Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2021, 02:09:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2020-2021  (Read 37803 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2021, 06:15:03 PM »

I am Exume, Latour, Miles, and done. Love Medlock but but at what cost. Also Leggs is suppose to be the real deal so I am okay giving him a shot.

Wasn't there a young Winnipeg Kid that was with the Bomber for a couple weeks last year that was a long snapper.

Are you sure you weren't thinking of Latour? He's the LS for the future at the moment.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue_or_die

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2021, 06:17:03 PM »

I am surprised we haven't brought Thomas Miles back. He's cheap, local, a great STer, a serviceable MLB backup, and great community and team guy.

I'm wondering if he's contemplating moving on from football. I know he was working on an MBA and might have his future opportunity already in the works. With that, I kinda doubt he plays football anywhere else but here.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »

I am surprised we haven't brought Thomas Miles back. He's cheap, local, a great STer, a serviceable MLB backup, and great community and team guy.

I'm wondering if he's contemplating moving on from football. I know he was working on an MBA and might have his future opportunity already in the works. With that, I kinda doubt he plays football anywhere else but here.

I think he mite be thinking about life after football right now. What a way to retire, GC for your hometown team and in great health. Love to see him back. Big part of some of those goal line stands and 3rd down shut downs. 

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2021, 10:44:49 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH DEFENSIVE TACKLE STEVEN RICHARDSON

WINNIPEG, MB., February 5, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with American defensive tackle Steven Richardson on a one-year contract extension. Richardson was scheduled to become a free agent on February 9th.

Richardson originally joined the organization on May 18, 2019 after he had spent the 2018 season on the Los Angeles Chargers` practice roster. He had an impressive first season in the Canadian Football League in 2019, dressing for all 18 games, 14 of them starts, as well as all three playoff contests.

Richardson finished the 2019 season with 25 tackles, two sacks and three tackles for a loss.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/02/05/375658/

RICHARDSON LOOKING TO GROW, IMPROVE IN HIS SECOND CFL SEASON
https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/02/05/richardson-looking-grow-improve-second-cfl-season/

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2021, 10:46:20 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS ADD DEFENSIVE BACK DEATRICK NICHOLS

WINNIPEG, MB., February 5, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the team has signed American cornerback Deatrick Nichols.

Nichols (5-10, 190, South Florida, June 8, 1994 in Miami, FL) was most recently (2020) with the Miami Dolphins. He played two games for Arizona in 2018 and spent the 2019 offseason with the Cardinals. Nichols played for the Houston Roughnecks (XFL) in 2020 and led the league with three interceptions before the remainder of the season was canceled. He originally entered the NFL as an undrafted college free agent with Arizona on May 11, 2018.

Nichols played collegiately at South Florida, starting in his final three seasons, and finished his time there with 175 tackles, 11 interceptions (third most in school history), 24 passes defensed, three forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, one sack and 14.5 tackles for loss in 50 games played.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/02/05/blue-bombers-add-defensive-back-deatrick-nichols/

Pigskin

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2021, 06:10:47 PM »

Back to the bomber roster, I hope Mr. Walter's has a couple of signing left in him before FA starts.

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2021, 04:08:13 PM »

Comments/posts relating to players availability in upcoming free agency have been move to the following thread:

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=53023.90

Please endeavour to keep threads on topic.  Thanks.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pigskin

« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2021, 04:13:38 PM »

Thank you Mr. Mod.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2021, 07:12:56 PM »

Bombers that hit free agency:

John Rush                         
Lucky Whitehead - signed with BC Feb 9                                                           
Daniel Petermann                                         
Julian Feoli-Gudino
Justin Medlock                                         
Chad Rempel                                       
Maxime Latour                                     
Brandon Calver                                           
Thomas Miles                               
Kerfalla Exume     

Transactions:

2021-02-09   WPG   WILLIAMS, Darrell   OL   A   South Florida   Delete From Retired   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   JOHNSON, Jovon   DB   A   Iowa   Delete From Retired   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   WHITEHEAD, Lucky   WR   A   Florida Atlantic   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   RUSH, John   LB   N   Guelph   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   REMPEL, Chad   LS   N   Saskatchewan   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   PETERMANN, Daniel   WR   N   McMaster   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   MILES, Thomas   LB   N   Manitoba   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   MEDLOCK, Justin   K   A   UCLA   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   LATOUR, Maxime   OL   N   Sherbrooke   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   FEOLI GUDINO, Julian   WR   N   Laval   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   EXUME, Kerfalla-Emmanuel   DB   N   Montreal   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2021-02-09   WPG   CALVER, Brandon   LB   N   Wilfrid Laurier   Delete From Active   Free Agent                
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 12:34:03 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2021, 03:13:28 PM »

I like this group of receivers:

Darvin Adams
Kenny Lawler
Bryant Mitchell
Rasheed Bailey
Drew W
Nic Demski

With Collaros healthy and ready to go I think our air attack will be the best in years!!
Blue In BC

« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2021, 03:20:11 PM »

I like this group of receivers:

Darvin Adams
Kenny Lawler
Bryant Mitchell
Rasheed Bailey
Drew W
Nic Demski

With Collaros healthy and ready to go I think our air attack will be the best in years!!

Mitchell is a great addition. We might be able to keep 2 import receivers as DI's ( Grant + 1 TBD ).  It will be usual vigorous TC battle at receiver.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2021, 03:45:17 PM »

Mitchell is a great addition. We might be able to keep 2 import receivers as DI's ( Grant + 1 TBD ).  It will be usual vigorous TC battle at receiver.

I think that is improbable.  Grant is a lock an one DI, I agree with that.  But even assuming Medlock retires, I am thinking the other DI spots will be at DE, LB and DB.    You just couldn't get another DI receiver on the field enough to justify it. 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2021, 04:18:32 PM »

I think that is improbable.  Grant is a lock an one DI, I agree with that.  But even assuming Medlock retires, I am thinking the other DI spots will be at DE, LB and DB.    You just couldn't get another DI receiver on the field enough to justify it. 

Yes it's improbable but it's possible. Like every season, injuries can dictate changes game to game.

In 2021 we're adding a 2nd Global player who is effectively a DI. We already have Hansen and he's a DE so I doubt we have a DI that is a DE. More likely a DT or a LB.

We'll have to see what position the 2nd Global player plays and whether that impacts choices for DI's.

Generally agree 2 receivers is unlikely. What that means for Bailey and Nelson is not as clear.  Neither may be willing to sit on the PR. So the other choice is 1 game IR unless there is an actual TC injury.

While I'm not expecting it, perhaps a draft choice is the " back up " LB or DT.

All this depends on Medlock not returning so that's a ball in the air somewhat.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 04:45:55 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2021, 06:01:10 PM »

Yes it's improbable but it's possible. Like every season, injuries can dictate changes game to game.

In 2021 we're adding a 2nd Global player who is effectively a DI. We already have Hansen and he's a DE so I doubt we have a DI that is a DE. More likely a DT or a LB.

We'll have to see what position the 2nd Global player plays and whether that impacts choices for DI's.

Generally agree 2 receivers is unlikely. What that means for Bailey and Nelson is not as clear.  Neither may be willing to sit on the PR. So the other choice is 1 game IR unless there is an actual TC injury.

While I'm not expecting it, perhaps a draft choice is the " back up " LB or DT.

All this depends on Medlock not returning so that's a ball in the air somewhat.

Fair point about Hansen, but even once he settled in as a DE, we still had Kongbo rotating in at DE.  Before that, Roh dressed as a DI to give us those extra legs for DE.  I expect this year we will start Jefferson and Jeffcoat at the ends with Hansen as the back-up, Thomas and Richardson in the interior, Griffiths as the back-up, and most likely Toby Antigha as the swiss army knife DL as a DI.  He's primarily a DE, but there were lots of sets where we had 4 DEs on the field at once, so I think that continues.

I think there is a good chance our second Global player ends up being a kicker. 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2021, 06:15:56 PM »

Fair point about Hansen, but even once he settled in as a DE, we still had Kongbo rotating in at DE.  Before that, Roh dressed as a DI to give us those extra legs for DE.  I expect this year we will start Jefferson and Jeffcoat at the ends with Hansen as the back-up, Thomas and Richardson in the interior, Griffiths as the back-up, and most likely Toby Antigha as the swiss army knife DL as a DI.  He's primarily a DE, but there were lots of sets where we had 4 DEs on the field at once, so I think that continues.

I think there is a good chance our second Global player ends up being a kicker. 

I'm a little concerned about the DT position. Thomas played well but never was the primary DT. Losing Kongbo at DE hurts and IMO we still need to find out who is the rotational player at DT and in general.

Griffiths or ? are still question marks but that might be the direction we go. We know what we get with Antigua at DE, he's a good player.  That still leaves DT " thinner depth wise " at the moment and unproven.

I'm fairly confidant in Liegghio is the primary kicker but maybe that's where we see a Global added as well.

I joking suggested we find a cousin of Calvillo that is a QB. You never know. lol
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 06:18:55 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: