Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2021, 06:45:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On Time Season Start? (Revised with August 5, 2021 Start)  (Read 10976 times)
BlueInCgy

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2021, 04:53:38 PM »

Good news / bad news:

Got 1st Phizer vaccine today. It was unscheduled but my wife had an appointment for this morning and they did mine a week early. Painless and very well organized. About 30 stations. All done in less than 1/2 hour.

BC lockdown of most everything until April 19th. No inside dining etc. Whistler closed.

On a project assignment in Vancouver.  Flying my wife out for a "holiday" Thursday.  Apparently "holiday" has now been redefined by BC Health as "Stay in the condo and order Skip the Dishes". 

I'm tired of this already.
Blue In BC

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2021, 05:36:09 PM »

On a project assignment in Vancouver.  Flying my wife out for a "holiday" Thursday.  Apparently "holiday" has now been redefined by BC Health as "Stay in the condo and order Skip the Dishes". 

I'm tired of this already.

Patio dining is still allowed . If weather warms up a bit that may be an option. Gas heaters exist in many of those situations.  Not sure which of those places will continue to operate on that basis. You'll have to check in your specific area to see what your options will be.

We're all tired of this. I feel sad for the workers that are going to be impacted.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pigskin

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2021, 06:53:53 PM »

Sounds like Ontario is shutting down for 4 weeks.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2021, 07:24:40 AM »

Some elements of the new plan will include limited concessions, mandatory masks except when eating or drinking, and the addition of 250 hand sanitization units at IG Field. The entire stadium will also be cashless, which helps limit contact between fans and game day employees.

Ticket sales are a key factor in the economic viability of the Canadian Football League. In 2019, gate receipts accounted for 35 per cent of the gross revenue in Edmonton, Saskatchewan, and Winnipeg.

I'm extremely glad to see major progress on playing ball, and playing with fans in the stands.  Great job WM!  If there's all this work being done behind the scenes that give reason for optimism, Ambrosie & the teams need to get the word out every couple of weeks!!

If they make this happen, me & the son are getting STs for the first time the day they guarantee it's on.  Hell, I might buy a 3rd ST and take a different friend gratis each game, unless they make "same household only" rules.  I'm definitely spending more quality time with friends at places like CFL games once the lockdowners ease up.

Their ideas and rules sound reasonable.  Don't like the mask idea outdoors, but what are you going to do, eh.  People will just do the same as they do on planes: eat and drink the entire time.  Voila, no mask.

Never go full Rider!
the paw

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2021, 02:45:56 PM »

Their ideas and rules sound reasonable.  Don't like the mask idea outdoors, but what are you going to do, eh.  People will just do the same as they do on planes: eat and drink the entire time.  Voila, no mask.

And there, in a nutshell, is why a whole bunch of people will be staying home.

grab grass 'n growl
Pigskin

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2021, 03:21:54 PM »

And there, in a nutshell, is why a whole bunch of people will be staying home.

You have to take it where it's coming from. If, there's fans in the stands early in the season, there will be staff/ and enforcement officers to make sure people are following rules. Plus fans aren't going to let one jackass ruin it for everyone else.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:25:34 PM by Pigskin » Logged

TecnoGenius

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2021, 08:29:34 AM »

You have to take it where it's coming from. If, there's fans in the stands early in the season, there will be staff/ and enforcement officers to make sure people are following rules. Plus fans aren't going to let one jackass ruin it for everyone else.

Fans and officers are going to dictate to me how fast I eat my popcorn?  What are they going to say?  "Eat your popcorn faster you heathen!"  "No you can't take another sip until halftime!"  "Put that licorice down or you're ejected!"  Do you know what you sound like?  Your ancestors who fought in WWI and WWII would not believe it.

Never go full Rider!
TBURGESS

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2021, 01:09:26 PM »

Fans and officers are going to dictate to me how fast I eat my popcorn?  What are they going to say?  "Eat your popcorn faster you heathen!"  "No you can't take another sip until halftime!"  "Put that licorice down or you're ejected!"  Do you know what you sound like?  Your ancestors who fought in WWI and WWII would not believe it.
Of course they won't do that. The governments and business expect people to do the right thing. When they don't, nothing happens to them.

The guys who fought in WWI would completely understand the need to mask up because of the 1918 and on pandemic. Note they had a wear a mask or go to jail law at the time. The WWII guys understand the need for people to do the right thing what they don't don't understand the 'I don't wanna do it' crowd.

You're part of the problem that's causing the rest of us to have mask up for years instead of months.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pigskin

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2021, 06:23:30 PM »

I see the covid case numbers have went up the last two days in Manitoba. I hope we can control this before it gets, out of control again.

blue_or_die

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2021, 06:30:38 PM »

I see the covid case numbers have went up the last two days in Manitoba. I hope we can control this before it gets, out of control again.

More than likely we will be swept into the chaos and lockdowns other provinces are just getting into eventually. Things look very, very bad for the CFL.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2021, 06:39:00 PM »

With Shoppers Drug Mart and Doctor's vaccinating with Astra Z. Things should pickup a bit in Manitoba.

GCn19

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2021, 04:51:46 PM »

I think the possibility of fans in the stands in any meaningful way before Labor Day are extremely remote.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2021, 06:24:30 PM »

Yes, our numbers jumped up again today to 179.

Canada shatters single day Covid record with over 9000 new infections.

Men's World Curling Playoffs postponed due to asymptomatic test results.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 06:27:05 PM by Pigskin » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2021, 04:00:03 PM »

Pharmacy vaccine is opening up... in MB, priority lists for people over 55 are eligible at Sobeys (health conditions, living with people with health conditions) so the wife and I go in on Wed...  AZ first dose...

A lot of people are questioning the AZ vaccine, I am quite happy it is the one I am getting.  I love the fact it was tested in places where varieants were active, and that while the efficacy against getting COVID might be lower than the others (75% vs. 95%), hospitalizations on AZ are zero.  Which is exactly what I want to avoid. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2021, 04:31:14 PM »

Men's World Curling Championship wrapped up with all players wearing masks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: