Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2021, 02:02:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2020-2021  (Read 37795 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2021, 04:19:49 AM »

We have the # 3 pick in the 2021 draft. That could be an important decision.

How on earth did we get that?

Plus, we flip to Nat on P/K...

But doesn't NAT P/K only help us on the DI situation?  AFAIK it doesn't help us on the "starting 7" problem...  I'd still prefer Meddy.

For the record, I am all in to sign Muamba and move Bighill to WIL, but don't expect it to happen.

No way we can afford Muamba + Bighill (though it would be a dream team).  Besides, I like Wilson at WILL.

KW must have some ace in the hole having let Petermann walk.  Maybe JA or Oliveira is ready for the next step in Mafia's eyes.  Maybe there's a good lead on some O NAT we don't know about yet.  Other than that it would sure hurt if Demski or Woli went down.  Demski is fast approaching CFL superstar material.

Never go full Rider!
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2021, 01:27:24 PM »

How on earth did we get that?

Based on the random selection format decided by the league a while after the 2020 season was cancelled.

IIRC, it was also cut down from eight rounds to six.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Blue In BC

« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2021, 01:56:32 PM »

The way too early rankings have the Bombers rated as the # 2 team in the CFL. That's reasonable IMO.

Overall our roster looks pretty good but it's a little early to see how the final roster will shape up. A few imports will make the roster as DI's and a few Canadian draft choices will as well.

Depth is important and there will always be some questions about how the new players do when called to perform.

The secondary is an unknown factor with 2 new players going to start.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 02:27:28 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2021, 07:50:05 PM »

Retained the entire O, plus added Mitchell...

Lost significant D parts in the secondary and Kongbo, but kept the bookend Jeffs and the LB Corps... so might be some new blood, and maybe some NFL players return if they can' stick down there... nothing like a one year deal and a shot at another GC to pad the resume...  far better than kicking around PR's... except of course for the money...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue Guess Who

« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2021, 02:38:55 AM »

What up with draft pick O'Leary-Orange not signed yet?  Hopefully, just a delay of some sort ?

With the loss of Petermann, maybe more NI receivers needed for TC competition? (and IMO undrafted FA signing Macho Bockru might prove a real diamond in the rough type - CanWest all-star from the Bisons)

Could select a receiver in the upcoming draft ?

OR - could wait on other teams' early TC cut-downs to scoop a decent prospect or two ?

The EE Schmoes in particular - have accumulated a whopping 9 Canadian receivers on their current roster:  including 4 with CFL starting experience - T. Smith (emerged as a good starter as a rookie last season);  Mike Jones (one big season with the Ticats) and vets Anthony Parker & Jimmy Ralph;  plus their own former draft picks - Harry McMaster, Shai Ross (Bisons grad), Hunter Karl;  and a couple of other guys drafted by other CFL teams - Dan Vanderoort (BC 1st rounder) and Malik Richards (Bomber 5th rounder in 19)

No way the EE can retain most of those receivers, so they have to cut (or trade /) some of them - Vandervoort and Karl in particular are guys who might be long shots there, but could be good targets (with very good potential IMO) to be snapped up by another CFL team in need ?  The Ticats are quite thin now as well for Canadian receivers; the RedBlacks too = so there might be some competition for other team cuts ?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:49:23 AM by Blue Guess Who » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2021, 05:37:42 PM »

I also wondered about the delay in getting O'Leary-Orange signed but don't expect an issue in that regard.

I don't see a trade happening but a late cut elsewhere could be added at some point during TC or when final rosters are completed.

Those are not particularly good options IMO.

A receiver being drafted is a possibility and I also mentioned developing some current candidates on our roster.

It's a question to be answered at some point.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2021, 03:45:37 PM »

Blue Bombers Transactions

WINNIPEG, MB., March 13, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has released American defensive end Dylan Donahue.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2021, 05:23:49 PM »

We only have 3 veteran players signed beyond the 2021 season. Free agency 2022 will be scary.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2021, 06:37:27 PM »

We only have 3 veteran players signed beyond the 2021 season. Free agency 2022 will be scary.

Signed at this moment.  With the landscape today, I'm surprised we have that many.  No doubt, once things normalize, we will have a LOT of players extending well before FA...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2021, 06:50:23 PM »

Signed at this moment.  With the landscape today, I'm surprised we have that many.  No doubt, once things normalize, we will have a LOT of players extending well before FA...

It will depend on what the 2021 season looks like and hot the financial impact of 2021 turns out.

IIRC we might be headed into the last season of the current CFLPA. If the 2021 season takes a big financial hit that will be all reaching against SMS and even roster size and ratio questions.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2021, 11:03:56 PM »

Blue Bombers Transactions

WINNIPEG, MB., March 13, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has released American defensive end Dylan Donahue.

He never played a game with the team - was originally signed Jan 09 2020.

theaardvark

« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2021, 03:41:48 PM »

He never played a game with the team - was originally signed Jan 09 2020.

So, he is retiring as a Blue Bomber?

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2021, 06:35:00 AM »

So, he is retiring as a Blue Bomber?

At least he didn't get a 70k signing bonus.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2021, 09:32:20 PM »

Darren Cameron   @Darren_Cameron
This afternoon multiple members of our organization spoke with Bryant Mitchell, who informed us of his decision to retire from the game. While we were definitely looking forward to seeing him in Blue & Gold, we certainly respect his decision and wish him & his family the best.

John Hodge  @JohnDHodge
Per source, Mitchell had a $10,000 signing bonus. #Bombers #CFL

Bombers receiver Bryant Mitchell announces his retirement

https://3downnation.com/2021/03/25/bombers-receiver-bryant-mitchell-announces-his-retirement/

MITCHELL ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Bryant Mitchell's days as a member of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are over without his ever stepping on to the field for the club. Signed this past February as a free agent, the veteran receiver informed the club on Thursday that he was retiring from the game.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/03/25/mitchell-announces-retirement/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 08:51:57 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

DM83

« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2021, 03:30:44 PM »

Been too busy lately. So forgive my ignorance.  Is there an up to date depth chart.? Can someone post it? Please and Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: