Blue Bombers Forum
June 12, 2021, 07:53:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Molson Coors beverage company and Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce new partnership  (Read 2645 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2021, 05:49:30 PM »

Old people are the CFL's bread and butter fans.

Yes, absolutely, but I was responding to the person who thought this was a move to appease and attract younger fans.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GCn19

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2021, 04:09:40 PM »

Yes, absolutely, but I was responding to the person who thought this was a move to appease and attract younger fans.

For sure. I have been in the hospitality industry for many years and can unequivocally say that Bud Light is the preferred domestic light beer among millenials and it is isn't even a contest really. In my businesses BL is 62% of all domestic beer sales and that % is probably 20% higher among millenials. In fact, Coors Light isn't even number 2 in that segment. The only beers that are even on the radar from Molson are Banquet and MGD...and MGD is an Inbev/ Labatt brand that is distributed by Molson to appease the anti-trust overlords. The only people I see regularly drinking CL are 40-60 year old blue collar worker types and even they don't drink much of it. Craft is the biggest grower year over year right now and is attracting a ton of millenials.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:12:59 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Waffler

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2021, 04:17:09 PM »

Do we argue if they should take Investors Group money for naming rights?  Who ever pays the most. Sold.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2021, 01:58:54 PM »

Just play some football!! I'll drink trough water!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
GCn19

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2021, 05:55:43 PM »

Just play some football!! I'll drink trough water!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

True dat. If it's a choice between Coors Light or no CFL this year I will go stock up on TP at Costco and plug my nose and choke down that brutal Molson beer.

Ducky

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2021, 06:07:18 PM »

Marketting is great, money is great, but Coors light?  I guess it is a beer of the target market for new fans, but for die hards... well...

Funny story, I remember 20+ years ago being in a divey strip bar with my dad and my soon to be ex brother-in-law, my dad orders his rye, I had a Black Label (yeah, I know, but this was before it was beatnik), and Bro orders a Coors Light.  Waitress (who could have taken anyone at the table 2 falls out of 3) looks him up and down and says "Whassamatta Boy, you jes lernin how to drink?" 

We all burst out laughing at him, and he switches to "Just a Coors, then".  She nods and heads off to fetch our libations...

So, when someone says "Coors Light", I immediately think of her response...

That is awesome.
Sec227

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2021, 01:55:12 AM »

Hate to say it. Might need a "thank you" fans cheap beer night or two when the league comes back. I get it cost revenue etc But would look great on the club. And I get both everyone wants beer. Then free pop etc. SOMETHING
GCn19

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2021, 02:06:37 AM »

Hate to say it. Might need a "thank you" fans cheap beer night or two when the league comes back. I get it cost revenue etc But would look great on the club. And I get both everyone wants beer. Then free pop etc. SOMETHING

If its Molson they cant price it cheap enuff. Sorry...still po about this. I always joked to my Rider fan friends that Molson pee water was the perfect beverage to serve in a stadium shaped like a toilet bowl. You dont wanna hear the jokes they are now returning my way. Next thing will be a date your sister ticket special and wear your green jersey night.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 02:11:08 AM by GCn19 » Logged

Sec227

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2021, 03:10:53 AM »

If its Molson they cant price it cheap enuff. Sorry...still po about this. I always joked to my Rider fan friends that Molson pee water was the perfect beverage to serve in a stadium shaped like a toilet bowl. You dont wanna hear the jokes they are now returning my way. Next thing will be a date your sister ticket special and wear your green jersey night.
Ironically my territory is Sask. And LOTS and LOTS of them would die for coors light instead of Pil Country. lol. I was actually talking this topic this week. lol
TecnoGenius

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2021, 06:03:36 AM »

Classic SCTV hosers:

skip to 6:15 (but the whole skit is great)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpyO9kBDbtM

You guys are fighting over all this beer, but I'm with Brian Johns, "I'll have a pepsi".  A buddy of mine (strangely enough was as big as Candy), long ago, when we were out at bars would do the exact John Candy thing to me every single time I ordered something "sissy" (which admittedly was a lot).  P.S. My dad used to stock the house with CC and OV, etc.  Those were the days.  Candy bought into the Argos shortly thereafter, some of the best years for the Boatmen.

Never go full Rider!
Sec223

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2021, 11:59:02 AM »

Molson has more than enough selection keep the beer snobs happy. What people should be looking at is why Labatt jumped ship. Out bid ? Highly doubt it.
GCn19

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2021, 12:03:32 PM »

Molson has more than enough selection keep the beer snobs happy. What people should be looking at is why Labatt jumped ship. Out bid ? Highly doubt it.

I doubt it too. Labatt walked away, I would bet money on it. I did hear from my Labatt rep a couple years ago that they were having a tough time working with the CFL in general but it didn't sound like a deal breaker.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2021, 01:24:13 PM »

To me Coors is an old person beer.

Coors is the new Club/OV.
DarkDays

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2021, 05:13:53 PM »

Meh.  Trading InBev for Molson Coors.  One nasty multinational beer Death Star for another.  As with a number of things with the Game Day experience, the ball club will do anything to balance the books...

I'd love if the contract allowed an exception for Liquor Marts (probably no longer a club sponsor) to host a craft beer kiosk somewhere in the stadium, featuring Manitoba Beer.  I'd be all over a tap of Half Pints Bikey McBikeface in summer, Stir Stick Stout in October.

I know in my gut that such is not the case.  Coors Light up the whazoo, astroturf craft beers at a "craft kiosk" in the end zones.

No worries.  My "one drink a half" tipple will be canned chardonnay, I guess.

"I think we're done here." 
                                   - Ross Tucker
DarkDays

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2021, 05:18:00 PM »

Can't help myself...  As Monty Python's Australian Philosophers would ask;

"Why is Coors Light like making love in a canoe..?."

No need to answer.... 

"I think we're done here." 
                                   - Ross Tucker
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: