Blue Bombers Forum
July 24, 2021, 01:13:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you pay per game to watch CFL online?  (Read 2125 times)
Blue_midnight

« on: February 24, 2021, 06:55:06 PM »

Hi,

How much would you pay per game to watch the Bombers (and / or other teams) play online?

Personally, I would pay $30 per game. It?d be nice to get a deal if you paid for all 18 games in advance, like $25/ game.

I wouldn?t pay to watch games that the Bombers weren?t in.

I?m curious as to how much Bomber / CFL fans would be willing to pay and if that would be enough to keep the league afloat. I haven?t see the CFL doing any polling asking similar type questions.
Pigskin

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 07:07:19 PM »

Anywhere from $39.95 - $79.95 per game.
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 07:24:01 PM »

Question seems moot. Telus and probably Shaw offer TSN as part of a sports package. I think I pay $6 or $7 a month to include that as part of my cable deal with Telus.

That allows me access to all CFL games.

Where in Canada do fans not have that kind of access to CFL games that would require a separate " Pay for View " concept?

No more excuses.
Tee42

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 08:07:27 PM »

The TSN Go app is $25.99 a month. I would pay up to $25.00 per game. Maybe sell the season as a lump sum and pay extra for playoffs and Grey Cup.
Waffler

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 08:33:45 PM »

25 is too much per game. I like watching other teams too. Would have to be a package for all games. Not sure what I would pay though.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 08:36:02 PM »

How much would I pay for 80 games plus playoffs over what is already in my package?  $30 a month max, and no Rod Black.  30 a game?  Nope.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 06:59:38 AM »

I think OP means in a theoretical sense.  No point rehashing the "TSN can't do it", yada yada, what-ifs.

I would happily pay $20/game to watch my team.  I would also pay $10/game to watch the other teams.  I really like watching my 4 CFL games every week.  I probably get as much pleasure out of watching non-Bomber games because I don't have to get nervous the whole time!!  Cheesy

That's $50/week on non-bye weeks.  That's actually quite a lot of moolah a month, hence why I didn't say more.  People saying more need to think this through in terms of total cost per month or season!

But while many of us here would pay a fair penny to watch, there's not enough of us to finance the game.  The GC replays on youtube and their abysmal views counts (when it's free!) are an indication of that.  Nope, gonna need normal TSN TV airing and butts in the stands!!  Git'er done!

Never go full Rider!
Sec223

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »

I pay $40 for the Moose package. A lot more games than the Bombers. Before Sunday ticket I would pay $10 a game to watch the Tennessee Titans games so I'd probably go up to 20 to watch the Bombers. If we're talking 18 games (we'll see) that's $360 for the season. 15000 people pay that and bam 5.4 million. I'm sure the league takes a good cut but the Bombers wouldn't have a huge home game staff to pay. They would lose money on food and beer however. Perhaps limited fans in the stands plus an optional TV package for those that aren't comfortable going or can't be one of the limited number. Lots of Bomber fans across the country would be pay. At the end of the day nothing beats a Bomber home game with 30,000 fans.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:51:17 AM by Sec223 » Logged
GCn19

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 12:43:28 PM »

Make games involving local teams (100 mile radius around WPG) accessible by PPV only and all other games free. I would pay 20 bucks.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »

$0 for me. I pay for TSN Go during the CFL season then cancel it. PPV is a non starter for TSN and for most fans too.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
theaardvark

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 02:31:00 PM »

Paying for "pay per view" will raise fewer $ than the present TSN $5mil/team contract.... and you cannot do both...

The additional product promotion advertising on jerseys is an easy way to add incremental income, as long as it is done tastefully and selectively.... please, no "My Pillow" ads... or ED meds...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »

If we are just talking "what's your number" and not "re-hashing the TSN-can't-do-it" (because there is an existing TSN contract that generates more revenue than any PPV program ever would and you obviously can't have both), then my number is $100 per Bomber game.

The Bomber games are sacred to me and I would pay my money and not let anything interrupt me from watching. I have my own beer and food supply at home that saves me money from going out to games or out for wings and beer to watch sports, so it's entirely worth it to me.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 08:32:24 PM »

If we are just talking "what's your number" and not "re-hashing the TSN-can't-do-it" (because there is an existing TSN contract that generates more revenue than any PPV program ever would and you obviously can't have both), then my number is $100 per Bomber game.

The Bomber games are sacred to me and I would pay my money and not let anything interrupt me from watching. I have my own beer and food supply at home that saves me money from going out to games or out for wings and beer to watch sports, so it's entirely worth it to me.

So, blackout local games and hold locals hostage?  They used to do that, no? 

Most of us pay $100+ for home games... between tickets, parking, concessions, babysitting, etc... and we do that mainly for the love of the team.  I think, in the times of COVID, the number we'd be willing to spend for a day out might even go up a little more... but that is a different story.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 06:48:06 AM »

Maybe CFL should start a gofundme!  Guarantee that if they raise $10M they give us a full season.  Don't reach the goal and everyone gets their money back.

(Half) Joking

Never go full Rider!
The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 02:22:45 PM »

How much would you pay per game to watch the Bombers (and / or other teams) play online?

$0 for me. I pay for TSN Go during the CFL season then cancel it. PPV is a non starter for TSN and for most fans too.

Hold up, you say you would pay $0 then go on to explain you pay for TSN Go to watch CFL games. So what does TSN Go cost?
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: