NFL team for bombers fans to cheer for

Started by Blue_midnight, October 25, 2020, 04:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue_midnight

I?ve never really watched or followed the NFL before. I?ve only been interested in the Bombers and the CFL. But with the cancelled season, I?m starved for some football.

Which NFL teams do you recommend cheering for? Any that have links to the Bombers? I see that Winston Rose is playing tomorrow for the Bengals. They don?t have a great record. I know the Seahawks had some in the past.

Are there any free ways to watch them or is TSN the best bet?

For someone who has only really watched led CFL, do you find the switch easy? It?s tough to imagine caring much for a random team. The Bombers better be back in 2021.

TecnoGenius

Check out the NFL discussions on the "Offside forum" part of this fan forum.

As for a link to the CFL / Bombers...

I'm doing the same thing as you, watching the NFL for the first time (i.e. watching many games instead of the random odd one that just happens to be on, plus playoffs).  I have to say I'm not impressed.  I vastly prefer the CFL product.  And the more I watch the NFL, the more I miss the CFL, all the player names I know, the TSN family, etc.

How many PATs can a league miss in 1 season?  From what I've seen every kicker in the CFL could outdo those clowns down south.

It really irks me that there's some random dart board throws that determine what games we get to see on Shaw each week.  I have all of big networks, TSN, SNET and that "free" NFL channel and most weeks they aren't showing the teams I want to see.  Just like you I want to see the ex-Bomber players.  Guess what doesn't appear to be on Shaw this weekend... Bengals.  So no Rose for me.  Luckily for the 2nd time since season start I get to see a Cardinals game.

Like you, I'm having trouble giving a hoot about any team.  I guess Cardinals would be my fave, just for Strev.  Heck, I don't even hate the Patriots as much as I did because Brady isn't there anymore.  Just all-round ambivalence.

The product is pretty boring and I've started not really paying attention to games while I work on something else.  I'm recording less than the max I can.  Probably just winnow it down to a couple of the "big teams" and Strev before the end.  I'd say there's been 3 games all season I'd label "exciting", and that's out of 10-12 games a week I can record.  In the CFL there's always at least 1, often 2 (of 4) a week that are barnstormers.

QuoteThe Bombers better be back in 2021

You're darn right they better be back!!  If CFL isn't back in 2021 it will make my anger from a couple of months ago look like a walk in the park.  The fact the NFL has all teams playing and some even with 25k fans present is really revealing how exceedingly lame, chicken and uncreative the CFL was for bailing.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

Pick any NFL team you want, but the best teams are the ones to watch. That's the Seahawks, Titans, and Chiefs IMO.

CTV has a couple of games a week in Calgary. I don't know if that's true in Winnipeg.

NFL is a bit of a different beast than CFL because of the narrower field and the 4 downs, but the player and coaching levels are significantly higher. The number of cameras creates some great football viewing.

I usually watch NFL after the CFL season is done, but I've been watching this year since the first game and I'm sure a lot of football fans have been as well. Hopefully no CFL this year doesn't mean we lose a lot of fans to the NFL, but that could very well happen.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

I've been channel surfing a bunch of NFL games every weekend. Mostly to see any ex CFL players and see how they are doing. I haven't watched any NFL game start to finish though.

The games that I watch more of are the better teams as mentioned above: Seattle and Kansas City for example.

Losing interest quickly in college games. So many games are pure blowouts and not competitive. OTOH I have watched games that have Bomber draft picks a bit more than the others.

Need CFL back in 2021.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 25, 2020, 02:37:09 PM
I've been channel surfing a bunch of NFL games every weekend. Mostly to see any ex CFL players and see how they are doing. I haven't watched any NFL game start to finish though.

The games that I watch more of are the better teams as mentioned above: Seattle and Kansas City for example.

Losing interest quickly in college games. So many games are pure blowouts and not competitive. OTOH I have watched games that have Bomber draft picks a bit more than the others.

Need CFL back in 2021.
NEED? How about Bloody hell desperate!

I root for the Bills and KC
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

What about all the missed PATs guys?!  Even the good teams are missing them like crazy.

And the injuries... they make a great lesson on the need for a normal TC and pre-season break-in period.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

If your a true football fan, it doesn't matter if it's 6 man, 9 man, NFL or CFL. Football is football at the end of the day. As much as I love the CFL game, there is a reason all football player aspire to be in the NFL. If you watched the Seahawks/Cardinals game yesterday it was a beauty. I am just glad we have both leagues to watch.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GCn19

As a Vikings/KC fan this season has been up and down for me. I have attended a number of games in both Minny and KC and enjoy the NFL tailgating immensely.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Pigskin

Glad your a KC fan, because this year the Vikings are terrible. However I do like Jefferson.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on October 26, 2020, 01:25:56 PM
If you watched the Seahawks/Cardinals game yesterday it was a beauty. I am just glad we have both leagues to watch.

Ya, just finished it.  Only PVRd the allotted 3.5hrs so I had to watch the highlights to see what happened in OT.  Sweet!!  Love watching David beat Goliath, and Wilson throwing several picks.  Best game so far this year?  (Refs gave Cardis a leg up though with the very weak pyramiding, then the weak hold to stop the OT TD.)

Don't get me wrong, I gripe about the NFL, but I'm glad it's there!!  Even in normal years I watch a couple of games and the playoffs.  Any football is better than no football.
Never go full Rider!