Blue Bombers Forum
February 01, 2023, 02:40:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: K-Ci and Jojo  (Read 4098 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: September 15, 2020, 02:53:36 AM »

This question is really off the wall: there was a CFL game, almost certainly a WPG one, where Kate Beirness cracks up the panel by mentioning K-Ci & Jojo.  Milt & Hank lose it laughing.  I think Sanchez was also there.  So it must have been a Thursday since Kate was hosting.  Anyhow, does anyone remember which game that was?  Who were we playing?  Maybe someone's memory is better than mine (I'm hoping!), and noticed it too.

I'm not a huge Kate fan (on the panel) but that joke of hers cracked me up.

Thanks!

Never go full Rider!
DM83

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 09:22:11 PM »

Wow! You're such an insider. Who are the people you are talking about?
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 09:26:05 PM »

Doesn't really matter because this has nothing to do with the bombers and should be in The Extra Point section.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 11:03:25 PM »

Doesn't really matter because this has nothing to do with the bombers and should be in The Extra Point section.

Uh, the forum is for anything CFL and I think a panel discussion featuring Kate, Milt Stegall, Burris and Sanchez during an actual Blue Bomber game certainly qualifies as "CFL".

Yes, this is fanboi level stuff.  You've never had something odd you remember drive you crazy until you nail down the specifics?  I know I have this episode on PVR somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it just by skimming Thursday shows yet.

And it's not like there's anything else CFL to talk about right now... so why not K-Ci and Jojo?  Wink Shocked

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:25:26 AM »

I never dwell on the insignificant things. What is in the past, stays in the past. Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

George Carlin.

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 12:38:17 AM »

Uh, the forum is for anything CFL and I think a panel discussion featuring Kate, Milt Stegall, Burris and Sanchez during an actual Blue Bomber game certainly qualifies as "CFL".

Yes, this is fanboi level stuff.  You've never had something odd you remember drive you crazy until you nail down the specifics?  I know I have this episode on PVR somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it just by skimming Thursday shows yet.

And it's not like there's anything else CFL to talk about right now... so why not K-Ci and Jojo?  Wink Shocked

just ignore them him.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 10:30:34 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
DM83

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 05:23:51 AM »

So much for asking a question....oh well.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 07:39:42 AM »

So much for asking a question....oh well.

Oh, I thought you were joking!?

Of course you know who Kate & Milt & Burris are, so you must mean K-Ci and Jojo... I didn't know who they were either, but apparently they were a male signing duo doing romantic r&b in the late 90's / early 00's.  You can google/youtube them.  (Totally not my style!)

But Milt & Hank knew who they were and were cracking up big time on the panel as they were cutting to commercial.  When I checked out who they were, I got the joke too.  I have to hand it to Kate, that was some pretty funny stuff and I bet she really impressed the boys with that one, even if 90% of Canada had no clue what she was talking about (including me).  I love wacky, irreverent and asinine humor like that.

Still no takers on which game it was??  Argh... I'm going to have to *carefully* watch each game's panel time now then.  I'm starting to wonder if it's 2018, not 2019... but I could have sworn it was 2019.

Never go full Rider!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »

Why?
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 06:49:37 PM »

I see negative nelly is back trying to stir the pot.

DM83

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 03:17:57 AM »

Thanks...I think.
Naw I just accept not knowing. Thanks for trying.to clarify.

Um can we start,a,football season?

I guess cheering on Baker Mayfield who finally won a nationally televised game, was a hi-lite tonite.
Go. Cardinals....Huh?  Or Bombers South!
Blue In BC

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 05:41:10 PM »

Bengals secondary was crap. That might give Rose a chance to get onto the AR? Don't know much about the players in their secondary but they didn't cover or tackle. Changes may be forth coming at some point.

Would love to see Rose get a chance to play.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TecnoGenius

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 07:42:01 AM »

Go. Cardinals....Huh?  Or Bombers South!

Bombers South, I like it!!

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 03:02:24 PM »

Little Cedric

Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 03:02:43 PM »

Emotional

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 10:29:27 PM »

Oh, I thought you were joking!?

Of course you know who Kate & Milt & Burris are, so you must mean K-Ci and Jojo... I didn't know who they were either, but apparently they were a male signing duo doing romantic r&b in the late 90's / early 00's.  You can google/youtube them.  (Totally not my style!)

But Milt & Hank knew who they were and were cracking up big time on the panel as they were cutting to commercial.  When I checked out who they were, I got the joke too.  I have to hand it to Kate, that was some pretty funny stuff and I bet she really impressed the boys with that one, even if 90% of Canada had no clue what she was talking about (including me).  I love wacky, irreverent and asinine humor like that.

Still no takers on which game it was??  Argh... I'm going to have to *carefully* watch each game's panel time now then.  I'm starting to wonder if it's 2018, not 2019... but I could have sworn it was 2019.

I thought it was a joke / razz too lol

The explanation was worth the wait Wink

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: