Blue Bombers Forum
June 25, 2021, 09:06:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rewatched the whole 2019 season...  (Read 1407 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 06:15:14 PM »

Not sure if I can handle thinking about the CFL merging with the XFL, the possibility of never getting to another game, AND the period between 2008 thru 2015.

Lock the whole forum!! lol

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 07:52:52 PM »

Nice Blue, you addressed 3 topics in one post. That's good post management.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 05:28:18 PM »

The 2019 definitely was a pleasure to watch for most games especially the whipping of Calgary, Sask. and then Hamilton in the Grey Cup.  So sweet!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 02:57:16 AM »

The 2019 definitely was a pleasure to watch for most games especially the whipping of Calgary, Sask. and then Hamilton in the Grey Cup.  So sweet!!

I thought the MTL and TOR debacle games would be painful to rewatch, but they weren't at all.  My original GBU's on those still stand, the Bombers were clearly the better team but we got shafted by prevent-D calling, really really bad reffing (Kim's first-down not first-down), and some great plays by the other (hungry) team.

Strange, but on rewatching the MTL game I actually was ok with the outcome and happy for MTL.  They played their derriere off and deserved it.  Good for Khari.  (Still don't like VAJ's Bighill attack though.)

I now found the most aggravating games were the HAM losses.  No way we should have sucked that bad against Masoli-less HAM in HAM.  And when you watch that game and then the GC, it's insanely puzzling why HAM didn't stick to that O gameplan!!  We still had no answer for those 7,8,9 man OL protection and crossers, but HAM barely used anything but 5,6 man pass pro.  It's mind boggling, especially after halftime, just more of the same losing 1st half tactics.  Not complaining, though!

Never go full Rider!
bryan35

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 06:53:11 PM »

Were you a fan in those Glenn days? He was definitely more hated than Nichols.

Glenn was always seen as a step down from peak-Khari. Nichols pulled us out of the gutter.

Honestly, outside of a few members on this board, I don't know if Nichols was hated at all. But Glenn took constant heat.

He did and it seemed like once he left Winnipeg his play improved. What bugged me about Glenn was that it looked like he could care less if he threw a pick six. Kind of like oh well...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2021, 04:43:46 AM »

He did and it seemed like once he left Winnipeg his play improved. What bugged me about Glenn was that it looked like he could care less if he threw a pick six. Kind of like oh well...

Hah, that's ironic, the least-liked good WPG QBs were:
a) the guy who hates throwing INTs more than anyone
b) the guy who didn't care if he threw an INT

Funny, but I think Zach leans more toward the (b) camp.  He seems like he's become the Kimi Raikonnen of the CFL.  (An injoke for F1 fans.)

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2021, 06:54:41 AM »

I also meant to mention, especially after watching the post-season yet another time, that we really should give some big props to Sayles and Rose.

The loss of those 2 guys cannot be understated (should we ever play ball again).  And if there's any way to get them back, do it.

The plays they both made many times in the season (and playoffs) were unbelievable.  Like better-than-CGY's-dbs good.  They kind of went south and/or (then) signed with other CFL teams without much hoopla around here.  But I think they deserve credit for being major contributors to our wins.

Sure, Sayles had handsy illegal-contact problems for the first half of the season.  But he fixed that problem.  I think he got only one IC in the last 4 games.  But Sayles was 100% a WPG find and development.  That's saying something, as we rarely dev superstar DBs, for whatever reason.  And both were the only DBs we kept starting all 18 games and the post-season, right?  That's saying something, as we were constantly tweaking that DB corps.

Rose was a steal from BC, but we made him even better.  What a stats sheet he had in 2019, and that's saying a lot because for the last half-season QBs tried to stay away from him.

Those 2 guys were top-5-in-CFL calibre for sure in 2019.  Maybe even top-3... I'd argue it!

I'll miss them, and if they never play in B&G again, they deserve a heap of thanks for what they did in their brief time here.  I'm not sure we win the cup without those two guys playing all 21 games.

I find it kind of sad these types of important guys get a bit overlooked by the forum when they leave.  Everyone gets all emotional when the Goose quits, but many people say "meh" when Sayles/Rose leave.  I guess that's the life of an IMP DB...

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: