Main Menu

2020 NFL Season

Started by bigbuff33, August 07, 2020, 02:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

The NFL is a much more physical games. Receive and DB's get to fight a little more for the ball.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DCM

Cowboys? strength and conditioning coach Markus Paul, a part of five Super Bowl champions as a safety for the Bears and a coach for the Patriots, Jets and Giants, has passed away. He was 54.

Markus suffered a medical emergency at the facility yesterday.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Pigskin

Pigskin

Raven/Steelers move to Sunday due to a Covid breakout with the Ravens.

Pigskin

Ravens up to 22 players out with Covid. The NFL has them scheduled to play the Steelers on Tuesday and Cowboy on Thursday. The Steeler and Ravens have been postponed once for a week. When is it time for a team to default? How fair is this to the other teams?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on November 29, 2020, 06:13:39 PM
Ravens up to 22 players out with Covid. The NFL has them scheduled to play the Steelers on Tuesday and Cowboy on Thursday. The Steeler and Ravens have been postponed once for a week. When is it time for a team to default? How fair is this to the other teams?

Just ask the Denver Broncos. No QBs on roster? nah you still play as scheduled Denver. Saints smash Broncos. NFL is turning into a complete joke. My interest is waining. More interested in wokeness and questionable money/scheduling tactics. I find myself just not caring as much anymore.

You?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

I wasn't impressed that Bronco's had to play, and the Ravens have been able to postpone, not once but twice.

I think it shows that without a bubble it's hard to keep the players healthy and games on schedule. This is the second time this year that the Steelers have got jerked around.

blue_or_die

I bet if the NFL tried they could have done a better bubble than any other league. Could have picked a city with lots of accommodations, facilities, good weather and spaces to sprawl out (somewhere like Houston, maybe?). I mean, I get the players' perspective of wanting to not be locked down, but it's not like the fans can be getting anything out of this. They have to be losing money at the facilities to even let in any fans. Imagine what they'd save if they played out of one or a few facilities, not to mention not having to reschedule games, etc.

If we find ourselves in a similar situation next year (god forbid), maybe they might consider that instead.
#Ride?

Pigskin

blue_or_die

Quote from: Pigskin on November 30, 2020, 04:33:39 PM
CFL in a Bubble?

That would be fine if no other alternative. They will have to find a way to get sufficient revenue, then, though.
#Ride?

Pigskin

I can't see the CFL in a bubble. Far more money then they have, and I can't see the Fed's kicking in much if any. Sad, but the Federal Government just doesn't get it. I wonder if it was hockey if it would be different.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Pigskin on November 30, 2020, 06:56:02 PM
I can't see the CFL in a bubble. Far more money then they have, and I can't see the Fed's kicking in much if any. Sad, but the Federal Government just doesn't get it. I wonder if it was hockey if it would be different.

Oh, sorry, at the end of my post you were responding to, I meant bubble might be an option for the NFL next year if that's where we find ourselves. I agree a CFL bubble would be harder based on financial model.
#Ride?

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 30, 2020, 07:22:14 PM
Oh, sorry, at the end of my post you were responding to, I meant bubble might be an option for the NFL next year if that's where we find ourselves. I agree a CFL bubble would be harder based on financial model.

I can't imagine an NFL bubble. Probably about 80 players per team. Coaching / training staff etc adds another 15?  So they'd be looking at 3000 people for a very extended time in 1 or 2 bubbles.

Financially is one issue but keeping people apart from families for that long is inconceivable IMO.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

The Ravens are turning into a joke and really screwing up the NFL. If the Ravens can't put a team on the field by Wednesday they should have to default. At this point there just screwing up other teams schedule. 

Pigskin

Fuller and Roby for the Texans suspended for 6 games for PED's.