Blue Bombers Forum
February 01, 2023, 03:52:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Board Renewal Process Continues  (Read 1557 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: September 28, 2020, 07:50:16 PM »

Board renewal process continues

WINNIPEG, MB., September 28, 2020 - As part of the continuing process of Board renewal, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will once again hold a public nomination period to fill upcoming vacancies on the Winnipeg Football Club Board of Directors.

The Winnipeg Football Club introduced the public nomination process to seek out and elect new Directors in early 2013. Since then sixteen new members have been elected to the Board through the public nomination process.

The current nomination period will open today, September 28, 2020 and runs until October 23, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.

Once the nomination process closes, each application will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee of the Board and the candidate(s) who meet the qualifications will then be considered and eventually will be elected by the full Board of Directors.

Applications from past nominees will continue to be considered unless they have specifically withdrawn their application.

Potential Directors can nominate themselves or grant approval to be nominated by a third party. We encourage candidates who are involved in the community and have deep networks in the Manitoba business community to apply. We kindly request all applications be submitted via email to boardnomination@bluebombers.com.

To view the qualifications necessary to join the Winnipeg Football Club Board of Directors, please carefully review this link.

The public nomination period will open again in the fall of 2021 to fill future vacancies.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sec227

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 03:35:00 PM »

Be real cool if say an "average" or Super fan can be part of this board. Seems they are really looking for business people. I bet there is a few great people in  the community. That say coach football or even youth sports. Might be able to get some newer ideas to inspire the next generation of fan that the team and league so desperately need. Seems the board, by quick glance. Kind of sums up the the average "age" of the fan, again by glancing.   
blue_or_die

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »

Be real cool if say an "average" or Super fan can be part of this board. Seems they are really looking for business people. I bet there is a few great people in  the community. That say coach football or even youth sports. Might be able to get some newer ideas to inspire the next generation of fan that the team and league so desperately need. Seems the board, by quick glance. Kind of sums up the the average "age" of the fan, again by glancing.   

The WFC board function is no different than the board of any other business and requires a wealth of knowledge and experience of running an organization. Certainly an average Joe superfan would have some interesting e.g. ?game day experience? ideas but their real job is to ensure the business side runs smoothly. Similar to me having plenty of ideas on how to make a better Big Mac but it probably being a bad idea to have me on the exec board at McDonald?s, lol.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 06:58:14 PM »

well in that light I nominate myself for the 18th year a row! Wink

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 03:42:35 AM »

Boards aren't (usually) involved in the day-to-day operations of the business. They don't tell the CEO or organization how to accomplish the mandate. It really isn't a place for "super fans" to voice their opinions on the the look of the marketing or price of beer, etc. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: