Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2021, 06:44:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On Time Season Start? (Revised with August 5, 2021 Start)  (Read 10974 times)
3rdand1.5

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2021, 06:04:39 PM »

Pretty embarrassing to put this on the players. They've done enough and are only part of where revenues are spent. League is going to have to be more creative and/or prepare to take some losses this year, simple as that.

Where, they have lost everywhere. What creative solution that all the great minds within the CFL executives have not tried, there is no money.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2021, 08:20:05 PM »

And yet another take on the 2021 CFL season by Michael Ball (a Saskatchewan Roughrider fan/media person).....

michael ball
@ballsy72

31m
My very good sources are telling me that the CFL season realistically won't start till August with training camp opening and the season begins Labour Day wknd. #CFL

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
buckzumhoff

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2021, 08:47:42 PM »

20 per cent cut.  Pay less taxes.  The government should pick up the 20 per cent . Teams cant pay full salaries with no fans.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2021, 03:12:03 AM »

@ballsy72
My very good sources are telling me that the CFL season realistically won't start till August with training camp opening and the season begins Labour Day wknd. #CFL

That's right, keep kicking the can.  If this is what they are really going to do, then I will bet money right now that we won't see any CFL in 2021, and I'd also start betting we won't see CFL ever again.  Nothing will be different in August.  And then the fall/winter season starts the "cases" up again.  It's bass ackwards.  Play in the warm summer!!

And Ballsy isn't just "another fan", he's got some inside skinnies.

So if it get's turned down people can point fingers all they want, blame managers, blame the CFL execs. blame the players, blame Gainer. Another lost season would be detrimental

Oh, I definitely blame Gainer.  Especially creepy-eyed Gainer.

Never go full Rider!
Tee42

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2021, 12:15:17 PM »

There is no confirmed start date other than speculation.  No doubt there will be delays. Its like 2020 dejavu. They should just bite the bullet, put out a date and play, fans or no fans. People are tired of the waiting game. Players are fed up, if this continues the way it is, the players won't play and will continue working their off season jobs. Make a decision take the loss, or lose the league altogether.
Blue In BC

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2021, 12:50:58 PM »

And yet another take on the 2021 CFL season by Michael Ball (a Saskatchewan Roughrider fan/media person).....

michael ball
@ballsy72

31m

That late a start would be the end IMO. You can't compress 18 games into what's left before weather is a massive issue. The CFL won't be playing in December - January to extend the 18 game schedule. That's NFL time.

A late start and a partial season could mean further losses to players salaries.

I don't like where this is headed.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TBURGESS

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2021, 02:05:32 PM »

The CFL brass keeps saying they're going to start on time, but the pandemic will tell the CFL when they can and can't start the season with fans in the stands. If they start late, the number of games played will go down. Playing on prairies in December and January is nuts.

Asking for the people who have already taken pay cuts to take even more in order to start the season on time shows that the top brass can't read the room. The players and coaches have already taken their share of the pain as have the people who work, or in this case don't work, at the stadiums. Additional cost cutting has to come from somewhere other than employees salaries.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Tee42

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2021, 03:04:36 PM »

I agree. In 2020 they said we will do all we can do get on the field, and then... canceled. These delays  seem to b :(e heading in the same direction. That's why I said, take the loss or lose it all. Sad
blue_or_die

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2021, 05:41:03 PM »

That's right, keep kicking the can.  If this is what they are really going to do, then I will bet money right now that we won't see any CFL in 2021, and I'd also start betting we won't see CFL ever again.  Nothing will be different in August.  And then the fall/winter season starts the "cases" up again.  It's bass ackwards.  Play in the warm summer!!

Things should be different, with many people vaccinated. Are enough vaccinated is the question.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
TBURGESS

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2021, 06:37:10 PM »

Things should be different, with many people vaccinated. Are enough vaccinated is the question.
It also depends on which vaccine and how many shots they've had.

AstraZenica says they are 76% effective after saying 79% on Monday (The Data and Safety Monitoring Board says it's really between 69-74%). Moderna says 94%. Note that both efficacy's are based on 2 shots 4 weeks apart, which isn't what our governments are doing. 

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pigskin

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2021, 06:52:21 PM »

Manitoba was at 9.2% yesterday. I get my first shot on April 6th. I am hoping for Moderna, but as we all know you don't get a choice.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
barrywpg

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2021, 08:01:37 PM »

Manitoba was at 9.2% yesterday. I get my first shot on April 6th. I am hoping for Moderna, but as we all know you don't get a choice.

Where are you getting yours - mine is apr 5 at con center - confirmation email said Pfizer
blue_or_die

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2021, 08:05:04 PM »

It also depends on which vaccine and how many shots they've had.

AstraZenica says they are 76% effective after saying 79% on Monday (The Data and Safety Monitoring Board says it's really between 69-74%). Moderna says 94%. Note that both efficacy's are based on 2 shots 4 weeks apart, which isn't what our governments are doing. 

What I'm getting at is, do we have a total level of vaccination such that we have herd immunity or any other sufficiently reasonable level done on the population. So yes I suppose that factors in "how immune" the population actually is based on efficacy and variant persistence, etc.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2021, 08:35:04 PM »

OK, they've just OK'd a 7 day quarantine with testing for NHL players traded... so that should be an easy extension to CFL players coming in... most of them should be vaccinated anyways by then, the US has far too much vaccine and won't share...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2021, 08:39:20 PM »

OK, they've just OK'd a 7 day quarantine with testing for NHL players traded... so that should be an easy extension to CFL players coming in... most of them should be vaccinated anyways by then, the US has far too much vaccine and won't share...

A lot of ridiculous assumptions there.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: