Blue Bombers Forum
October 21, 2021, 03:40:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2020-2021  (Read 44654 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2021, 12:15:13 PM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
No shockers or surprises as the #Bombers complete their roster ahead of the season.
Those on the "CFL Practice Roster" are effectively free agents that can sign anywhere. The regular rules apply to acquiring those on the 10-player practice roster.
Injured lists announced on Wed.

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
Looking at these cuts and practice roster assignments, it looks like DeAundre Alford and Deatrick Nichols have earned jobs in the #Bombers secondary. Team started training camp with 27 defensive backs. Was quite the battle. #CFL

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
New #Bombers ...
DBs Deatrick Nichols and DeAundre Alford look to be potential Week 1 starters. REC ArDarius Stewart, too.

I expect to see LB Jontrell Rocquemore to find himself in the early action, as well as REC/RET Kelvin McKnight.

All are CFL freshmen.

Johnson and Darby will fill 2 of the 3 vacancies at SAM and in the secondary if we have no injuries. I'd take that to mean one of the rookie DB's will be the DI.

If Stewart ends up starting then one of Adams or Bailey is going onto the IR?  Ditto for McKnight.

Something has to give. Preferably we don't actually have 9 players going onto the IR. If we don't then where are the extra bodies going?

My expectation for DI's: Antigua, Alford, Sayles and a returner.  The returner is where things could get tricky.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:19:48 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #391 on: July 31, 2021, 01:18:51 PM »

Not really any surprises. Dust has to settle on the roster.

At the moment we have 53 players /  30 imports ( 2 of which are Global ). That's 9 players too many of which 7 are imports / globals.

Still lots of shuffling to do. Teams were supposed to be down to 44 today so that means 9 are headed to IR?

That's a lot to deal with and confusing at the moment. Maston will be 1 of those going to IR.

Teams have until Wednesday to declare their IR although some teams are starting that already.

Until we actually hear who else is injured it's impossible to speculate for the most part.

I guessed we might see as many as 6 go to IR but only guessed at a few possibilities.

Had hopes O'Leary Orange would show well, then Agudosi but Tyrell landed on the roster?

Looks like there will be 8 players on the IR.

- min 20 Nationals need to dress

- max 20 Americans

- min 2 quarterbacks

- min 1 Global player

- can dress 1 more player. Can be National or Global

- 1 player on reserve

NewBlue

« Reply #392 on: July 31, 2021, 01:20:11 PM »

So is the PR essentially 17 players now?  10 as always, 2 extra Globals, and 5 Taxi?

I assume the Taxi squad is like in the NHL, where it's the 1st callups.  I'd also guess they are not able to get scooped by another team.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #393 on: July 31, 2021, 01:28:15 PM »

So is the PR essentially 17 players now?  10 as always, 2 extra Globals, and 5 Taxi?

I assume the Taxi squad is like in the NHL, where it's the 1st callups.  I'd also guess they are not able to get scooped by another team.

There can be up to 3 Global players on the practice roster.

The 5 players on the CFL practice roster are actually more accessible to other teams than the regular practice roster. These players are meant to form a pool of players that are to be available if a team starts losing players to Covid.

NewBlue

« Reply #394 on: July 31, 2021, 01:33:00 PM »

There can be up to 3 Global players on the practice roster.

The 5 players on the CFL practice roster are actually more accessible to other teams than the regular practice roster. These players are meant to form a pool of players that are to be available if a team starts losing players to Covid.

Interesting...thanks.

But how could they be more accessable?  Anyone on a PR is basically a FA.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #395 on: July 31, 2021, 01:44:56 PM »

Interesting...thanks.

But how could they be more accessable?  Anyone on a PR is basically a FA.

If a player is claimed off the CFL practice roster they need to go to their new team. The original team does retain the player's rights however when the season is over.

If a claim is put on a player from the regular practice roster a player can decline to leave or the original team can put them on the active roster for the week.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:50:11 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #396 on: July 31, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »

Looks like there will be 8 players on the IR.

- min 20 Nationals need to dress

- max 20 Americans

- min 2 quarterbacks

- min 1 Global player

- can dress 1 more player. Can be National or Global

- 1 player on reserve

I don't think that's quite right. Teams are unlikely to only dress 43 players. They will add the extra Canadian to hit 44 on the AR. Two years of draft choices is not the season to not do that. Currently there are 23 Canadians on the roster.

Dressing a 2nd Global is at the expense of an import DI so that has no relevance to the 44 AR.

There is no reserve. 2021 was supposed to be a roster of 45 with no reserve. Then they eliminated the 2nd global. In 2019 the AR was 46 of which there was a 2 man reserve.

We know some players are nicked and may or may not be ready for game 1 or longer. However if they are able to play, roster juggling will take place. I expect some healthy players will still end up on the 1 game IR otherwise we'll lose them.

Some players on the PR may end up being released in order to make space.

Example: I don't see dressing all 5 Canadian OL. One of Eli or Gray will need to be protected if nobody is injured Aug 4th.

Realistically I expect Crapigna, Mauro, 1 - 2 receivers, 1 RB, and 1 DB to end up being protected that way. Along with Maston ( 6 game IR ) that would account for 6 - 8 players of the 9. 

The ultimate question is who is actually injured by the time the roster needs to be declared. Adams, Bailey and Harris are on the mend at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 03:06:41 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #397 on: July 31, 2021, 07:25:10 PM »

From Bombers Twitter;
Some number changes to note

ArDarius Stewart #17
Alden Darby #22
Josh Miller #25
David Rivers #29
Deatrick Nichols #32
Jontrell Rocquemore #36
Tanner Cadwallader #47
Ezekiel Rose #50
James Tyrrell #83
Brendan O'Leary Orange #84
Kelvin McKnight #87

TecnoGenius

« Reply #398 on: August 01, 2021, 02:31:50 AM »

Deatrick Nichols #32

DARN, all those with #15 jerseys were hoping Deatrick would take #15... it would have helped clear out the old already-sewn Jersey stocks too!!  C'mon man!

Never go full Rider!
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #399 on: August 04, 2021, 05:09:53 PM »

BREAKING DOWN THE BOMBERS: A player-by-player look at the roster for the 2021 CFL season
Ted Wyman  Aug 03, 2021

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/breaking-down-the-bombers-a-player-by-player-look-at-the-roster-for-the-2021-cfl-season

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #400 on: August 04, 2021, 05:16:40 PM »

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
The @Wpg_BlueBombers depth chart is out. No Andrew Harris, no Darvin Adams, no Kyrie Wilson

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
RB Andrew Harris, WR Darvin Adams and LB Kyrie Wilson officially ruled out for #Bombers #CFL season opener vs. #Ticats. No surprise as none have practised for a while. DE Willie Jefferson, who missed Tuesday practice with ankle injury, is on roster. We'll see what happens there.

#Bombers are making DE Willie Jefferson available to the media today which is a sign that he's playing Thursday despite missing Tuesday practice with ankle injury. Or they could just be messing with us! #CFL

Taylor Allen   @TaylorAllen31
As expected, the #Bombers will be without Andrew Harris, Darvin Adams and Kyrie Wilson tomorrow night. It'll be up to Brady Oliveira, Charles Nelson and Jontrell Rocquemore to fill their shoes.

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
DETAILS ON DEPTH, INJURED LISTS

Updated with the #TiCats' depth chart. #Bombers
https://bonfiresports.ca/2021-week1-depth/

Bombers' depth chart for game 1
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E79LPPYXoAAKMzA?format=jpg&name=large

Bombers' injury roster and injury list
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E79K5WVXsAMsRmT?format=jpg&name=large

Hamilton Tiger-Cats   @Ticats
Week one's depth chart for our season opener against @Wpg_BlueBombers #Ticats | #CFL

https://twitter.com/Ticats/status/1422952086224900096

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Jefferson, starting centre Michael Couture, and specials demon Mike Miller all listed as "questionable" for Week 1.
Much ado about nothing, if you ask this reporter. #Bombers

BOMBERS, TICATS POST FINAL INJURY REPORTS (AUG. 4)
https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/02/bombers-ticats-update-week-1-injury-reports/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 07:30:50 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #401 on: August 04, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »

Only Maston is listed on the 6 game IR, so that's something. Doesn't mean the others will be available next week but we'll have to wait and see.

More  importantly is do we still win and if not did we play well? Losing is bad but if we played well that's something to hang our hat on.

Hard to take after no 2020 season if we look unprepared.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 05:41:30 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
NewBlue

« Reply #402 on: August 04, 2021, 06:13:37 PM »

Only Maston is listed on the 6 game IR, so that's something. Doesn't mean the others will be available next week but we'll have to wait and see.

More  importantly is do we still win and if not did we play well? Losing is bad but if we played well that's something to hang our hat on.

Hard to take after no 2020 season if we look unprepared.

There was no pre-season.  I don't think we'll see a masterpiece.  Could be ugly even at times.
kkc60

« Reply #403 on: August 04, 2021, 06:49:31 PM »

There was no pre-season.  I don't think we'll see a masterpiece.  Could be ugly even at times.
It's gonna be a weird game. I'm sure there will be big plays galore on both ends between broken coverages, wrong routes, miscommunication on the OL, etc on both ends.

Luckily our lines are mostly intact from last year. DB is where I'm worried. OL is where Hamilton should be.

Most importantly though, injuries worry me for all of the games. We've seen it in TC. I hope we don't see it in games.
Blue In BC

« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2021, 06:51:26 PM »

I can live with ugly and mental mistakes. Even losing could be somewhat acceptable. I'm just saying there is a difference between early season mistakes by rookies and even vets.

OTOH, players getting beat physically is more of a concern. IE: Carmichael from a couple of years ago.

Of course that also takes time and you can't write off a player immediately. Learning the game speed and nuances can't all be absorbed from watching game film in TC.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: