Blue Bombers Forum
August 03, 2021, 02:37:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 7178 times)
bluengold204

« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2021, 02:31:15 PM »

I called the vaccine line after I read your post to see if I could get my appointment moved up if I switched to Moderna and it wasn't enough of an improvement to make it worthwhile changing. The agent also said that if I booked an appointment today the earliest I could get in would be July 23, regardless of Pfizer or Moderna. So, it looks like you lucked out Blue or Die. Good for you.

Any other noteworthy booking experiences people are having out there?

Friend of mine went online to book Pfizer at CC and got in the same day, must have been a cancellation at the same time.
Pigskin

« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2021, 02:50:47 PM »

Well our entire family is fully immunized so I am glad we don't have to worry about booking appointments anymore. My Grandson's school called my daughter to say they would like the kids fully immunized before school starts in September or they may have to do online learning.
Pigskin

« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2021, 06:21:39 PM »

We had 123 new cases today in Manitoba, with 64 for cases in Winnipeg. Winnipeg's TPR holds at 6.6%, and sadly we had 3 more deaths. So our cases just about doubled today.
Pigskin

« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2021, 05:51:16 AM »

Okay Bomber Fans, I am headed out on a week long fishing trip with my 2 Grandson's, I mite be to older for this, god help me. So someone else will have to keep this going. Keep getting those vaccinations. 
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2021, 09:36:41 PM »

NEW Last updated: June 25, 2021

Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:

a male in his 70s from Southern Health-Sante Sud linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.9 per cent provincially and 6.5 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 85 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 84 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 55,777.

Today?s COVID-19 data shows:

10 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
eight cases in the Northern health region;
five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;   
nine cases in the Southern Health-Sant? Sud health region; and   
53 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

GET YOU JABS CALL EVERYDAY TO TRY AND BUMP UP APPOINTMENTS

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2021, 04:56:20 PM »

Sat 106

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-update-1.6081716

Sun 97

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-update-1.6082147

pjrocksmb

« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2021, 09:09:57 PM »

MON 61 NO DEATHS

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid19-manitoba-update-reopening-weekend-brent-roussin-1.6082738

theaardvark

« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2021, 03:54:55 PM »

Got my vaccine card a while ago, ready and willing to be in the stands opening day, probably wearing a mask still.

Still don't understand why the CFLPA and CFL haven't made full vaccination mandatory for players. 

Winnipeg could start the train.  If it is mandatory for fans, why not for players?  There are morals clauses, substance clauses, this is a health concern, why can't there be a vaccine clause.  Playing in the CFL is not a right, it is a privilege.  If you want to play in the CFL, you have to CHOOSE to lead a moral life, you have to CHOOSE not to take banned substances, how is choosing to take a vaccine any different?   

For those that say "What if the player needs more data on whether vaccines are safe..."  well, 3 billion doses administered say HOW MUCH DATA IS ENOUGH?    If you can't get the picture that vaccines are safe and effective after 3 billion doses, and the fact that the USA is wide open due to vaccine, and other countries are still locked down, then you are too dumb to play on MY team. 

Sorry, its just a real sticking point for me.  How can you be a "team player" yet not take a little jab in the arm to protect your teammates and coaches?  Non vaccinated players are going to have to follow expensive and marginally effective protocols to prevent infection, and will probably still get infected with potentially tragic outcomes.

Do we want a player on the team that won't take two little jabs and might end up lost to us mid season due to COVID, or worse, as we enter the playoffs? 

The CFLPA needs to stop listening to the few very vocal antivaxxers, follow the science and look out for ALL the players.   We will not miss those few who refuse the vaccine, there are plenty that want their jobs. 

If that does not happen, I really hope that players realize that when it comes to cut day, and all other things being equal, if you have a player that is fully vaccinated and a player that is un-vaccinated and is going to require monitoring and protocols, they know that the vaccinated player is going to get the spot, right? 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 08:31:44 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2021, 05:09:02 PM »

Agree ards, I'll have my card soon and I'll wear mask and shield likely while walking around

Tues 61 no deaths

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid-19-update-manitoba-june-29-1.6084306
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 05:10:37 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

blue_or_die

« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2021, 05:20:55 PM »

Got my second dose Sunday night (Moderna) and boy was I sick yesterday and still a bit today!

So glad that in 2 weeks I will get to maybe do a few more things to get back to normal life.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Jockitch

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2021, 05:24:11 PM »

The CFLPA needs to stop listening to the few very vocal antivaxxers, follow the science and look out for ALL the players.   We will not miss those few who refuse the vaccine, there are plenty that want their jobs.

Good stuff Aards ...... the above says it for me

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
theaardvark

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2021, 06:55:36 PM »

Agree ards, I'll have my card soon and I'll wear mask and shield likely while walking around

Tues 61 no deaths

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid-19-update-manitoba-june-29-1.6084306

Actually, there was one death, an MB patient in her 50' that had been sent to Ont May 28th.... but still awesome stats... we've dropped to the bottom of the top ten infection jurisdictions in Canada/US...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2021, 08:56:02 PM »

Thanks and credit to pjrocksmb for keeping up the COVID stats during Pigskin's absence.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
DCM
Global Moderator

« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2021, 02:15:05 AM »

Still don't understand why the CFLPA and CFL haven't made full vaccination mandatory for players. 

Winnipeg could start the train.  If it is mandatory for fans, why not for players?  There are morals clauses, substance clauses, this is a health concern, why can't there be a vaccine clause.  Playing in the CFL is not a right, it is a privilege.  If you want to play in the CFL, you have to CHOOSE to lead a moral life, you have to CHOOSE not to take banned substances, how is choosing to take a vaccine any different?   

For those that say "What if the player needs more data on whether vaccines are safe..."  well, 3 billion doses administered say HOW MUCH DATA IS ENOUGH?    If you can't get the picture that vaccines are safe and effective after 3 billion doses, and the fact that the USA is wide open due to vaccine, and other countries are still locked down, then you are too dumb to play on MY team. 

Sorry, its just a real sticking point for me.  How can you be a "team player" yet not take a little jab in the arm to protect your teammates and coaches?  Non vaccinated players are going to have to follow expensive and marginally effective protocols to prevent infection, and will probably still get infected with potentially tragic outcomes.

Do we want a player on the team that won't take two little jabs and might end up lost to us mid season due to COVID, or worse, as we enter the playoffs? 

If that does not happen, I really hope that players realize that when it comes to cut day, and all other things being equal, if you have a player that is fully vaccinated and a player that is un-vaccinated and is going to require monitoring and protocols, they know that the vaccinated player is going to get the spot, right? 
Vaccines aren't mandatory. They're mandatory to get into IG Field (Should be an easy legal challenge.) but they are in no way mandatory. If they were, we'd already be at 100% first and second shots then.

Vaccines have been in people's arms for how long? About 1/4th the actual time that most studies to ensure vaccines are safe. So yeah, they're well within their rights to want to wait and see what, if any, kind of fall out could come. We're still in the early stages of proper testing. Just because someone hasn't gotten their shot because they don't feel safe doing so, doesn't make them an anti-vax and people need to grow up and quit trying to act like bullies.

Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here
theaardvark

« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2021, 03:19:15 PM »

Vaccines aren't mandatory. They're mandatory to get into IG Field (Should be an easy legal challenge.) but they are in no way mandatory. If they were, we'd already be at 100% first and second shots then.

Vaccines have been in people's arms for how long? About 1/4th the actual time that most studies to ensure vaccines are safe. So yeah, they're well within their rights to want to wait and see what, if any, kind of fall out could come. We're still in the early stages of proper testing. Just because someone hasn't gotten their shot because they don't feel safe doing so, doesn't make them an anti-vax and people need to grow up and quit trying to act like bullies.

OK, I'll take the bait.

Vaccine research is not what it was in the days when they developed the Polio vaccine, or measles, or mumps.  There was no computer modeling, no mass scale production, no 30,000 trial groups.  Saying there is an "actual time that most studies to ensure vaccines are safe" exists is a lie.  Te time it takes is the time it takes, and it is based on factors that have been affected by scientific advances that are coming at an avalanche rate. 

Do we have data on long term effects of the vaccine?  Of course not, there is no way to speed up time.  But what do you expect/project as long term effects? 

Immediate effects are the main concern, and we have addressed all of those quite easily.  Certain vaccines (dozens) were failed due to either lack of efficacy or side effects.  Some of the approved vaccines were delayed/modified to mitigate infinitesimal levels of side effects, for instance AZ causing blood clots at a rate a fraction of what birth control pills do. 

Long term side effects of NOT taking the vaccine are widely known, to over 500k Americans and their families, over 26k in Canada.  That is NOT a debate.  COVID kills people.  Vaccines prevent COVID.

All the theories about magnets, 5G, tracking chips and the like are total crap, and I feel real sorry for anyone who had been convinced that those claims have any validity, because most likely, they will be fleeced of some or all of their money by groups using these lies to fundraise to fight "Big Pharma" or "Deep state" or the other imaginary bad guys out there trying to take away your "freedom"

Vaccines are not mandatory, but they are required for many activities, and rightfully so.  But should they be mandatory?  Lets think...

MMR is mandatory if you want to go to public school.  Why?  Because kids die when they aren't vaccinated.  I got MMR when I was a kid, there were no questions, there were no debates.  Until Gwyneth popularized the vaccine/autism myth that has since been thoroughly debunked, with the lead perpetrator of the lie having been caught falsifying data, this has put an undeserved hesitancy into trusting vaccines.

If you had an infection, you would have no qualms about accepting a prescription for antibiotics without worrying about "long term effects". 

If you had cancer, you would have no issue with them pumping actual poison into you to fight it, knowing that the long term effects of that are horrible.  No one would accept chemo if there was an alternative, if they could "just ride it out". 

COVID vaccines are safe, effective and save lives.  Compared to antibiotics (which are poisons that kill stuff in your body) or Chemo, the potential "long term effects" are statistically irrelevant. 

Vaccines are basically a training video for your immune system.  They are a crash course in teaching your body how to defend itself against COVID.  The vaccine does not fight COVID the way antibiotics or chemo fight disease.  Vaccines mount an immune response in your body, teaching it how to use the weapons it has to fight against an enemy it has never seen, before it attacks.

If there were actual concerns about "potential long term effects", we'd see the anti-vax crowd touting them, showing us scientific evidence, or at least theories, on why vaccines are a long term danger.  But, like every other vaccine before these, there are no long term effects. 

And the long term effect of NOT getting vaccinated?  Infection and potential death, even for young people without underlying conditions.  Its not just immune compromised seniors that are dying, look at the stats.  Healthy young people and kids are dying from it.

When everyone gets vaccinated, like with MMR and Polio, the disease gets wiped out.  But as long as there are pockets of un-vaccinated people out there, the disease survives, and can mutate, and make even the vaccinated vulnerable again. 

And THAT, my friend, scares the bejeebers out of me, and it should scare you as well.

I take the vaccine for my family, my staff, my customers, for employees of stores I shop in, for people providing personal services, for my fellow Bomber Fans in the stands, and for You. 

You're welcome.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: