Blue Bombers Forum
October 26, 2021, 06:55:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2020-2021  (Read 45996 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2021, 06:19:15 PM »

I think it makes sense that some of these FA negotiations will go down to the wire.  We're dealing with more than one candidate for the LS and kicker positions.  It's a "who blinks first" scenario.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pigskin

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2021, 06:33:25 PM »

I think there will be some 11th hour signings, I don't think Mr. Walters is finished yet.

I think Pete is looking for a place where he has a chance to start. I say he ends up in Ottawa.

Exume who is a Montreal boy is probably testing the market.

Medlock never signs early, could retire.

TM has been offered a contact, but could also be looking at retirement. Nice way to go with a GC, playing for your home City. Miles is a big part of Winnipeg and many charities here in the city. Miles also won the Good Guy Award in 2019. 

Richardson probably is looking to get paid, Bombers mite be talking with Nevis this week.

The Herdman brothers are both FA's and are interested in playing at home. Jordan can play MLB, would be a nice backup for AB4.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 06:45:54 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Blue In BC

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2021, 06:36:42 PM »

I think it makes sense that some of these FA negotiations will go down to the wire.  We're dealing with more than one candidate for the LS and kicker positions.  It's a "who blinks first" scenario.

I'd think we'd be signing 2 of the LS's. Miles is back up LB as well as the 3rd option at LS. So I think we sign him and 1 or Latour or Rempel.

Previously I mentioned that I expect Rempel will retire either voluntarily or he'll get pushed. In that sense I'd disagree with the " who blinks " first idea.

7 of our potential free agents are coming off of their ELC's and played less than a full season. There may be other reasons besides money that a player chooses to not return. This isn't a group I'd expect to go down to the wire. None of them are going to get $$$ in free agency.

I would have thought Exume would have been signed long ago as an example.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2021, 06:43:13 PM »

I think there will be some 11th hour signings, I don't think Mr. Walters is finished yet.

I think Pete is looking for a place where he has a chance to start. I say he ends up in Ottawa.

MT has been offered a contact, but could also be looking at retirement. Nice way to go with a GC, playing for your home City.

Richardson probably is looking to get paid, Bombers mite be talking with Nevis this week.

The Herdman brothers are both FA's and are interested in playing at home. Jordan can play MLB, would be a nice backup for AB4.

I agree with most of that. Petermann probably will get interest from Ottawa from Lapo and Nichols. Perhaps Lawler as well if he is returning to CFL.

Who is MT or did you mean Thomas Miles ( TM )? If so retirement could be a possibility but he's not that old and a great ST guy.

I could see Nevis being in the cards if Richardson doesn't return. He may be over playing his hand with less than a full season in his career. Many DL still may reach free agency.

It will become a case of musical chairs for some of these players. There will be more leverage for teams than players IMO.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pigskin

« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2021, 06:53:42 PM »

TM has been offered a contact, but could also be looking at retirement. Nice way to go with a GC, playing for your home City. Miles is a big part of Winnipeg and many charities here in the city. Miles also won the Good Guy Award in 2019. 

AB4 and TM52 are the Bombers Player Reps for the CFLPA.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:16:10 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2021, 01:06:19 PM »

Nevis or perhaps even Sewell.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2021, 01:07:24 PM »

I agree with most of that. Petermann probably will get interest from Ottawa from Lapo and Nichols. Perhaps Lawler as well if he is returning to CFL.

Who is MT or did you mean Thomas Miles ( TM )? If so retirement could be a possibility but he's not that old and a great ST guy.

I could see Nevis being in the cards if Richardson doesn't return. He may be over playing his hand with less than a full season in his career. Many DL still may reach free agency.

It will become a case of musical chairs for some of these players. There will be more leverage for teams than players IMO.

Petermann will get a ton of interest if he hits FA. He is ready for FT work.

Jesse

« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2021, 04:47:42 PM »

Nevis or perhaps even Sewell.

I was wondering about that myself - it seems like a Walters move.

Seems so ridiculous though.

My wife is amazing!
Blue In BC

« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2021, 05:47:44 PM »

I was wondering about that myself - it seems like a Walters move.

Seems so ridiculous though.

Richardson would be much less expensive in theory and played well. Nevis will be more expensive but how much more I don't know. Sewell will be the most expensive of the 3. I'd be happy with any of those 3 unless it costs us elsewhere?

It's always a domino situation, SMS versus availability with multiple positions in the mix.

Our priority is most likely receiver. If we spend and land one then there will be less available to fill other areas of interest.  Several balls in the air at one time so to speak.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue Guess Who

« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2021, 07:13:31 PM »

Petermann will get a ton of interest if he hits FA. He is ready for FT work.

I agree - he is a receiver talent.

Proof will be in the pudding though - signed by a team in receiver need (like Ottawa) and given a real shot to start (and not pre-judged a back-up)
GCn19

« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2021, 07:21:01 PM »

I agree - he is a receiver talent.

Proof will be in the pudding though - signed by a team in receiver need (like Ottawa) and given a real shot to start (and not pre-judged a back-up)

The only thing that kept Petermann from FT work already was some very good play by Wolitarsky and Demski. Petermann looked really good in his injury opportunities. He could help a few teams out. Selfishly, I hope he agrees to stay...

Pigskin

« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2021, 07:42:25 PM »

Really like Pete. One of the hardest working guys in practice. Rick House 2.0. But I think he would like be in the starting line up. With Lapo and Matt in Ottawa, I think he lands in Ottawa.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2021, 04:36:15 AM »

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH RECEIVER KENNY LAWLER

WINNIPEG, MB., February 3, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with American receiver Kenny Lawler on a one-year contract extension. He was scheduled to become a free agent on February 9th.

Lawler (6-3, 195, California; DOB: June 25, 1994, in Ponoma, CA) returns to the Bombers for a second season after first being signed to the practice roster in October of 2018.

Lawler had a solid first season with the Bombers in 2019, leading the club with 637 receiving yards on 41 receptions - four of them for touchdowns. Those numbers helped him earn honours as the Bombers Most Outstanding Rookie Player.

Lawler started 16 regular-season games for the Bombers in 2019 as well as the three playoff games, in which he added eight receptions for 126 yards, including a 26-yard touchdown in the West Final victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Lawler first came to the Canadian Football League with the B.C. Lions in 2018, attending their training camp that season before being released. A seventh-round draft pick of the Seattle Seahawks in 2016, he spent time on their practice squad that year and in 2017.

He played three years with the California Golden Bears, catching 143 passes for 1,706 yards and 27 touchdowns (mostly from Detroit Lions quarterback, Jared Goff), before entering the NFL draft after his junior season.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/02/03/blue-bombers-agree-terms-receiver-kenny-lawler/

"I SEE MYSELF BEING AN ALL-STAR" - LAWLER SETS GOALS FOR 2021
https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/02/03/see-star-lawler-sets-goals-2021/

GCn19

« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2021, 02:37:46 PM »

Welcome back Janarion Grant!! That's a relief...

Blue In BC

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2021, 02:54:50 PM »

Welcome back Janarion Grant!! That's a relief...

Great to get him back. I wasn't sure we'd get either Lawler or Grant back for 2021. I'd also like to see Whitehead back but if we don't we improved our situation for returner.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: