Blue Bombers Forum
June 12, 2021, 07:13:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Draft - Top Rated Picks  (Read 3515 times)
Horseman

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2021, 05:44:46 PM »

With all of the draft picks already in hand from last year, teams may elect to draft the players scheduled to be in the NFL draft, that way they do not have to pay them now but perhaps in a year or two.
CrazyCanuck89

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2021, 01:44:28 PM »

Lokombo would be a nice pick, but at #3??? I think the Bombers will go with Amen Ogbongbemiga, or Joseph, if they can wait a year or two.  Stevens, or Diallo at #3 if there looking for right now.

It's really going to depend on were Ogbongemiga is picked in the NFL draft. I've seen one mock where he is picked in the the 3rd and others where he is picked in the 5th.  Someone posted an interview of Kyle Walter's over on the Riders forum.  In it, he basically says that he learned from his days as an GM to not pick guys high in the CFL draft, who have huge NFL interests.
Pigskin

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2021, 03:27:21 PM »

May 4th is the CFL draft. 7 pm TSN.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:04:21 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2021, 06:48:13 PM »

It's really going to depend on were Ogbongemiga is picked in the NFL draft. I've seen one mock where he is picked in the the 3rd and others where he is picked in the 5th.  Someone posted an interview of Kyle Walter's over on the Riders forum.  In it, he basically says that he learned from his days as an GM to not pick guys high in the CFL draft, who have huge NFL interests.

The OL is really the only position where we don't specifically need more depth. If it turns out that the best player available is an OL that might be what we do. We drafted 2 Global choices at OL.

As I mentioned with the Global draft I'd think our focus would be on the defensive side of the ball adding depth. OTOH we could use some depth for our Canadian receiver positions as well.

Adding a DB would make me happy due to not much current depth or experience at the moment.

I have no idea what the Bomber choice list looks like though.

Will be fun to see how close mock draft choices look across the CFL and actual picks.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: