anywhere else in the world was not able to deal very well with this crisis. I suggest if you are concerned about this you direct your political advocacy in this direction.

This thread has been Hijacked, all of these comments should be in the Covid selection.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:35:10 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: