Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2021, 01:50:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2020-2021  (Read 37781 times)
ichabod_crane

« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2021, 08:19:01 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS TRANSACTIONS

WINNIPEG, MB., July 9, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following roster transactions:

Defensive end Royce LaFrance, who dressed for the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 2017, was released, while defensive end Patrick Choujda, who played for the Calgary Stampeders in 2019, was moved to the retired list.

No more "Clam" Choujda?! Guess he moved back to the Maritimes or New England! Cheesy
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2021, 10:09:50 PM »

QUICK HITS - TC JULY 13, 2021

4. WELCOME ABOARD: The Bombers added a new import RB on Tuesday in Devonte Williams. He was an All-Southland Conference punt returner in 2018 at Southeastern Louisiana and, prior to that, played two seasons at Indiana where he ranked sixth on the Hoosiers all-time kickoff return yards list.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/07/13/quick-hits-tc-july-13-2021/

DM83

« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2021, 11:22:58 PM »

So I wonder if he could could carry the rock, or. Just is a returner.?

Who has some film on him? Could be a great opportunity.  Would he be the only American RB on the roster?
NewBlue

« Reply #333 on: July 14, 2021, 11:56:39 AM »

I believe he is the only American.  Small guy, and apparently he can catch good so he might be in a fight more with Nelson/Grant as oppossed to fighting for a strictly RB spot.

I miss little Charlie!  Hopefully this guy can remind a few of him.
GCn19

« Reply #334 on: July 14, 2021, 01:47:52 PM »

So I wonder if he could could carry the rock, or. Just is a returner.?

Who has some film on him? Could be a great opportunity.  Would he be the only American RB on the roster?

A replacement for the departed Lucky Whitehead.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #335 on: July 14, 2021, 02:11:45 PM »

A replacement for the departed Lucky Whitehead.

I guess they need another healthy body to take some reps in TC. With Harris being rested and Augustine nicked at the moment.

The reality is that Williams might even have a difficult time making the PR later on. Unless some or our Canadian RB's actually end up on the IR, we'll be backing up Harris with a Canadian.

Williams isn't likely going to beat our any of the receivers. So I don't see a real need to keep him on the PR.

Too bad in a certain sense since he sounds like a decent RB for a team employing an import starter.

Would like to hear more about Augustine's injury and how Oliveria and Borsa are doing with the extra reps.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 02:18:13 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #336 on: July 14, 2021, 03:21:30 PM »

Are there any official cut down dates?  Usually there was one after the 1st pre season game. I can't see going until a few days before the 1st regular season game with 100 players.

I expected to lose 5 or 6 players this week as TC moves towards actual practice today rather than " cautionary warm ups ", for the first few days.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2021, 12:36:27 PM »

WINNIPEG, MB., July 17, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following roster transactions:

Added to roster:
American offensive lineman Drew Richmond (6-5, 315, USC, January 2, 1996 in Memphis, TN)

Released from roster:

American offensive lineman Nolan Ulizio

Transferred to retired list:

National defensive lineman Zach Houghron

Blue In BC

« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2021, 03:43:09 PM »

WINNIPEG, MB., July 17, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following roster transactions:

Added to roster:
American offensive lineman Drew Richmond (6-5, 315, USC, January 2, 1996 in Memphis, TN)

Released from roster:

American offensive lineman Nolan Ulizio

Transferred to retired list:

National defensive lineman Zach Houghron

CFL.CA says Houghron was transferred to suspended list?  Either way it suggests whatever chances he may have had are disappearing quickly. Retiring during TC and before cut down? Odd.

If suspended that might suggest a covid protocol issue?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 03:49:31 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
NewBlue

« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2021, 05:43:52 PM »

You'd have to think something wasn't good as we're in need of a couple National DT's after Griffith being done.  Job's there for the taking. 
Looks good right now for this Dheilly kid.
Blue In BC

« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2021, 07:50:49 PM »

You'd have to think something wasn't good as we're in need of a couple National DT's after Griffith being done.  Job's there for the taking. 
Looks good right now for this Dheilly kid.

Losing Griffiths earlier didn't help. Kongbo is the same size as Houghron so we'll still have 2 Canadian options on the DL. Several of our imports have scene duty at DT at times.

We may pick up another depth player after some cuts are made across the league. Realistically it's more for the PR than the AR expectation.

Dheilly stands a good chance to stick but there might not even be room on the AR for him. Roster reduction to 44 from 46 didn't help.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 07:54:32 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
NewBlue

« Reply #341 on: July 18, 2021, 12:07:56 PM »

I think the original plan was to have Kongbo rotate in at DE with the J's, while we start 1 National at DT and have 1 National back him up.

Since Griffiths leaving I know they mentioned that Kongbo has the versatility to play both positions, but I think they'll still want his speed on the outside. So in an ideal world we still need another Canadian DT. Do we keep the kid we drafted, or pickup a castoff?  I guess that depend on how Dheilly looks, but you'd have to think his prospects just got better.

We also have Hansen & Antigha that will likely slot in at DT occasionally.
Blue In BC

« Reply #342 on: July 18, 2021, 12:30:28 PM »

I think the original plan was to have Kongbo rotate in at DE with the J's, while we start 1 National at DT and have 1 National back him up.

Since Griffiths leaving I know they mentioned that Kongbo has the versatility to play both positions, but I think they'll still want his speed on the outside. So in an ideal world we still need another Canadian DT. Do we keep the kid we drafted, or pickup a castoff?  I guess that depend on how Dheilly looks, but you'd have to think his prospects just got better.

I believe they will keep Dheilly but most likely on the PR. He seems to be another DE type which is fine.

As you mentioned Hansen and Antigua can slot in at DT at times. We may see more 34 defenses or 3 DE's in a 43 that we used in 2019. I do expect a DI that is a DI as well.

If another Canadian DT comes free during cut downs we may add him to the PR.

We'll see how the roster breaks down for Canadians by position.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #343 on: July 18, 2021, 01:04:14 PM »

I haven't talked CFL ratio or football in so long I've completely forgotten the rules, but are the Bombers still setup for 6 Natls. on O and 1 on D as before?  Does a Global slot in as a Natl. as in, Hansen for Jake?  Also did the CFL go forward with the 5 years experience to become a Natl. rule for CFL vets and if so who are the Bombers "fake Natls"?  Right off the cuff, I believe Bryant, Hardrick and Adams would probably qualify, if so it would make the balance of the ratio and the discussion of it's nuances almost irrelevant.
Blue In BC

« Reply #344 on: July 18, 2021, 01:16:28 PM »

I haven't talked CFL ratio or football in so long I've completely forgotten the rules, but are the Bombers still setup for 6 Natls. on O and 1 on D as before?  Does a Global slot in as a Natl. as in, Hansen for Jake?  Also did the CFL go forward with the 5 years experience to become a Natl. rule for CFL vets and if so who are the Bombers "fake Natls"?  Right off the cuff, I believe Bryant, Hardrick and Adams would probably qualify, if so it would make the balance of the ratio and the discussion of it's nuances almost irrelevant.

Yes, 6 Canadians on offense and 1 on defense still seems to be the plan.
No, a global can't slot in for a Canadian from a point of view.

IDK about the fake national rule. That never made any sense. I think it's a rule that doesn't change anything. IE: I think you have to start 3 fake nationals that are actually imports. Still have to start 7 actual Canadians.

Not sure what that actually changes aside from calling imports, nationals.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: