Blue Bombers Forum
February 01, 2023, 03:00:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you miss most this season?
Live CFL - game day experience - 5 (17.9%)
CFL on TV - 9 (32.1%)
Chance to be with friends at the games, parties etc. - 2 (7.1%)
Missing the chance to repeat, see continued  growth as an organization / carry momentum - 1 (3.6%)
Talking CFL in places like this - 0 (0%)
All of the above - 11 (39.3%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you miss most this season?  (Read 7101 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 01:42:23 PM »

I thought the goal was to flatten the curve?

If the goal is to be 100% safe and have zero deaths then I hate to tell you guys but we'll never have CFL again, and especially not in 2021.  Is that what you are proposing?  Seriously, tell us what you propose the requirements be before the CFL opens for players and fans again.

Oh no!  An NFL fan got a "case", so what.  Unless he's geriatric, obese or has major problems 99.8%+ chance he'll survive.  Most intubated surgeries have worse odds than that, yet people get surgery all the time.  I'd gladly take those odds to watch my team play.

Cases don't mean squat.  Deaths are what matter.  Deaths are way down.  In fact, it's been postulated that so-called "excess deaths" are basically almost zero now in the USA.  Look at the NY covid deaths, there are practically none, and that's with all the reopenings to boot.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-deaths-united-states-each-day-2020-n1177936

I'll keep beating the dead horse until the negative nancies realize that what they are really saying is that we can't have football, or anything else nice, until ... basically ... unicorns fly.  I want CFL in 2021, thank you very much.  I'll protect who needs to be protected (my elderly parents, for instance) and let the healthy and non-septugenarians decide for themselves if 99.8% is good enough.

The goal was to not do stupid things like gathering in big crowds which prevent flattening the curve.

Deaths have been going up. Estimates of deaths going up in the fall are going up in the USA. Unless someone has been tested, how do they know they are healthy? How do you think 200,000 people got infected and died in the 1st place.

I can't imagine the current projections of possibly seeing 10,000 people a day will die in December in the USA will happen. OTOH we see when people disregard the social gatherings suggestions or even laws, then  cases and deaths go up.

At the moment the number of new cases in the US is about 40K per day. How many people THEY come in contact with is unimaginable. It's an exponential problem.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 02:30:02 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Stretch

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 01:54:38 PM »

Whether we were 3-15 or Grey Cup champs I loved to watch football.

Agreed, but definitely prefer the latter.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Blue In BC

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 05:38:54 PM »

I miss tailgates, pre and post game celebrations of football and friendships. Whether that is all live or a combination of conversations on forums etc.

We're all hoping we have a 2021 season. An approved vaccine and treatments as we move forward past the fall into spring are what we hope for at the moment. What and when are less clear and we're hearing a wide range of views.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 08:03:15 PM »

I miss the football. Whether we were 3-15 or Grey Cup champs I loved to watch football.
yup that sums it up nicely GC!
It is just a terrific brand of football. Highly entertaining in the way it is structured. The bigger field, the 3 downs, the much higher rate of possessions, the Canadian ratio flare and cool weather ambiance. It?s just a great game!

Cry Dam I miss it!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 10:23:39 PM »

yup that sums it up nicely GC!
It is just a terrific brand of football. Highly entertaining in the way it is structured. The bigger field, the 3 downs, the much higher rate of possessions, the Canadian ratio flare and cool weather ambiance. It?s just a great game!

Cry Dam I miss it!

Agree with both of you

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue_or_die

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 12:26:01 AM »

Weirdly, I chose ?CFL on TV?. Back in June before it sunk in, I missed the idea of kicking back and watching a Thursday night game between two teams I didn?t have any stake in and just enjoying this incredible league. I missed Friday nights where watching the game or games (double headers were awesome) was my evening plan somehow, whether the Bombers were playing or not, or whether I was out. If I were having a night at a bar or lounge, the games would be on and added another layer of fun to the night. Saturday?s maybe in the early afternoon I?d be running errands, doing yard work, working on a project or something and a game would come on late afternoon or evening and I would throw it on to relax because CFL, baby.

Obviously nothing compares going to the Bomber games live, but following the other games casually or watching away games at home with family and friends was very special too and, it turns out, a big part of my life for half the year.

Writing this is making me very sad  Cry
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:27:42 AM by blue_or_die » Logged

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bigbuff33

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 01:07:25 PM »

I miss the build up to an. important game...when there's going to be a sell out...and you can feel the electricity in the city...
Miss that big time...
1chad

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 06:38:52 PM »

absolutely love going to games with my friends.  Doing a mini tailgate, cruising the crowds, atmosphere always great.  Watching the games on TV (away games, other teams) was lots of fun too.  Miss the players in training camp, figuring out who is what number, really miss the CFL now.  Especially after the high of the Grey Cup!
blue_gold_84

For The W

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 03:51:45 PM »

I miss it all but I'm especially sad over not being able to see what could've been an exciting season and an opportunity to defend the WFC's 11th title and repeat as champions.

FWIW, I'd be more than okay watching games on TV next season if it meant CFL action with minimal or no fans in the stands. I just miss Canadian Football.

#forthew

Slava Ukraini!
Blue In BC

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »

I miss it all but I'm especially sad over not being able to see what could've been an exciting season and an opportunity to defend the WFC's 11th title and repeat as champions.

FWIW, I'd be more than okay watching games on TV next season if it meant CFL action with minimal or no fans in the stands. I just miss Canadian Football.

No kidding. Our 2020 potential roster was looking very solid. Very few holes to address going into TC especially on offense.

The one major concern was the ability of Collaros to stay healthy both short and long term.

I'm not sure if we see CFL action that was minimal or no fans. I'd certainly watch but I don't know if it's financially viable.

My impression is that more than 50% of revenue is gate based. Teams were not all profitable. That's not a good sign going forward.

IMO if we don't have a covid resolution that allows fans, then we likely don't have a 2021 season.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2020, 12:10:36 AM »

No kidding. Our 2020 potential roster was looking very solid. Very few holes to address going into TC especially on offense.

The one major concern was the ability of Collaros to stay healthy both short and long term.

I'm not sure if we see CFL action that was minimal or no fans. I'd certainly watch but I don't know if it's financially viable.

My impression is that more than 50% of revenue is gate based. Teams were not all profitable. That's not a good sign going forward.

IMO if we don't have a covid resolution that allows fans, then we likely don't have a 2021 season.

Agree with all

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2020, 02:53:28 PM »

The optimistic view is that a safe and effective vaccine could be available by late this year. Generally it would be in wide distribution going into spring.

TC is still another 7 - 8 months away in May. So that timeline could work out well.

The negative view ( from this mornings news ) is that the virus is mutating and they believe it could be more contagious. While that may not be more deadly it may make the current vaccine's being tested less or totally ineffective. About 40% of populations won't take the vaccine in any case.

It's a moving target moving at high speed so to speak. Science is working diligently.

I think we're all missing every aspect of a normal football season more as each day passes. I miss the discussions about new signings for TC. The draft. The free agency period.

The NFL and college games are a small relief but we want our Canadian game back in 2021. Exactly what the season will look like is unknown at the moment.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 02:54:59 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: