Blue Bombers Forum
February 01, 2023, 01:58:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you miss most this season?
Live CFL - game day experience - 5 (17.9%)
CFL on TV - 9 (32.1%)
Chance to be with friends at the games, parties etc. - 2 (7.1%)
Missing the chance to repeat, see continued  growth as an organization / carry momentum - 1 (3.6%)
Talking CFL in places like this - 0 (0%)
All of the above - 11 (39.3%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you miss most this season?  (Read 7098 times)
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« on: September 17, 2020, 01:05:03 AM »

I miss going to the games, meeting up with buddies and bumping into random folks you haven't seen for a bit as you walk around
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:07:12 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:44:00 AM »

All of the above, obviously.  Even though we're still talking CFL on the forum, it's not the same without some actual CFL.

#1 has got to be live games though.  Bumming me out!  I'm getting doubly sad watching the NFL making it work out ok with covid, meaning we could have too...

Heck, the F1 (yes, F1 again, sue me) race in Magello, Italy the other day had actual fans in the stands!  Not many, but still, fans!!  And I didn't see much distancing!

Never go full Rider!
blue_or_die

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 03:30:34 PM »

All of the above, obviously.  Even though we're still talking CFL on the forum, it's not the same without some actual CFL.

#1 has got to be live games though.  Bumming me out!  I'm getting doubly sad watching the NFL making it work out ok with covid, meaning we could have too...

Heck, the F1 (yes, F1 again, sue me) race in Magello, Italy the other day had actual fans in the stands!  Not many, but still, fans!!  And I didn't see much distancing!

This has been explained to you multiple times...

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »

It's been said before but here it goes again.

https://giphy.com/gifs/week-media-person-RL0xU1daTlMoE

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 04:04:06 PM »

Back to the question: All of it but mostly the live socialization is missed during Covid.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 07:06:34 PM »

Kansas City fan tests positive, seating section needs to be quarantined....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/us/chiefs-nfl-covid-spt-trnd/index.html

They jury is still very much out on the NFL solution....

grab grass 'n growl
buckzumhoff

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 07:27:23 PM »

CFL only league to not play. Not good. Shows some players are too high for a 6 or an 8 game season. I would have liked at least 10 games to complete more of a season. Other leagues worked it out. Winnipeg tried. I give them credit for that. Probably not alot of help from other teams.  I'm sure some did but I'm sure some didnt take the league itself seriously and let things just delay it til nothing was done. Even the federal govt did not want to help. They dont care they will just increase taxes gradually to recoup. Easy way to govern.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:31:31 PM by buckzumhoff » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 09:11:26 PM »

Kansas City fan tests positive, seating section needs to be quarantined....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/us/chiefs-nfl-covid-spt-trnd/index.html

They jury is still very much out on the NFL solution....

I wasn't expecting that so quickly. It does show how difficult it is to be 100% safe for everybody. If that wasn't true there wouldn't be 6.5 M people infected in the USA. People are still dying daily. Horrible situation.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 09:33:46 PM »

1) Be with friends more in the summer at the games
2) Blue Bomber football!
3) Dressing as GOLD MEMBER
4) Partying
5) Seeing my many Blue Bombers friends and acquaintances I see at Games every year

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 10:56:16 PM »

I wasn't expecting that so quickly. It does show how difficult it is to be 100% safe for everybody. If that wasn't true there wouldn't be 6.5 M people infected in the USA. People are still dying daily. Horrible situation.

I thought the goal was to flatten the curve?

If the goal is to be 100% safe and have zero deaths then I hate to tell you guys but we'll never have CFL again, and especially not in 2021.  Is that what you are proposing?  Seriously, tell us what you propose the requirements be before the CFL opens for players and fans again.

Oh no!  An NFL fan got a "case", so what.  Unless he's geriatric, obese or has major problems 99.8%+ chance he'll survive.  Most intubated surgeries have worse odds than that, yet people get surgery all the time.  I'd gladly take those odds to watch my team play.

Cases don't mean squat.  Deaths are what matter.  Deaths are way down.  In fact, it's been postulated that so-called "excess deaths" are basically almost zero now in the USA.  Look at the NY covid deaths, there are practically none, and that's with all the reopenings to boot.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-deaths-united-states-each-day-2020-n1177936

I'll keep beating the dead horse until the negative nancies realize that what they are really saying is that we can't have football, or anything else nice, until ... basically ... unicorns fly.  I want CFL in 2021, thank you very much.  I'll protect who needs to be protected (my elderly parents, for instance) and let the healthy and non-septugenarians decide for themselves if 99.8% is good enough.

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 02:15:10 AM »

Things a don?t miss in fact it is a blessing NO ROD BLACK calling ball. Sheesh!

Oh ya and I miss Milt commenting on CFL ball.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 02:19:30 AM »

I am pretty sure I heard 1202 deaths in the US yesterday related to Covid.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blue_or_die

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 10:45:35 AM »

Cases don't mean squat.  Deaths are what matter.  Deaths are way down.  In fact, it's been postulated that so-called "excess deaths" are basically almost zero now in the USA.  Look at the NY covid deaths, there are practically none, and that's with all the reopenings to boot.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-deaths-united-states-each-day-2020-n1177936

You're again missing the point. Cases matter because it's the spread of the virus that's the issue and not how likely it is that you die from it. If I tested positive right this second now, I would be worried, and not because I think there's a good chance I will die, but because of the people who I interacted with irresponsibly while not knowing I was a carrier who might contract it and who are more vulnerable not only to death but severe illness, and in turn those who then contract it from those I initially spread it to.

In the case of the KC game, yeah, probably not a big deal that one person has it from an individual perspective, but that goes to show that a few hundred fans, placed outdoors and looking mostly distanced, in a space that holds closer to 100K people is an 'easy place' for a spread and would be hugely exacerbated if they were to have put in any more fans. Holding an event that acts as a breeding ground is not flattening the curve.

I'll keep beating the dead horse until the negative nancies realize that what they are really saying is that we can't have football, or anything else nice, until ... basically ... unicorns fly.  I want CFL in 2021, thank you very much.  I'll protect who needs to be protected (my elderly parents, for instance) and let the healthy and non-septugenarians decide for themselves if 99.8% is good enough.

Once again, failing to miss the point. It's not about you and your decisions. If you were able to do whatever you wanted and got covid and very likely didn't die, good on you. But the big problem is that in doing so, you are also likely spreading asymptomatically to those you interact with, while you think you're protecting them or not. If it only affected you, sure, you should get to decide what you want to do. But it doesn't and that's why this is such a problem. You might also think it's ok if you get drunk and drive home, and maybe it would be if it was only you at risk, but it's you and whoever you happen to drive by on the road.

I've made these points you multiple times and you have never responded. I will assume you will again not respond to this post and I will interpret that as you not having a reasonable counterpoint.

Sorry to hijack your thread, PJ!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:47:06 AM by blue_or_die » Logged

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GCn19

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 11:09:21 AM »

I miss the football. Whether we were 3-15 or Grey Cup champs I loved to watch football.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 12:47:37 PM »

You're again missing the point. Cases matter because it's the spread of the virus that's the issue and not how likely it is that you die from it. If I tested positive right this second now, I would be worried, and not because I think there's a good chance I will die, but because of the people who I interacted with irresponsibly while not knowing I was a carrier who might contract it and who are more vulnerable not only to death but severe illness, and in turn those who then contract it from those I initially spread it to.

In the case of the KC game, yeah, probably not a big deal that one person has it from an individual perspective, but that goes to show that a few hundred fans, placed outdoors and looking mostly distanced, in a space that holds closer to 100K people is an 'easy place' for a spread and would be hugely exacerbated if they were to have put in any more fans. Holding an event that acts as a breeding ground is not flattening the curve.

Once again, failing to miss the point. It's not about you and your decisions. If you were able to do whatever you wanted and got covid and very likely didn't die, good on you. But the big problem is that in doing so, you are also likely spreading asymptomatically to those you interact with, while you think you're protecting them or not. If it only affected you, sure, you should get to decide what you want to do. But it doesn't and that's why this is such a problem. You might also think it's ok if you get drunk and drive home, and maybe it would be if it was only you at risk, but it's you and whoever you happen to drive by on the road.

I've made these points you multiple times and you have never responded. I will assume you will again not respond to this post and I will interpret that as you not having a reasonable counterpoint.

Sorry to hijack your thread, PJ!!

All great points, nicely done. And actually you didn't hijack this thread, you just responded to the hijackers.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 02:21:31 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: