Blue Bombers Forum
June 25, 2021, 08:20:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Molson Coors beverage company and Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce new partnership  (Read 2859 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: March 10, 2021, 06:11:52 AM »

Molson Coors beverage company and Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce new partnership

Molson Coors becomes the Club's official beer partner, with Coors Light at the helm

WINNIPEG, MB., March 9, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce a new multi-year partnership with Molson Coors Beverage Company that will proudly leverage their vast portfolio of iconic beers and new beverage brands. The partnership will broaden the in-stadium beverage menu and Coors Light will enhance the fan experience as the new official beer of the Blue Bombers.

"We're very excited to have a partner that resonates so well with Canadian sports and has a tried-and-true track record of engaging their fans," said Wade Miller, President & CEO for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  "Together we will be able to offer fans a wider range of beverages. We are thrilled to work with Molson Coors, who have been all-in from the very first meeting."

New in-game promotions will now be presented by Coors Light, allowing fans access to many perks like the Season ticket member spotlight contest where Coors Light will award a prize pack to the biggest Blue Bombers fans.

"The Coors Light mountains will definitely be turning blue for the Blue Bombers," said Steve Zmudczynski, National Vice Partnerships at Molson Coors. "It's an honour to partner with Manitoba's proud CFL team and to play a role in how fans will enjoy their game for years to come. This is a huge priority for us in the province, and we plan to show up in Blue in-stadium and out."

About Molson Coors Beverage Company

For over two centuries Molson Coors has been brewing beverages that unite people to celebrate all life's moments. From Coors Light, Miller Lite, Molson Canadian, Carling, and Staropramen to Coors Banquet, Blue Moon Belgian White, Blue Moon LightSky, Vizzy, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, Creemore Springs, Hop Valley and more, Molson Coors produces many beloved and iconic beer brands. While the company's history is rooted in beer, Molson Coors offers a modern portfolio that expands beyond the beer aisle as well. The company's commitment to raising industry standards and leaving a positive imprint on our employees, consumers, communities, and the environment is reflected in Our Imprint and our 2025 sustainability targets. To learn more about Molson Coors Beverage Company, visit www.molsoncoors.com, www.MolsonCoorsOurImprint.com or on Twitter through @MolsonCoors.

About The Winnipeg Blue Bombers

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are a professional football team based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Founded in 1930 as the Winnipeg Football Club, the Blue Bombers are members of the West Division of the Canadian Football League and play their home games at IG Field. The Club has won the league's Grey Cup Championship 11 times since its inception. 

Media Contacts:
Molson Coors Beverage Company
Frederic Bourgeois-LeBlanc
+1 (514) 318-7071
frederic.bourgeoisleblanc@molsoncoors.com

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Darren Cameron
(204) 292-9587
dcameron@bluebombers.com

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
theaardvark

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 06:06:42 PM »

Marketting is great, money is great, but Coors light?  I guess it is a beer of the target market for new fans, but for die hards... well...

Funny story, I remember 20+ years ago being in a divey strip bar with my dad and my soon to be ex brother-in-law, my dad orders his rye, I had a Black Label (yeah, I know, but this was before it was beatnik), and Bro orders a Coors Light.  Waitress (who could have taken anyone at the table 2 falls out of 3) looks him up and down and says "Whassamatta Boy, you jes lernin how to drink?" 

We all burst out laughing at him, and he switches to "Just a Coors, then".  She nods and heads off to fetch our libations...

So, when someone says "Coors Light", I immediately think of her response...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 06:53:39 PM »

Marketting is great, money is great, but Coors light?  I guess it is a beer of the target market for new fans, but for die hards... well...

Funny story, I remember 20+ years ago being in a divey strip bar with my dad and my soon to be ex brother-in-law, my dad orders his rye, I had a Black Label (yeah, I know, but this was before it was beatnik), and Bro orders a Coors Light.  Waitress (who could have taken anyone at the table 2 falls out of 3) looks him up and down and says "Whassamatta Boy, you jes lernin how to drink?" 

We all burst out laughing at him, and he switches to "Just a Coors, then".  She nods and heads off to fetch our libations...

So, when someone says "Coors Light", I immediately think of her response...

Target market for new fans? What new fans are drinking Coors Light? Or Coors? Or any of the generic corn water macros?

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Robbie

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 07:02:11 PM »

Not too impressed by this announcement, my whole life I have never bought Molson products because the Bombers were always aligned with Labatt's.

BC Sucks!
bluengold204

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 08:25:59 PM »

Target market for new fans? What new fans are drinking Coors Light? Or Coors? Or any of the generic corn water macros?

Yup newer/younger fans are into the craft beers, not the piss water the mainstream breweries are pushing out.
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »

Yes, hipsters want craft beer... the masses that fall for advertising, and are watching calories, but stuff like Coors Light...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 09:16:22 PM »

Yes, hipsters want craft beer... the masses that fall for advertising, and are watching calories, but stuff like Coors Light...

The craft beer scene went way beyond hipsters some years ago. The issue is craft breweries are predominantly independently operated and don't have the financial clout of multinational corporations like Molson Coors or AB InBev to even entertain the idea of partnering with sports leagues to sell and advertise their products.

Craft breweries also offer calorie-friendly and lighter brews, BTW.

This partnership doesn't surprise me. But it doesn't impress me, either.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
GCn19

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 06:44:52 AM »

Bombers just lost 8 season tickets. I can't stomach Molson products and if I can't drink beer I'm out. Unless they expand the craft and price it reasonably.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »

Weren't you guys always hatin' on Bud all these years?  Now you can hate on Coors.  What's the difference?  (Remember, I don't drink!)

I think it's great that in this environment of uncertainty the WFC gets a big deal made!  You'd think all the vendors would be scared off and we'd have to offer all sorts of discounts and concessions to entice vendors/sponsors.

Now, get some slurpee vendors in the stadium... that I could go for!  Even at late Oct games... 1L of slurpee for $6-$7 would win me over.

Never go full Rider!
Stretch

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 02:55:44 PM »

Bombers just lost 8 season tickets. I can't stomach Molson products and if I can't drink beer I'm out. Unless they expand the craft and price it reasonably.

I know you're joking......right?  Huh

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_or_die

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 06:57:16 PM »

I'm just thinking of all the young people I know and none of them are heading to the bottle shop to buy Coors. My grandma and uncles do. To me Coors is an old person beer.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Jesse

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 07:41:01 PM »

I'm just thinking of all the young people I know and none of them are heading to the bottle shop to buy Coors. My grandma and uncles do. To me Coors is an old person beer.

The only people I know who drink Coors are my in-laws.

But obviously these large piss water beer companies still vastly outsell anything else. So lots of people are still buying/drinking it.

I am obviously happy the Bombers were able to come to a deal - I simply wish/hope they didn't come with exclusivity clauses so the Bombers could also expand the local products. Most people will still buy the cheaper product - but many of us will pay more for lcoal/quality product as well.

My wife is amazing!
TBURGESS

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 10:31:27 PM »

Old people are the CFL's bread and butter fans.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 10:58:33 PM »

Old people still drink beer right?
GCn19

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 01:25:24 AM »

I know you're joking......right?  Huh

Joking no...exaggerating perhaps. I will not give up my season tix because of this but am thoroughly disappointed in this decision. I was not joking, there is something in the Molson brewing process that I can't stomach. One Molson beer of any sort and I am glued to the toilet for hours. This is extremely disappointing to me. Off to the Rum Hut I guess.....

This had to be more of a decision by Labatt to cut costs then the Bombers. The Bombers would have to be crazy to end a decades old association with the biggest and most marketable beer branding in the world and trade it in for a company that is almost at the brink of insolvency.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:28:47 AM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: